Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

Nicolas Cage thinks the Cage Rage memes are a disservice ...
Well we keep trying to find a cheap prop on minimum, we try get 2 or 3 to do the job. Thompson is better than that level player just needs to stay on the field..we need to fill the 17 and he is better than what we have coming through.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Different clubs have different roster needs and at times the cap/ roster is way out of balance which helps create situations where contracted players n clubs can come to agreement to break contracts. So there are possibilities for the dogs to get middles.

With Brisbane they may have to find some salary cap for Ezra Mam which may create an opportunity for Xavier Willison to break contract, Titans have had to upgrade Tino n Fifita - helps with Fotoeika. NQ seem to have an abundance of forwards cant keep them all but are short on outside backs where they need to spend. Im sure even Newcastle will need to upgrade some contracts which might free ups a Saifiti.

Based on last weeks games id be enquiring about Terrel May

The issue for dogs seems less about cap and more about available top 30 spots hence the need to move non performing/ committed players on.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
QLDers are differant. Some simply hate everything NSW and will take far less to play for Broncos. Its always been that way. Carrigan is a prime example. Broncos are treated like Gods in Brisbane. Never pay for a meal anywhere once they retire. God knows what perks they get whilst they wear the jersey. NRL must love them for broadcasting and ticket sales.
They will always have a unique advantage in the NRL.
The Dolphins and Bennett are eroding it.

Always a Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come Broncos never got busted for cheating the cap all those years when their team was comprised almost wholly of the QLD state of origin team - oh except Michael De Vere who was in the NSW origin team.

Clearly they were not under the cap - won a bunch of premierships too.

They are looking questionable again cap wise - so no surprise they finished high on the ladder with a stacked side
Nrl or was it ARL back then, turned a blind eye to that stacked team because it was so important for TV ratings and profits that the Bronco’s be extremely successful, both on a weekly Nrl level and Origin level, even now Bronco’s still pull the highest ratings and bums on seats … they still get the best time slots and looked after.

@Nasheed …. Nothing to do with property prices or cost of living … everything back then was to do with the Thoroughbreds looking after the players re TPA’s/financially outside the cap and the Nrl not (cough) noticing .. it’s always about the money, thought you’d have known that !

Every chance they wouldn’t have noticed the Melbourne Storm fiasco if the evidence wasn’t actually handed to them to the point they had to act, probably would have preferred to turn a blind eye there if they could have as well. Jmo.

Storm & Brisbane will always be given special privileges, 2 important positions strategically in strong AFL strongholds …

Was Andrew Gee ever found to be questioned ? …… funny how that was all dropped and swept under the carpet …

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not he’s one of the worse first graders I have ever seen and I’m not just saying that
Lol sorry but that's a terrible take. He's fucking 19 who was asked to play on his less favoured side. Not saying he wasn't shit all year barring a few moments but to say he's one of the worst first graders you've ever seen is just hyperbole

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol sorry but that's a terrible take. He's fucking 19 who was asked to play on his less favoured side. Not saying he wasn't shit all year barring a few moments but to say he's one of the worst first graders you've ever seen is just hyperbole
One step up from another poster, who’s never met him, saying he’s a shit person [emoji849]

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He defended on his preferred side vs Knights at Accor and the guy was at fault for 85% of their tries

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think he is tight with RFM Judging from the pre season vids. May have cost alamotti a new contract in the end.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Nrl or was it ARL back then, turned a blind eye to that stacked team because it was so important for TV ratings and profits that the Bronco’s be extremely successful, both on a weekly Nrl level and Origin level, even now Bronco’s still pull the highest ratings and bums on seats … they still get the best time slots and looked after.

@Nasheed …. Nothing to do with property prices or cost of living … everything back then was to do with the Thoroughbreds looking after the players re TPA’s/financially outside the cap and the Nrl not (cough) noticing .. it’s always about the money, thought you’d have known that !

Every chance they wouldn’t have noticed the Melbourne Storm fiasco if the evidence wasn’t actually handed to them to the point they had to act, probably would have preferred to turn a blind eye there if they could have as well. Jmo.

Storm & Brisbane will always be given special privileges, 2 important positions strategically in strong AFL strongholds …

Was Andrew Gee ever found to be questioned ? …… funny how that was all dropped and swept under the carpet …
Cheers 1967.

So in summary, Brisbane cheated the cap and the powers that be turned a blind eye.

In 2002, we got all our points stripped off us for cheating the cap. Brisbane's punishment- nothing and they won premierships whilst cheating the cap too.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers 1967.

So in summary, Brisbane cheated the cap and the powers that be turned a blind eye.

In 2002, we got all our points stripped off us for cheating the cap. Brisbane's punishment- nothing and they won premierships whilst cheating the cap too.
That was jmo. mate,

Has a club ever been caught purposely ripping off the system or over the cap unless someone from the inside with conclusive proof has blown the whistle?

I know just after Hasler came to us Manly were found to be over the cap for the previous 5 years & fined heavily for it, Hasler jumped ship at the right time & dodged that bullet.

Parra were fined heavily for being over the cap, I believe a lot of what happened there was off limits to the media.

The story is the Sharks we’re found out to be well and truely over the cap, the story is it was 2 years leading up to their GF win and 2 years after the win, but weirdly enough not the year they won the GF, I’d love to see the real numbers behind that one …

Sometimes I feel the Nrl don’t want to know about it, it’s just bad publicity that paints the whole comp in a bad light to those they sell the game to.

But if someone with conclusive proof comes to them like they did with us & the Storm it makes it impossible for the Nrl to ignore it …

I think most teams have been fined for being over, but not purposely caught cheating like we were or the Storm were, but you don’t need to be Einstein to knows it’s gone on and some haven’t been caught.

Run the numbers on the Roosters, especially the team they’ll field next season and tell me there’s nothing going on there ???

Again it’s just my observations and jmo.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake Turpin according to one media report

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If their teams are in the semis might not hear anything till they are out of the finals race.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But by your logic we can get a better player that will also learn from critta.

I know Alamoti is popular here but the oil i get is he is culprit 1 on all issues raised recently.
Is above the source of your oil?