News Greg Inglis to retire at the end of 2020.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
in today's papers...

Greg Inglis to call time on NRL career after 2020 season
  • Inglis to also step away from representative game in 2019
  • 32-year-old ‘to focus on job at hand’ at South Sydney

Guardian sport

Fri 18 Jan 2019 12.04 AEDTLast modified on Fri 18 Jan 2019 12.27 AEDT

Greg Inglis has announced his retirement plans as he looks to focus on his club career over the next two years. Photograph: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
South Sydney Rabbitohs captain Greg Inglis has announced his intention to retire from rugby league at the end of the 2020 season, with an end to his representative career to come in 12 months’ time.

“Rugby league has been my life,” Inglis said. “It’s what I’ve known. I feel like I have given everything I have to the game, and it’s given me everything that I have in my life.

“I’ve been fortunate to play with two fantastic clubs in the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Melbourne Storm. If it wasn’t for the Storm I would not have had the chance to fulfil my life’s dream.

“At the Rabbitohs, and as I’ve grown older, I’ve become a leader, a captain and a mentor to the current and next generation of young Rabbitohs to wear this proud Red and Green jersey.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to represent my country, my state, and my people and those are memories that I will cherish forever.”

Inglis said he had come to the decision on his own after thinking about it for the last two and a half months.

“For the next two years I’ll be giving everything I can to this great club,” he said. “2019 will be my last representative season therefore next year I’ll be solely concentrating on the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

“As this will come as a surprise to a lot of people, I think it’s time for me to hang the boots up at the end of my contract.”

More to follow.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
“bashing women has been my life,” Inglis said. “It’s what I’ve known. I feel like I have given everything to using women's faces as punching bags, and my nationality has given me everything that I have in my life.

Fixed.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yup, still can't believe he got a character reference from Brownturd to help him get off in court. Motherfucker piled shit on every one of our players and staff after Mad Monday, then kneels down and plants his tongue square up the arse of a woman bashing POS who was speeding while drunk.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure this is assuming he doesn't blow his knee out again (like every season it seems).

Overrated as fuck, should have retired years ago.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully he does his ACL & brings it forward.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
“At the Rabbitohs, and as I’ve grown older, I’ve become a leader, a captain and a mentor to the current and next generation of young Rabbitohs to wear this proud Red and Green jersey.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to represent my country, my state, and my people and those are memories that I will cherish forever.”
Having his own little wank fest. Don't go out in the wind Greg as the tickets will most certainly blow off.....Humbleness obviously not part of it.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
at least he aint pre mature retiring to go straight into the media ala beau ryan or steve turner

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In celebration of a fine career by Greg Inglis, everyone grab a drink and raise your glass...

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Russell Crowe is fed up paying judges off for all his indiscretions.... ala roosters

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looks the type to get fat as fuck when away from footy.

Can't stand the bloke tbh, but I'll never forget his unreal talent.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unbelievable talent but fucking retire already you fucking gronk. Born in nsw and his decision to play for qld is the reason they win a thousand origins in a row. Fucking wanker.

Reactions: DDR