Gus on 100% Footy

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The scuttlebutt section was pretty interesting.

Gus didn't want any spotlight or mention (which isn't atypical for him) "How did the Bulldogs get a mention tonight? It's finals time?"

He then coyly confirmed Drew Hutchison and Kurt Mann were 99.9% signed (as they can't ever be 100% until the cooling period ends) and shut down the Alex Twal rumour (good kid, haven't met him, have no plans to meet him, haven't discussed signing him).

Then Weidler, Bracy, and Gal start musing about the Bulldogs becoming a team of all-rounders with these signings.

Gus poker-faces through it, while they laugh, and he deflects once more saying "How did the Bulldogs get on the agenda for tonight?"

Weidler, satisfied with the Hutchison/Mann/Twal information, says "three ticks, I'm done, I've got nothing else to say"

And it is here where Gus gloats "There's more than that, baby" with a look of victory/smugness.
View attachment 82303

So it could just be that Gus is happy the journos haven't been able to figure out all the signings. Or... for those who dare to dream... could be that we have a big fish Gus was worried about leaking/being guessed, that he tried to deflect from early, before celebrating in its maintained secrecy.

It's probably just the former... unless?
Has to be Luai - he’s the only bloke that wants 1M+ and we’re one of the few teams in Sydney that have the capacity for him… Raiders probably the only other team that have capacity and need but Luai won’t stray too far away from his mates

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Gus didn't want any spotlight or mention (which isn't atypical for him) "How did the Bulldogs get a mention tonight? It's finals time?"

He then coyly confirmed Drew Hutchison and Kurt Mann were 99.9% signed (as they can't ever be 100% until the cooling period ends) and shut down the Alex Twal rumour (good kid, haven't met him, have no plans to meet him, haven't discussed signing him).

Then Weidler, Bracy, and Gal start musing about the Bulldogs becoming a team of all-rounders with these signings.

Gus poker-faces through it, while they laugh, and he deflects once more saying "How did the Bulldogs get on the agenda for tonight?"

Weidler, satisfied with the Hutchison/Mann/Twal information, says "three ticks, I'm done, I've got nothing else to say"

And it is here where Gus gloats "There's more than that, baby" with a look of victory/smugness.
View attachment 82303

So it could just be that Gus is happy the journos haven't been able to figure out all the signings. Or... for those who dare to dream... could be that we have a big fish Gus was worried about leaking/being guessed, that he tried to deflect from early, before celebrating in its maintained secrecy.

Has to be Luai - he’s the only bloke that wants 1M+ and we’re one of the few teams in Sydney that have the capacity for him… Raiders probably the only other team that have capacity and need but Luai won’t stray too far away from his mates

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
True, but they have Wong to keep happy with other suitors chasing. I just don't see how it's possible ATM.
Don’t forget may. Both he and wong on minimum and gonna need big $

Gotta fit the knights winger and leinu in yet too. Didn’t lose jwh or tupou like meant too.

Collins would want a decent upgrade I’d imagine along with having teddy and smith and manu on mega $?

Nah nothing sus.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True, but they have Wong to keep happy with other suitors chasing. I just don't see how it's possible ATM.
Looks like they'll just have to release Allan from his $1.5 Mil per year deal - that should free up plenty of space for whichever new, bright, shiny thing comes on the market.
It will be tough for Corey, but club first 'n' all.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters have plenty of cap space left, about another 6 million. There is never a shortage of paperbags.
So everyone that ever signs with the roosters always mentioned the opportunities outside of the football, and meeting Bouris, Packer (when he was involved), Politis etc.

So you like you said they may be capped but there is endless money available outside of the cap :p

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will be interesting what happens there. They only resigned him last year. Will they try and retire him? Palm him off to rugby. They were able/forced to get him into the 17 by the end but he was looking pretty out of condition. That would make a retirement case pretty hard. Shame because like most he had a pretty good World Cup.

Weapon when healthy.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

View attachment 82303

“Are you going to have discussion with Twal”
“Not me”

Makes sense after CC met with him today. Pretty clear we are in talks with him.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact he has gone public saying there’s more that baby means we have more 100% locked in big couple of weeks coming everyone

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
More to come baby.
Would seem to imply signings are newsworthy. Sandrugu and Mclean probably not that big of a deal. Keon maybe...?Landing Twal would be front page of the DT, first 20 min of the news kind of stuff.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would seem to imply signings are newsworthy. Sandrugu and Mclean probably not that big of a deal. Keon maybe...?Landing Twal would be front page of the DT, first 20 min of the news kind of stuff.
hoping MO for 25

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sandrugu is going to French rugby