Gus on 100% Footy

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus knows for sure that maybe ciro isn’t right for the job, how can anyone explain the correlation between Webster who no one knew of before this year and ciro ? Say what you want about our team lacking finesse but how can anyone not be gob smacked at how stupid they play plus the constant mistakes and bad defence? Surely the drums are beating next year if we look the same? I don’t buy this whole it’s a rebuild and it’s gonna take time, him saying he doesn’t know how long it’ll take worries me bad

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reckon he signed cirro to make burton resign and sign crighton
Quite likely

I also think he very much is the type of man that wants yes men around him. Not having any push back from a hard nose strong willed coach is very convenient.

Sacking a dud assistant to replace with another assistant on an enormous contract when there were any number of potential candidates was an interesting choice.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus knows for sure that maybe ciro isn’t right for the job, how can anyone explain the correlation between Webster who no one knew of before this year and ciro ? Say what you want about our team lacking finesse but how can anyone not be gob smacked at how stupid they play plus the constant mistakes and bad defence? Surely the drums are beating next year if we look the same? I don’t buy this whole it’s a rebuild and it’s gonna take time, him saying he doesn’t know how long it’ll take worries me bad
They're beating hard.

This shit has happened countless times before. Coaches get flicked like never before and by round 8-10 next year if the results are the same he's absolute toast and his coaching career kaput

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I sure hope it turns out better than when DIB and the then board gave Des full control.
Get right Kelpie it was Greenturd :grinning:
Dib was a board member and likely supported the decision.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering what's happened with titans, dragons and tigers, how long do you think ciro will last?
If u fukin think changing the coach again u are delusional.....how many coaches have we gone through? At the end of the day the players aren’t up to the fast pace of nrl....just are not fit enough

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If u fukin think changing the coach again u are delusional.....how many coaches have we gone through? At the end of the day the players aren’t up to the fast pace of nrl....just are not fit enough
Correctly phrase this as “how many unproven coaches have we gone thru”. Thats the issue. We are repeating the same mistakes and unsuprisingly fucking our selves over repeatedly

You’d think an apparant great rugby league mind like Gus couldve identified that we desperately needed to appoint an experienced and proven head coach. But na hes fucked us and set us back a couple more yrs

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez not many tv executives on the kennel.

Gus is paid to give an opinion on these shows. He can’t just fuckin say no comment when it comes to us or other teams.

The issue is whether it does more harm than good with him being a paid commentator on channel 9. I would suggest that if our board told him to quit his role in the media he would tell us to eat a giant dick and try to get someone else in to fix our shit show.

He is the only GM of football with a side gig in the media. It’s so painful when people say he shouldn’t comment on other teams. The board knew this when they hired him.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Geez not many tv executives on the kennel.

Gus is paid to give an opinion on these shows. He can’t just fuckin say no comment when it comes to us or other teams.

The issue is whether it does more harm than good with him being a paid commentator on channel 9. I would suggest that if our board told him to quit his role in the media he would tell us to eat a giant dick and try to get someone else in to fix our shit show.

He is the only GM of football with a side gig in the media. It’s so painful when people say he shouldn’t comment on other teams. The board knew this when they hired him.
So true, he is paid to give opinion.

If anything, his choice of staying in the media puts more pressure on him if anything.