Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How come Broncos never got busted for cheating the cap all those years when their team was comprised almost wholly of the QLD state of origin team - oh except Michael De Vere who was in the NSW origin team.

Clearly they were not under the cap - won a bunch of premierships too.

They are looking questionable again cap wise - so no surprise they finished high on the ladder with a stacked side
barriers to exit and econimies of scale.

In case u hasnt noticed, brisbane Real estate is a good 35% less than Sydneys at least. Meaning they can easily be paid a good 20% less just to stay and still come out ahead, even if they was paid way less than that percentage its a hassle to uproot families and all that.

Monopoly helps. Is why we got dolphins and gc now.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How come Broncos never got busted for cheating the cap all those years when their team was comprised almost wholly of the QLD state of origin team - oh except Michael De Vere who was in the NSW origin team.

Clearly they were not under the cap - won a bunch of premierships too.

They are looking questionable again cap wise - so no surprise they finished high on the ladder with a stacked side
QLDers are differant. Some simply hate everything NSW and will take far less to play for Broncos. Its always been that way. Carrigan is a prime example. Broncos are treated like Gods in Brisbane. Never pay for a meal anywhere once they retire. God knows what perks they get whilst they wear the jersey. NRL must love them for broadcasting and ticket sales.
They will always have a unique advantage in the NRL.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wait which personality was that? Who did you champion then ? Or was that your functioning member of society phase
When was I not a functioning member of society?

Last edited:

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was told we made some enquiries a few months back about bringing Kasiano back to the club for 2024, he has carved out quite an impressive Super League career

would not surprise me if you see him in Dogs colours again

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I would keep him with criita coming. I believe players learn and develop from other players. Poor averillo had none to show him the art to play fullback or in the halves or even centre. If we had Morris or patten or hoko for the next young crop than they would have been more ready for 1st grade. I think the club has failed averillo , alamoti and others due to the lack of senior players and leaders.
But by your logic we can get a better player that will also learn from critta.

I know Alamoti is popular here but the oil i get is he is culprit 1 on all issues raised recently.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was told we made some enquiries a few months back about bringing Kasiano back to the club for 2024, he has carved out quite an impressive Super League career

but worth noting he is a different player now, very slim.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
But by your logic we can get a better player that will also learn from critta.

I know Alamoti is popular here but the oil i get is he is culprit 1 on all issues raised recently.
Yes of course but I meant I would give him a chance to learn from the best because he has had a lack of mentoring but only if attitude is right. Minimum wage of course.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need to recruit an angry pom . There aren't any Aussies avail.
After our last English recruitment I’m not sure bro. We need to get a few quality middles to break contract starting with Fotuaika

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
After our last English recruitment I’m not sure bro. We need to get a few quality middles to break contract starting with Fotuaika
Who would have thought Thompson would be a busy with his highlight reels. Sutton just sux. Graham was pretty good lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That simply cant happen.. it wont end well
Preston, Kikau, Crichton will have alot of weight on their shoulders. If Burton dishes up the same shit in 24 itll be just a hard.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Graham was awesome but Thommo and Sutton are fkn cup standard players. Thommo has been the biggest waste of cap.
I would keep Thompson on 1yr deal 400k max but that's purely due to lack of props available. For the life of me I don't know why Vaughn wasnt offered a contract. I doubt he is getting 600k in England

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I see he is 33 in Sept this year. Not sure we would want to invest our cap in a player at the tail end of his career, who hasn’t been courted by any other NRL clubs, I am aware of, after all this time. To me it is a bit like the “Josh Reynolds nice thought”, when we took on JR. Didn’t end well.