Gus on 100% Footy

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You actually make a good point. Out of the pups you mentioned, Skelton and KO should feature in FG after a good, full off-season.

Skelton should be a winger or centre, or even off the bench as a more talented version of what he tried with Knockonmor.

KO should have the whole off-season at lock along with Edwards, who has shown potential too.
Skelton would probably still need to break into the line-up tbh... Hopefully gets first crack at the wing spot next to Kiraz who seems to be holding down center considering CC has JAC teaching Kiraz atm. I like the utility idea but he would need to learn to like tackling... Considering we got 2 utilities coming that spot just got harder to lock down too.

KO is still way off... I'd give the kid a full year in reggies with Joash again... easy does it wiht those two. Salmon will probably be our lock.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a Gus lover but I don't want him sacked either. He has already made an impact on our juniors. For pathways he is the man.

FG is totally different. He hasn't really impressed me at all. He has found some diamonds in Preston and Skelton (maybe KO down the track) but he has had many fuck ups too like the assistant and Sutton.

I can't answer who has improved because I don't think any player has improved. A heap have regressed.

We are shit, have been shit for 7 years. I think Gus realises that now. He said himself he was confident at Penrith and the Dogs is the hardest task he has ever had.

We are still in the hole and nowhere near getting out. What can we do bro? We just have to cop it and pray for miracles.
If one had to quit tomorrow I know which I'd prefer.

TheVillain

Waterboy
Reaction score
Only reason why I say this is because the deadwood are going and we have some more signings to come November
Be realistic, look at the other sides in this comp.

To come 8th you’ve got to be better than more than half of them. I cannot see us being any better than the sides currently 1-12 next year, with the exception of perhaps Canberra (given Wighton gone and them being above where they should). Newcastle and Manly possibly, depending on a few variables, but unlikely. The sides in the upper bottom half this year will all improve next year, some dramatically (NQL and probably Roosters).

11th-12th is a good result for us next year, and is probably par.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With the players that we do have, we should certainly be capable of being competitive. No justification for these terrible results unless there is trouble in the camp.
The assistant hasn't got respect or fear that's needed.

100% there is a toxic environment at Belmore. Can't wait till the end of the season so the weak ***** get booted out.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thing no one is mentioning is that there’s no excuse to concede an average of 30 points a game and especially when we had everyone on the park… I would rather Gus address the real reason and be really raw and honest… are players tanking?
You mean admit CC is a dud? But but he is Gus's man. Came highly recommended by Gus, even though Penruff went all out to bring Cleary back and cut Gus loose when Gus sacked Hook to bring CC into the head roll at Penruff.
Maybe many of these rookie coaches are good at assisting but just don't make a great impression as a Head Coach. Fitzy had a good first year at Ronulla and having a poor 2nd year. O'Brien was all at sea with Knights for 3 years, finally getting them to buy in this year.
You can't keep churning the roster though. Doing hat undoes all the time and effort a Head Coach puts into the team. Making him start from scratch with 10 new players joining the squad each year will guarantee you wont build any comraderie.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
With the players that we do have, we should certainly be capable of being competitive. No justification for these terrible results unless there is trouble in the camp.
The assistant hasn't got respect or fear that's needed.

100% there is a toxic environment at Belmore. Can't wait till the end of the season so the weak ***** get booted out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Watch it if you can. It looks like he has realised it's a harder job than he thought it was.

Was expecting more bullshit cliches and shit but you can tell reality has hit him.
I don't want to. Gus will say whatever he needs to say publicly and then do something completely different behind closed doors. As I've said before on here 25/26 at the years he aiming at getting us competitive again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You would imagine If the Dolphins didnt enter the comp, good bet we would have had a good dig at a couple of older heads wouldn't you think?
I reckon at least Jesse Bromwich would of been a target

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't want to. Gus will say whatever he needs to say publicly and then do something completely different behind closed doors. As I've said before on here 25/26 at the years he aiming at getting us competitive again.
Well just watch it for his body language then.

And 25/26 being the years is spot on bro.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You would imagine If the Dolphins didnt enter the comp, good bet we would have had a good dig at a couple of older heads wouldn't you think?
Possibly however I don't think they fit Gus' current recruitment profile. SST is the only older head we've been linked too since Gus arrived with everyone else being a different profile.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's total ass covering bullshit. How can we of had such great success the last 7 years in the NRL Cup if we've had no development until Gould showed up. A blatant unadulterated lie saying we've had no development.
One of his many excuses he rolls out to try and deflect from his own mistakes (which continue to mount)

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"no development program at the Bulldogs until the last 12 months"

lol talk about shambles of a club, Gus and the staff have had to start the development from scratch.
U actually buy that crap? Come on mate ur better than that

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on his responses, I reckon Burton has until mid to end of next season at most to solidify his position at 6. Blatantly obvious Gus has thought about the possibility of him continuing to flop.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on his responses, I reckon Burton has until mid to end of next season at most to solidify his position at 6. Blatantly obvious Gus has thought about the possibility of him continuing to flop.
Who gives a fuck what Gus thinks anymore. Hes delivered dud after dud (players and coaching staff) and anyone half decent he’s paid way more then their worth.

Ciraldo needs to grow a pair and put some sort of his own stamp on this team. His job depends on it

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Be realistic, look at the other sides in this comp.

To come 8th you’ve got to be better than more than half of them. I cannot see us being any better than the sides currently 1-12 next year, with the exception of perhaps Canberra (given Wighton gone and them being above where they should). Newcastle and Manly possibly, depending on a few variables, but unlikely. The sides in the upper bottom half this year will all improve next year, some dramatically (NQL and probably Roosters).

11th-12th is a good result for us next year, and is probably par.
I believe we can

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton is more fullback than 5/8 and I said that when we signed him. If we HAD to play him in the spine he should've been developed there.