News Gus’ $5.6m splurge just put the squeeze on the Dogs and left four stars looking over their shoulders

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor Jobels has run out of space on her walls. Mighty need to paint over Flanno, Allen, and Cotric to accommodate Mahoney, Kikau etc. #Kissofdeath

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Poor Jobels has run out of space on her walls. Mighty need to paint over Flanno, Allen, and Cotric to accommodate Mahoney, Kikau etc. #Kissofdeath
I still can't believe how dumb that is, who the fuck does a mural for new signing ffs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whilst it would be very difficult to cope with, I can learn to live with Allan and Flanagan leaving.

Letting them go is a sacrifice our club has to make.

In all seriousness, the media didn't give much of a sh!t about us when were at the bottom - our roster has barely been reserve grade standard for several years. Now we have made some important signings we are suddenly under cap pressure and being described as "star studded" in one article I read. Even with several big signings we are still nowhere as "star studded" as the top 4 teams. That's just further proof of how sh!t our roster was in the first place before any of these signings.

The reason the media is crawling all over us now is because we are obviously on the way up and the media's just gotta bash a successful Dogs team - it's been that way for more years than I can even remember. It's really tiresome by now.

As a side comment interesting to see after winning the comp Panffers have lost some important players and it's a normal consequence if a team is legitimate re the salary cap. Funny how Rorters and Melbourne had multiple premierships and grant final appearances in successive years but no significant loss of players. They must both have a super duper accountant who I should get to do my tax return and get me a million dollar refund.
Gus knows every inch of the Roosters salary cap template :grinning:

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus knows every inch of the Roosters salary cap template :grinning:
Step One - Hire the salary cap auditor to juggle your books for you, he knows better than anyone how to play the system.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meanwhile over at the chooks Manu has re-signed even though he got an offer with a 50% increase in pay from Warriors, and the Cheese is playing golf with key chook people. Is Cheese going to switch from little plastic baggies to brown paper ones?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers have Crichton, Luai, Cleary, JFH and Kikau all on good money. I'm also probably missing a few.

1637895414211.png

I see this posted and every team has something similar, if not worse???

We're trying to move on Flanagan, Allan and probably Waddell (anyone on decent money outside our top 17). A couple will probably leave from our top 17 too but we aren't in a salary cap crisis or anything... 2 of our signings are also for 23...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why the fark are the Chooks immune from questioning, FMD they have 7 players taking up $5.25m

Crichton720
Keary850
Manu720
Radley500
Taukeiaho655
Tedesco1,100
JWH700

Plus there are only 2 spine players in their top 7 contract values. They are fair dinkum teflon coated, nothing ever farkin sticks to the Chooks.

Always a Bulldog

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm so sick of the speculation regarding the cap, no one knows what players are paid outside of the club period.

I trust Gus 100% to do what is best for us, he's proved his worth in the little time we have had him back.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fox league IG caption literally said we should borrow Roosters sombrero

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article reads very positive for the Bulldogs.
We just released Cotric and everybody already knows Allan & Flanagan are likely to be released.
So where is the news in this article?

Signing Vaughn and Dufty at low rates to revitalise their careers was a master stroke because we got them cheap, they have to play their arses off to get a new contract in ‘23.

It’s an amazing re-build, I’ve never seen anything like this at any club and it’s hugely exciting.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We just released Cotric and everybody already knows Allan & Flanagan are likely to be released.

Signing Vaughn and Dufty at low rates to revitalise their careers was a master stroke because we got them cheap, they have to play their arses off to get a new contract in ‘23.

It’s an amazing re-build, I’ve never seen anything like this at any club and it’s hugely exciting.
I don't think we've released Cotric yet?

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The closest i can think of would be 1984.

Off the top of my head we signed.

Peter Tunks

Peter Kelly

Mark Bugden

Brian Battese

Terry Lamb

Paul Dunn joined in 1986

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weird thing is, the only reason they’re saying we’ve got rid of Cotric is cos his manager was in Canberra. It’s a confusing situation

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just can’t handle any positive stuff from the bulldogs, as soon as we pounce an make good moves to be the doggs of war again all the shit talking dribble starts.. talk about agendas.!!! And Gus would not be stupid enough to come in an fuck the cap situation up. Fuck the media and the haters, Bring on 22!!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't think we've released Cotric yet?
I hope we don’t. At least for 22 !

Kikau and Mahoney won’t get a release surely!

The other side is cotric value will go
Up after a decent season. He was surrounded by trash last year. Kids a fucking
Gun.

Plus after 22 it’s only 1 year.

Fick paying a gun 23 year old to play elsewhere for two seasons.