Gus and his youth signings

Okunbors Cradle Snatchers

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus seems to be a keen on signing a bunch of these kids lately.

Reckon these kids really are our future? Seems to me we have some talented kids on the rise like kiraz, rajab, alamoti and a few yet to hit their stride and with all this youth signing we're gonna have a pretty young squad going into the future.

Keen to see how this all plays out.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Reckon these kids really are our future? Seems to me we have some talented kids on the rise like kiraz, rajab, alamoti and a few yet to hit their stride and with all this youth signing we're gonna have a pretty young squad going into the future.

giphy.gif

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Seriously Nasheed… just how many fuckin burner accounts did you create last year….?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt we've got some really talented guys coming through that could play a big part of our future.
Paul Alamoti
Jeral Skelton
Phillip Makatoa
Jayden Tanner
Kurtis Morrin
Jacob Preston
Franklin Pele
Zac Montgomery
Haze Perham
Jordan Samrani
Brandon Clarke
Khaled Rajab
Blake Wilson
Joash Papali'i
Cooper White
Dwayne Ludwick
William Afualo
Isaac Matalavea-Booth

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No doubt we've got some really talented guys coming through that could play a big part of our future.
Paul Alamoti
Jeral Skelton
Phillip Makatoa
Jayden Tanner
Kurtis Morrin
Jacob Preston
Franklin Pele
Zac Montgomery
Haze Perham
Jordan Samrani
Brandon Clarke
Khaled Rajab
Blake Wilson
Joash Papali'i
Cooper White
Dwayne Ludwick
William Afualo
Isaac Matalavea-Booth
Franklin Pele
1CB8FAF6-9986-4D8D-8899-452B4FC50C04.jpegF

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He's (Gus) obviously flooding the younger ranks with quantity and quality from what appears to be rising and promising kids. I guess that will turn all of our lower grades into successful teams that are bred to win even before reaching FG. I guess look how Penrith seem to just throw another young kid in at times without a hiccup. The quantity allows us to cover the clubs like the Rorters waiting in the future to pick the club apart and poach the players everyone else put's money into. Can't keep them all as they say so get as many as you can, hopefully that leaves us some for FG after the poaching raids.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the current Panthers side and you realise that sort of thing yields results.

The side grows together, has success together, and wants to play for each other.

Another thing to consider is there is no salary cap outside of Top 30, hence all the successful sides stack their teams with capable juniors, so when they do debut, they can hopefully get them at a good price "because they've been with the club most of their career".

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any one know what happened to that Compton fuatimau kid is he still at the club

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on Chris Patolo, do we still think he can become a really good player and part of our future or do we think he's a lost cause?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on Chris Patolo, do we still think he can become a really good player and part of our future or do we think he's a lost cause?
He had a bad initiation in his debut against manly last year when we got a flogging.
I felt he slowly built his confidence and game after that. This year however he just seemed to coast without any impact .
Hope he shows more next year or him and guys like Doorey will get the tap on the shoulder and a positive tweet from Gus saying they're fantastic kids and wish them well in their future endeavours.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a little creepy that OP is calling them "kids" considering his avatar.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He had a bad initiation in his debut against manly last year when we got a flogging.
I felt he slowly built his confidence and game after that. This year however he just seemed to coast without any impact .
Hope he shows more next year or him and guys like Doorey will get the tap on the shoulder and a positive tweet from Gus saying they're fantastic kids and wish them well in their future endeavours.
Here's hoping Ciraldo can unlock his potential