Gus on 100% Footy

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd say it'll be less than 8 years, I'd give it 4 to 5 years
Technically this is our 3rd year into a rebuild.

Des booted end of 2017
Cap fucked with no room to do anything 2018-2020.
2021 beginning of rebuild.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Covid. Hahahahahaha the FOREVER excuse for everything.
Maybe he'd be better off saying we have many players suffering long term effects from having to take the jab as mandated by the NRL.
Leave your alt-right dribble out of this Glen.
The Covid effect is two years of junior footy been denied from young players in 2020-21 who are now coming through the top grade with way less experience than they should have. Zero to do vaccines or NRL policies. Go back to Sky News champ.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We had some in Paul Vaughan, Meaney, Cogger, Reimus Smith and pushed them out.
Mostly no. Vaughan wanted to go to England. We offered Meaney a deal, he thought he had a better shot at a title in Melbourne. Reimis was to do with his father and Cogger maybe yes, because Baz wanted Flange.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So our salary cap was out of whack he claims… yet didn’t he spend $$$$ on flops like Sutton, Nu Brown, Reynolds, and that idiot from manly that left us mid season

I said it in a post the other day… we were crying out for Props/Forwards since Covid FFS when we had to ask Raiders for 2 players and that was over 2yrs ago… and here we are, in the same boat
SHIULD OF KEPT VAUGHAN

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we suck next year and Ciraldo gets sacked I genuinely don’t know what we do from there
Yep Flanagan gone now so no decent experienced or other standout options available.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want him at FB also, but I cringe at the thought of his effort talk and positional play out the back... Can see him now being 20+ m away from opposition wingers scoring in the corner.
We just watched 18 rounds of it with Hayze. What’s another season in this rebuild?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep Flanagan gone now so no decent experienced or other standout options available.
Yoooo Como u good?
Imma keep an eye on Trent ‘T’ Robinson yo. Think if the crow crow don’t start chirping he out on d street nek year and I think we finna pounce he ass. Maybe even finna some of dat fine ass rooster talent by his pocket yo

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
red flags everywhere.. club should fold
You’re a deadset clown Alzz.
Create 17 threads and polls on game day.
Say you’re leaving the forum and don’t.
Say you’re not watching next week (but will).
Create threads saying spoon is ‘unacceptable’ when we were always unlikely to get it.
Say the game will have no fans left in 5 years when memberships, crowd numbers and ratings continue to increase and now you keep repeating that the club you allegedly support should fold. There’s passion for your club and there’s word vomit. You fall into the latter category. You don’t need a long neck to be a goose. Pull your head in.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the reality of our GM Football saying we are way off the pace and so much to do to get us competitive and our roster is poor for several different reasons...can someone identify these players who aren't up to it and are incapable of playing decent footy from the best team we have put on the park yesterday.

We have:
Avo, Fox, Wilson, Burns, Kiraz, Burton, Sexton, Mahoney, King, TPJ, Kiks, Preston, Thommo.
Reserves:
Flanno, Waddell, Knight, Edwards.

Who are the players Gus must be talking about as not good enough?
There's Wilson, Burns and Sexton from the 17 and Flanno, Waddell, Edwards.

The rest are either Kangaroos, SOO, WC reps or guys who have been our best players previously such as Kiraz and King or Mahoney. Then there's TPJ but even he is quality if you can get the best out of him.

So the idea that that group of players can't play better or are not first graders is a furphy and they really all should be coachable and able to respond to best performance targets set by a coach.

Of the 17 players who played yesterday only Wilson, Burns, Sexton, Knight, Waddell, Edwards, Flanno fit into the category that Gus described we need to replace to become better but 2 of them he just bought so now its down to 5....Wilson, Burns, Waddell, Edwards, Flanno.

Realisticly it must be those 5 players Gus is sheeting home the blame for our performances IF HE IS NOT ALSO including the coaching staff for not getting better results out of the top players.

We can see therefore that it is not those 5 players fault that we have been very poor.

Apart from those 5 players, we have a decent enough roster. It's pretty clear that the coaching system is equally to blame for the poor results and its not facilitating the best performances from the players we do have for some reason....or many various other reasons and issues.

3 of those 5 players will probably not be with the club next year.
Interesting, yeah I think we only have 4 issues that won't be easy to resolve:
- An elite 7 if one becomes available (Sexton may prove to be somewhat okay but that depends on Burton stepping up)
- Our go forward (Mids)
- Our defence (lack of effective & consistent technique) to manage the ruck
- Our defence attitude (missed tackles)

Not sure where I sit on the coaching thing but there are no suitable alternatives and we're locked in now. Any other change is change for the sake of change.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Only reason I agree with you is because Gus chased Holbrook.

100% he would of told him the top job is his as early as round 10 next year.
Ya think so?
And face the board with a 3.5 year payout for Ciraldo?
Holbrook didn’t make the Tits fire with a much better squad. I think there’s more to it than meets the eye.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
With the reality of our GM Football saying we are way off the pace and so much to do to get us competitive and our roster is poor for several different reasons...can someone identify these players who aren't up to it and are incapable of playing decent footy from the best team we have put on the park yesterday.

We have:
Avo, Fox, Wilson, Burns, Kiraz, Burton, Sexton, Mahoney, King, TPJ, Kiks, Preston, Thommo.
Reserves:
Flanno, Waddell, Knight, Edwards.

Who are the players Gus must be talking about as not good enough?
There's Wilson, Burns and Sexton from the 17 and Flanno, Waddell, Edwards.

The rest are either Kangaroos, SOO, WC reps or guys who have been our best players previously such as Kiraz and King or Mahoney. Then there's TPJ but even he is quality if you can get the best out of him.

So the idea that that group of players can't play better or are not first graders is a furphy and they really all should be coachable and able to respond to best performance targets set by a coach.

Of the 17 players who played yesterday only Wilson, Burns, Sexton, Knight, Waddell, Edwards, Flanno fit into the category that Gus described we need to replace to become better but 2 of them he just bought so now its down to 5....Wilson, Burns, Waddell, Edwards, Flanno.

Realisticly it must be those 5 players Gus is sheeting home the blame for our performances IF HE IS NOT ALSO including the coaching staff for not getting better results out of the top players.

We can see therefore that it is not those 5 players fault that we have been very poor.

Apart from those 5 players, we have a decent enough roster. It's pretty clear that the coaching system is equally to blame for the poor results and its not facilitating the best performances from the players we do have for some reason....or many various other reasons and issues.

3 of those 5 players will probably not be with the club next year.
I know u like the drunk ramble and all dat but this time u are 100% on the money.
The only caveat I’ll say is we have d cash tied up in the wrong positions
We need a number 7, a fullback. That’s when we turn it round IF it isn’t the coach

but imma tell u something.
Lack of defence and effort in the middle is considered the first sign of a bad coach. Defence is effort and I have NEVER seen a team fold in the middle like this year.

even in Des and Dean says it was never lack of defence… they couldn’t score.
We have got the scorers now but we sacrificed defence for it.
Bring in Brad Parker and someone like Tolman

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just watched Gus on 100%.
I listened and considered everything he had to say.
Alot of the talk was around recruitment.

What has our decline in discipline, Burtons non existent improvement with the boot or anything else for that matter, declining defense over the season while our team returns to full strength got to do with recruitment?