Greg Inglis caught speeding and mid range drink driving

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Greg Inglis charged with drink driving and speeding after being named captain
October 02, 2018

ON the day Rabbitohs superstar Greg Inglis was given the highest honour in rugby league — being named captain of his country — he was caught allegedly drink driving while speeding.

Inglis was stopped in Lithgow about 2.15pm yesterday after police say he was speeding on the Great Western Hwy in a black Mercedes.

After allegedly returning a positive roadside breath test, Inglis was arrested and taken to Lithgow police station where police say he returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.085.

The 31-year-old was then charged with mid-range drink-driving and exceeding the speed limit by more than 10km/h. He was issued with a court attendance notice to face proceedings in Lithgow Local Court on November 22.

His licence was immediately suspended.
The drink-driving offence carries a maximum fine of $2200, nine months’ jail and a minimum licence suspension of six months.
The penalty for the speeding offence is three demerit points, doubled to six because of the long weekend, and a $275 fine.

Last year, Canberra forward Josh Papalii lost his spot in the Kangaroos side after he pleaded guilty in court to drink driving.

An NRL spokesman said no decision had been made on Inglis’ Kangaroos captaincy or his selection.

“The NRL would ascertain full details (today) and then make a determination on any sanction,” he said.

Inglis’ wife Sally said from the couple’s Coogee home at 9pm last night her husband had not returned from his weekend away.

“I haven’t spoken to Greg, the kids and I are still waiting for him to come home, he’s not answering his phone, he’s still at the game,” she said. “I’m a bit worried because I don’t know the ins and outs of what’s happened.”

He posted a selfie on Instagram in a car on Friday.

When the police officer who had been conducting a speed trap asked Inglis where he had been, the Rabbitohs skipper said he had spent the weekend in Dubbo for the Koori Knockout.
It’s the first time he has played in the flagship Aboriginal rugby league carnival since he was 15. His team were knocked out on Saturday.

Australian team coach Mal Meninga said before news of the drink driving charge broke that Inglis was ecstatic about being appointed the Aussie skipper. “He takes it very, very seriously,” Meninga said.
His arrest comes two weeks after some of his teammates were embroiled in a sexting scandal involving the Facebook Messenger account of England international Sam Burgess.

How is it he gets done at 2:15PM, and still isn't home at 9PM... That's over 6hrs, and it doesn't take THAT long to catch the train / uber / get a mate to drive back to Coogee. 2 hrs MAX.

So where is Greg???

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the nrl integrity unit is investigating

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
refuses to step down as Aussie captain.....Says he didn't let country down

I would love to know how high over the limit he would have been had he been caught hours earlier in Dubbo!? also lets not for get he wasn't just sneaking around the back streets he was driving at high speed (too high it appears) over hundreds of km's on a highway on a long weekend during the school holidays when the roads are very busy with families travelling, to me this is worse than having your cock seen in public (if only by a telecrap spy up a pole) Inglis's actions had a very real possibility of harming or killing someone or an entire family...……….but yeah...…….nothing to see here

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
refuses to step down as Aussie captain.....Says he didn't let country down

I would love to know how high over the limit he would have been had he been caught hours earlier in Dubbo!? also lets not for get he wasn't just sneaking around the back streets he was driving at high speed (too high it appears) over hundreds of km's on a highway on a long weekend during the school holidays when the roads are very busy with families travelling, to me this is worse than having your cock seen in public (if only by a telecrap spy up a pole) Inglis's actions were very real possibility of harming or killing someone or an entire family...……….but yeah...…….nothing to see here
He’s kidding himself .. does this bloke think before he speaks?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he thinks he hasn’t let anyone down then he’s a joke. It’s a reflection on how he sees the world and how the Rabbitohs are. He thinks it’s not that bad to get behind the wheel under the piss, he would of been high range when he started (unless he had a few roadies...). This guy has got his values all wrong. Bashed his mrs, drink drives. How can this bloke be a leader of men? He’s a dumb ****

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow this idiot lives on another planet. He has no understanding of how severely bad what he has done is, and has some insane sense of self entitlement saying things like "he didn't let Australia down" and how he "still deserves the captaincy".

If Mal and the NRL do not step this guy down, they are going to look equally as bad and if they do step him down, Greg will look twice as bad as he already did for not doing the honourable thing in the first place.

Total fucking idiot. Imagine he killed someone, and I wish he was pulled over earlier so we could have gotten his real reading. He was probably well over twice the legal limit when he set out.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s kidding himself .. does this bloke think before he speaks?
Well, he doesn't think before he drinks...

I would call him a delusional **** but he's not delusional. He knows he can get away with anything. This is Australia, any half decent footballer who doesn't play for Canterbury can get away with anything.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Says he had a few beers the night before and thought he was ok to drive the next day...….WTF how many fucking beers did he have lol? he didn't leave til midday didn't get caught til after 2pm and was still almost twice the legal limit FMD

Also states he has the full support of his club and expects to keep his club captaincy.....hopes its all over soon and we can all move on...……..I give up

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Mal and the NRL do not step this guy down, they are going to look equally as bad and if they do step him down, Greg will look twice as bad as he already did for not doing the honourable thing in the first place.
Spot on. This asshole pretty much threw Meninga under the bus. He's forcing him to make a decision.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Says he had a few beers the night before and thought he was ok to drive the next day...….WTF how many fucking beers did he have lol? he didn't leave til midday didn't get caught til after 2pm and was still almost twice the legal limit FMD

Also states he has the full support of his club and expects to keep his club captaincy.....hopes its all over soon and we can all move on...……..I give up
If that timeline is accurate he must have been drinking well into the morning, and been absolutely toasted when he went to bed. If you wake up 2x the legal limit, you don't feel "OK to drive".

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on. This asshole pretty much threw Meninga under the bus. He's forcing him to make a decision.
Or Mal has told him to ride it out as he won't be dropping him........

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Dont quote me I've always found the fitter I am and more muscle mass I have the quicker my body expends alcohol.

Are there any studies into this?

If yes then inglis must have been blind drunk as I'd expect a professional sportsman to be able to handle alcohol better than your average person due to the extra muscle mass

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If that timeline is accurate he must have been drinking well into the morning, and been absolutely toasted when he went to bed. If you wake up 2x the legal limit, you don't feel "OK to drive".
reckons he was back in his hotel room sometime between 11pm-1am lol

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
and lets not forget the timing! the day after the grand final and hours after the Australian team named and him as captain...………..the timing of our mad Monday was a massive thing according to Toddy

Reactions: K E

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Or Mal has told him to ride it out as he won't be dropping him........
He'll play for the kangaroos 100% but deadset if he's not fined a huge amount by the NRLol and dropped as kangaroos captain....

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he might be on the next episode of RBT lol

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They should test for drugs because this bloke is fukn on one for sure

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
and now we have quotes from Bellamy...…….

"I'd like to see them just forgive him and let him play and let him be the captain, but I know there are standards in our game that we've got to uphold as well, so that'll be a decision for someone a little bit higher up than me."