Growing Pains

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do expect improvement and a lot of it. I don’t see why we couldn’t repeat our 2009 efforts after the 2008 year we had. This is a bigger clean out and a couple more decent signings and I don’t see why we wouldn’t make the 8 at the minimum. We have been patient enough with abysmal performances and recruitment! Time to expect what the dogs brand is all about and that’s success.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a long time Dogs fan and have been there through the good and times and the rough times. It has been a rough few years and at times last year found myself getting so frustrated I would swear at the TV and often turn it off in disgust. My 7 year old son bleeds blue and white and was in tears several times... I get the excitement at the moment as I too am frothing over our future prospects. I am concerned however that this is maybe too much too soon and the amount of pressure put on this very young playing group will be immense. With our current roster for 2021 we have very little expectations. To be honest if we put on some decent performances.. even losses and finish higher than 15th I think that is a good result. Imagine if we get burton early Smith Jac.... limp into the finals and get bailed out straight away. Then in 2022 the expectations will be massive. If God forbid we under perform the fans and the board will be calling for heads to roll and we'll be back to square one.
Let's just calm down for a bit and hope we have a solid 2021 that we can build on.
what a great post, my sons were like that too. Lets hope 2021 is an improvement to give your son something to cheer about and I feel what you are saying about turning the TV off in frustration. Thanks for writing such a great post.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
In all honesty was your kid really in tears yo?
That’s the problem. No kid should be that worked up over a game of footy. Perhaps losing a grand final on the bell or something but not because roosters won 20-4 in round 3 etc

when the dogs lose I chuckle and come here and crack jokes with the boys and all kennelers seem to do the same.

it’s just a game. Every year it’s the same thing. No one has bragging rights forever so just treat it how it is. Fun popcorn entertainment,
Also consider a second team. I go for a few teams and it makes it easier
Racin Jason here.

Isn't there a Souffs forum you can go and fuck up Nashweed? Why do you need to come here?

Racin Jason.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
That’s the problem. No kid should be that worked up over a game of footy. Perhaps losing a grand final on the bell or something but not because roosters won 20-4 in round 3 etc

when the dogs lose I chuckle and come here and crack jokes with the boys and all kennelers seem to do the same.

it’s just a game. Every year it’s the same thing. No one has bragging rights forever so just treat it how it is. Fun popcorn entertainment,
Now, before I get in trouble with Mrs Beast Mode for picking fights... What is the dribble above Nashy???

As a few in here have pointed out including myself, occasionally you post something that is funny or half interesting. But for whatever reason you then camouflage it by surrounding those odd good ones with shit comments like the one above or like that stupid thread calling Barrett the greatest coach of all time.

I jokingly suggested that the mods should bring you back from the Sin Bin with a limited quota of posts or threads. What a shame they didn’t take that advice..

Put your one good tooth back in your gob and piss off to the inbred Soufs forum where you belong and let Bulldog “Fans” discuss their team.

Lots of luv
Bazildog

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a long time Dogs fan and have been there through the good and times and the rough times. It has been a rough few years and at times last year found myself getting so frustrated I would swear at the TV and often turn it off in disgust. My 7 year old son bleeds blue and white and was in tears several times... I get the excitement at the moment as I too am frothing over our future prospects. I am concerned however that this is maybe too much too soon and the amount of pressure put on this very young playing group will be immense. With our current roster for 2021 we have very little expectations. To be honest if we put on some decent performances.. even losses and finish higher than 15th I think that is a good result. Imagine if we get burton early Smith Jac.... limp into the finals and get bailed out straight away. Then in 2022 the expectations will be massive. If God forbid we under perform the fans and the board will be calling for heads to roll and we'll be back to square one.
Let's just calm down for a bit and hope we have a solid 2021 that we can build on.
Nice post mate welcome to TK

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, one of these threads... more bad oil .!! we all know how it ends.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good Baz - the troll has managed to get himself banned again. Normal TK programming resumes :-).
He didn’t last long this time around,
oh well has a few other clubs which take his fancy so no problem.

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why ban Nasheed and then bring him back.
Either you ban him perminantly or you let him post, those who like him will like him, those who hate will hate him.

Nasheed will only come back from the ban and continue being Nasheed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why ban Nasheed and then bring him back.
Either you ban him perminantly or you let him post, those who like him will like him, those who hate will hate him.

Nasheed will only come back from the ban and continue being Nasheed.
There’s a system in place where the bans increase after every offence. It wouldn’t be very fair if someone makes a legitimate mistake and they were permanently banned. I’m not saying this happened in the case of Nasheed either everyone has to be treated the same.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s a system in place where the bans increase after every offence. It wouldn’t be very fair if someone makes a legitimate mistake and they were permanently banned. I’m not saying this happened in the case of Nasheed either everyone has to be treated the same.
If we don’t ban him he’ll end up becoming a mod and then we’re all fucked LOLLLL

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Madone. Why the fuck did Nasheed get banned again ?? Is the cocksucker actually doin anything wrong ?? Or do The Commission just hate the guy ? He posts bullshit but it's funny and hardly worth banning. As capo of the Canterbury Bulldogs. I wanna sit down with the boss or The Commission!!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I think everyone's hopes are up. But there is no proof we will make a huge jump next year, yes we no doubt will be better, but I don't think the jump will be that large. 5-6 spots up the ladder is my guess, still no finals for us IMO. Barrett has a lot to prove after his failure as HC at Manly.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Your basing your emotional experience in recent years versus that of a 7yo.

I have no shame in saying that at a similar age, I too would get teary over a loss (especially back in the 80s when losses were rare), it’s just how kids react to supporting their team, of course these days, I treat it as a game and enjoy watching the code as an elite spectacle. Still get the sh!ts with a loss... wouldn’t be a passionate fan if I didn’t but understand our situation for what it is (mismanagement and coaching hit and misses). Life goes on...