Gus on 100% Footy

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus looked deflated and wants the season finished. It will be interesting to see how the players respond over the next few weeks. Any fight left in the dog. I hope so.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus looked deflated and wants the season finished. It will be interesting to see how the players respond over the next few weeks. Any fight left in the dog. I hope so.
Gus works in mysterious ways…. There must be something behind his defeatist reaction - he’s known to cause action for a reaction, be interesting to see what that might be? Or it could be realism and he’s genuinely over it - try being a fan ffs!!

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Considering what's happened with titans, dragons and tigers, how long do you think ciro will last?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have listened to it a couple of times, and Gus was still talking shit and making excuses. He should be a politician

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton has to play centre, he’s top 3 centres in the world ffs…. It’s stupidity if he plays anywhere else. Defensively, he’ll be as valuable as what he can do with ball in hand.

Taaffe is a very handy ball playing fullback. We have Wilson or Papalii that can also cover off fullback (& Hayze if we’re that desperate).

Burton needs to find consistency in 2024, if he has another hit and miss year, we should try him at 1 or stick him at centre where he’s proven.

They need to find a permanent home for Skelton, I don’t care where.

With TPJ now going, we’re Super under strength in the middle, we need 2-3 decent middles to compete in 24…. From those off-contract, Jordan McLean, Poasa Faamausili and Eddie Blacker gives us something to work with.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if Mitch Pearce is coming to us for a year before he retires. Coming back to Aus and wants to play NRL but not linked to anyone yet.
He going back to the Roosters

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah lets bring Ray Dib back,.
The man responsible for taking us from a powerhouse to a bottem feeded club.

Doesn't matter who our coach is, there is no quick fix.
The sooner you all realise and accept this you may stop having meltdowns on the kennel.
Although watching you vent is pure comedy.
Wit all due respect u clearly have no idea of whats going on behind the scenes. A board room shake up is imminent. Khoury does not have the numbers anymore

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Crichton has to play centre, he’s top 3 centres in the world ffs…. It’s stupidity if he plays anywhere else. Defensively, he’ll be as valuable as what he can do with ball in hand.

Taaffe is a very handy ball playing fullback. We have Wilson or Papalii that can also cover off fullback (& Hayze if we’re that desperate).

Burton needs to find consistency in 2024, if he has another hit and miss year, we should try him at 1 or stick him at centre where he’s proven.

They need to find a permanent home for Skelton, I don’t care where.

With TPJ now going, we’re Super under strength in the middle, we need 2-3 decent middles to compete in 24…. From those off-contract, Jordan McLean, Poasa Faamausili and Eddie Blacker gives us something to work with.
why not play xerri and Skelton in the centres
Chrighton at fullback
Kiraz and fox
I’m the wings?

Reactions: CCC

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This forum is full of fruit loops. I remember at one point okunbor played couple of half decent games and everyone hear got convinced he was long term edge solution
I have always said he's rubbish and will continue to say he's rubbish until he's gonesky at seasons end!!!

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So many fans willing to give Gould and CC get out of jail free cards, it's all great to hear the management appraisals that keep getting regurgitated and be appeased over and over but fuck me I don't think there's any excuse under the sun for what's being dished up on field in recent matches.

The players, coaches and everyone else on glorious fat salaries have checked out for the year. The effort is fucking putrid and should he held to account and criticised accordingly.

Just cause Gus says it's ok everyone were supposed to be losing right now and for years to come it's all part of my grand plans doesn't make it acceptable to not be trying their best

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So many fans willing to give Gould and CC get out of jail free cards, it's all great to hear the management appraisals that keep getting regurgitated and be appeased over and over but fuck me I don't think there's any excuse under the sun for what's being dished up on field in recent matches.

The players, coaches and everyone else on glorious fat salaries have checked out for the year. The effort is fucking putrid and should he held to account and criticised accordingly.

Just cause Gus says it's ok everyone were supposed to be losing right now and for years to come it's all part of my grand plans doesn't make it acceptable to not be trying their best
That’s all valid Geoff but how would you change things quicker?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd say to Gould and the coaches to stop taking comfort in making constant excuses and then say we're not using that as an excuse and actually do better.

The world is broad and wide so to say there's no players to recruit is such garbage far out. The club has money to burn for next season they should be capable of thinking outside the box a little bit for the vast amounts of money they earn from the club.

Might sound outrageous but just tell the team on game day to go out and try your hardest. It's allot more fun to win than lose and they are capable of winning NRL games they've just forgotten how it feels.

Raiders are dead set ripe for the plucking this weekend. They are playing like absolute shit and have a disgruntled playing group.

I think they have a 50% chance to win this game if they do the basics and compete and a few of the senior players have strong games they can beat them.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only difference,
News Ltd'& Drunkenfield have been attempting to derail our rebuild, and have been foes of the club for almost two and a half decades, we should always be aware of this !
You only need to see some of the threads and comments on TK to know there are people hard at work trying to destabilise our club.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
why not play xerri and Skelton in the centres
Chrighton at fullback
Kiraz and fox
I’m the wings?
I’m good with that if it means Skelton comes in. But I think we underestimate how important centre is defensively.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If skelton isn’t playing these last few rounds there is 0 chance he starts next year

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m good with that if it means Skelton comes in. But I think we underestimate how important centre is defensively.
I don't think CC doesn't know defence is important... lol

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You only need to see some of the threads and comments on TK to know there are people hard at work trying to destabilise our club.
No true supporter Likes to lose and it is within our rights to voice our opinions in a constructive way, but people that constantly and negatively continue to criticize everyone at the club past and present without distinguishing between good and bad are dangerous people, they mean nothing but harm to our club !

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly hope Gus keeps quiet on us this week. I love that he’s so open about the club but I think just shutting up til next year is the better option. Turn the focus to next season because we’re getting nothing positive from this one