Greg Bird charged with violent attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Australian representative rugby league player Greg Bird is expected to appear in Sutherland Local Court today over an incident in which a woman was allegedly hit in the face with a glass, suffering a fractured eye socket and severe lascerations.

Police said last night the woman, 24, was allegedly hit during an argument at about 7.30am yesterday at a unit block on Boorima Place, where Bird's waterfront unit is located.

Bird has been charged with maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm.

He was refused bail and will face Sutherland Local Court today.

Yesterday Bird and his rugby league club, Cronulla admitted an incident had occurred at his unit, but denied he had been there at the time.

"Following initial enquires, the club understands that an argument between two guests at Greg Bird's Cronulla unit has resulted in an injury to a friend," the club said in a statement.

Bird denied any involvement when contacted yesterday afternoon. "Nah mate, nothing going on at all," he told the Herald. "I haven't been at home all day. Enjoy your Sunday..."

The 24-year-old woman remains in Prince of Wales hospital where she will undergo surgery today.

Bird has also been issued a court attendance notice for common assault relating to an alleged incident involving a woman at a nightclub on Cronulla Street in Cronulla on January 19 this year.

The charges follows two unsavoury incidents involving Bird during the course of this season. Last weekend, he was involved in an altercation with a former cagefighter who had just assaulted his former team mate Nick Youngquest.

The playmaker was also briefly placed under arrest outside a nightclub in Brisbane's West End following the NSW State of Origin team's loss to Queensland on June 11.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/greg-bird-charged-with-attack/2008/08/25/1219516278505.html

Who thinks bulldogs will probably buy him if cronulla sack him which i think they probably will.

Either way lol @ sharks.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
This is no laughing matter. How can he remain so calm? He has been charged FFS! SCUM!!!!!!!!!!

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is no laughing matter. How can he remain so calm? He has been charged FFS! SCUM!!!!!!!!!!
He says he wasnt even at home?

I doubt he would bother lying about something that would be easy enough to check.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dunno guys. All of this stuff always surrounding Greg Bird, it has to be more of a coincidence and at least one bit of some of it has to be true.

I mean, we had the "Cage Fighter" attacking him and Younquest "unprovoked" and this and all of the stuff in the past and there has to be a common theme here.

He can't just be this unlucky and continually get negative attention when he is completely innocent.

I'm not saying he is guilty in this instance but he certainly isn't a saint.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
Greg Bird wasnt involved with the incident, as far as I know so this charge comes as a surprise. I know the incident was at his house, But I didnt think Bird would have been involved...Either way it is LOL to the Sharks.

I know that he was invovled in the rumble at the nightclub with Nick Youngquest but apparently there was nothing to that, just a mate, protecting another mate...

Whats next the clubs with ban The Shire?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Greg Bird and Paul Gallen both grubby scumbags, TFFHHEEEWW!!!

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
If true, the Sharks should take a page out of the raiders book and tear up his contract. We dont players like that in our game!

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw him out on Sat night - he was with Nick Youngquest...

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg Bird wasnt involved with the incident, as far as I know so this charge comes as a surprise. I know the incident was at his house, But I didnt think Bird would have been involved...Either way it is LOL to the Sharks.

I know that he was invovled in the rumble at the nightclub with Nick Youngquest but apparently there was nothing to that, just a mate, protecting another mate...

Whats next the clubs with ban The Shire?
The Shire? He was in Double Bay...

Dan The Mus

Waterboy
Reaction score
If proven Greg Bird will be deregistered from the NRL. Another Sharks player (Tevita Latu) was showen the door for assulting a woman at a taxi rank in Cronulla.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
The Shire? He was in Double Bay...

I wasnt talking about the incident in question, when I made that comment I was talking about in general, there have been a few things in recent times happening in the Shire and I was making a genral comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.