Guess what happens when the Dogs hit a new low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
As fans, have we forgot our history? Every time we hit a new low, we lick our wounds behind closed doors and get determined for serious success because it is in our DNA to succeed and use epic failure to feed very angry Dogs!

Take heart in the resilience of the Club not to allow us to stay down for long. We have always had years where we struggled and finally built to compete again and claim a premiership.

So why is this disaster any different? I am so glad that the screw ups are so many that we have gone ballistic on the nonsense and the experts and media have jumped on the wagon of our views. I am relieved that this has created massive pressure on the Board and the coach especially! I am relieved useless recruitment heads have rolled already - what a debacle that has intensified the pain of our failure!

We are finally primed for the change we needed. In this extreme adversity will come a digging deep to confront what is really going on; A loss of heart in our players. A structure that is not allowing us to compete. Low confidence in our spine - the place where we need it most!

All this is being confronted ... finally.. albeit quietly - it's the Bulldogs way ;) And you can thank the passionate fans being disgusted and voicing their disgust. We are loyal to our team because we protest what is harming our success!

Des has been challenged at every level, not for losing but for how we lost our last 4 games at the stage of the season where we were supposed to be serious contenders. The players became so swept up in the hype of how great we always are during the finals, they forgot that they had to pull their fingers out and do the work to actually get the result.

So now, we have an offseason with a brutal and damning reality; we are crap - and it's simply unacceptable. This gives me great confidence because of our proud history. I believe that next year is going to be different and heads will roll if it's not. And for some strange reason, the serious threat of big heads rolling can be the motivator that makes all the difference.

Take heart my Bulldog comrades because when we hit new lows, you can expect, like day follows night, we will be poised to hit new highs!

Last edited:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Sorry but we haven't hit our lowest yet, not until des goes then we can start looking to excel.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So now, we have an offseason with a brutal and damning reality; we are crap - and it's simply unacceptable. This gives me great confidence because of our proud history. I believe that next year is going to be different and heads will roll if it's not. And for some strange reason, the serious threat of big heads rolling can be the motivator that makes all the difference.
Glad you are confident.

But all the while dear Rae Rae is at the top alongside the board.... and they make up stupid fucking Stategic Plans which when failed they change the goalposts and call them "aspirational goals" that the club isn't meant to 100% meet... then we will always be happy to settle for a mediocre performance.

We've recruited fuck all so far despite many DECENT players being available, and it's almost like the club and the coach has given up on the fans.

We deserve better but Castle and Co don't give a shit...

The sooner her and the board fuck off, the sooner the club can rebuild.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The difference is the team and coach don't think they did that badly, and no matter how many times we lose they say the same shit every time.

People are kidding themselves if they think Des is going to drastically change anything now. We're going to go into 2017 just like we have since 2013.

Even if we did manage to shake things up we haven't built a team capable of winning the Grand Final.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get off the drugs man
That was the dogs of old
Not the manly reject infested dogs of now

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah........ Nah.....

but I would love whatever drugs you were on when you wrote that....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Hey it's Pattenator here.

The difference this time is We have a female CEO who only has an interest in offering free memberships to refugees.

We need a true bulldog as CEO before we see any real change.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We aren't recruiting.....or even looking it would seem and that is concerning. Has these duds blown our Cap or committing suicide to ensure change for 2018? Either way we have been run into the dirt!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As fans, have we forgot our history? Every time we hit a new low, we lick our wounds behind closed doors and get determined for serious success because it is in our DNA to succeed and use epic failure to feed very angry Dogs!

Take heart in the resilience of the Club not to allow us to stay down for long. We have always had years where we struggled and finally built to compete again and claim a premiership.

So why is this disaster any different? I am so glad that the screw ups are so many that we have gone ballistic on the nonsense and the experts and media have jumped on the wagon of our views. I am relieved that this has created massive pressure on the Board and the coach especially! I am relieved useless recruitment heads have rolled already - what a debacle that has intensified the pain of our failure!

We are finally primed for the change we needed. In this extreme adversity will come a digging deep to confront what is really going on; A loss of heart in our players. A structure that is not allowing us to compete. Low confidence in our spine - the place where we need it most!

All this is being confronted ... finally.. albeit quietly - it's the Bulldogs way ;) And you can thank the passionate fans being disgusted and voicing their disgust. We are loyal to our team because we protest what is harming our success!

Des has been challenged at every level, not for losing but for how we lost our last 4 games at the stage of the season where we were supposed to be serious contenders. The players became so swept up in the hype of how great we always are during the finals, they forgot that they had to pull their fingers out and do the work to actually get the result.

Take heart my Bulldog comrades because when we hit new lows, you can expect, like day follows night, we will be poised to hit new highs!
I admire your outlook and hope you are right but just as things have changed from the 'good old days' I also fear the club has completely lost its direction.
Playing at Belmore has to stop, I loved it in its day and basically grew up playing on the hill at the back of the old scoreboard but that's gone and so has any relevance to this current team and as such there is no motivation other than from Klemmer who is a one off legend who grew up supporting the dogs and bleeds blue and white, the rest I doubt give a flying fat rats crack where they play anymore sadly.
Des has bothered me from day 1 and his language when talking about the club is pathetic, even when he talks about 'the team', it's his f'in team for gods sake yet he refers to the team as if he is an outsider making comment...he is obviously a well credentialed coach but I don't think he and Canterbury go together and never have unfortunately.
I wish our boys good luck for 2017 because I think we will need every bit of luck we can get.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have just been reading more of the book Dogs of war and in particular the bad times we have gone through in the past (during super league etc.) We came back but it was with the help of ex players who knew the meaning of being part of the bulldogs family, players who had given good years of service to the club and where the values club first, team second and individual third. We don't have that at the moment; we are nowhere near as tough on and off the field as we used to be.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone summarize the original post to about 1 sentence by the time I come back, so I can contribute to this thread with some kind of sarcastic comment.
Thanks in advance.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 premiership 21 years thats pretty low i should be high as a kite by now

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Someone summarize the original post to about 1 sentence by the time I come back, so I can contribute to this thread with some kind of sarcastic comment.
Thanks in advance.
Here goes:
Blame is equally apportioned to the coach, board and players and they are all on notice. In the past we did not tolerate fools so eventually we would always fight our way back to the top. At the moment the club is a shambles so this is why next year we will do better than expected or heads will roll.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Here goes:
Blame is equally apportioned to the coach, board and players and they are all on notice. In the past we did not tolerate fools so eventually we would always fight our way back to the top. At the moment the club is a shambles so this is why next year we will do better than expected or heads will roll.
I love the fact you bothered to actually shorten it, but what makes this even better is the fact that you read the whole original post!
#Memberoftheyear.

Status
Not open for further replies.