Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That is correct about what RFM brings to the table and he would add even more value playing at lock

There is everything wrong with subbing your three forwards in the first stanza when they are being replaced by Tolman, Elliott and Eastwood. Melbourne have the luxury of Bromwich, Glasby and Kasiano.

Storm totally shut out Klemmer and contained Woods well, and that was the end of it.

Fualalo shouldnt be on the bench let alone in the starting 13. His fitness is no better than Kasianos and Eastwood
Don't agree with anything you said other than our weak bench players.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think in fairness to Bmoz his brother was right beside him and didn't offer much support.
I know what you mean though.
I had no problem with the Morris boys last night in defense.
Just the meters Storm were making through the middle is a real worry.
Fingers cross the teams defense improves a hell of a lot for next week.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's unbelievable the shit they get away with not only were they off side but the amount of forward passes thrown by smith out of dummy half was ridiculous.

They layed all over our players in the ruck and killed any momentum we had for majority of the game and to top it off they step forward off the mark when playing the ball putting our markers offside !

They continue to break these rules all game and simply get away with it !
Finucane was offside all night and not penalised once.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same i thought they went ok too

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was Solomona the freak... Its scary how strong they will be up the middle when Kas hits his straps.

I wouldn't mind seeing what happens when you send Fualalo back to the bench, Jacko to the middle and Elliot down the right edge.

Jacko just cant run lines and we need better defense in the middle. Elliot can run a line and outside Foran would be a revelation and Fualalo will add punch off the bench.

Worth a go?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early days but i was pretty happy with the effort and changes made post Hasbeen era.
Mbye looked dangerous every time as a few of us have thought for years now, Woods was ok, Foran was good and will get better.
The only person i struggle with is Elliot, i like him and think he may turn out to be a great club player but i dont think he is first grade material just yet.
I dont want to bag him because he is a shit load better than me (lol) but thats not saying much either...haha...i think he needs time in the lower grades to develop and become a reliable solid player. He strikes me as a bit ‘deer in the headlights’ at times.

Anyway overall im just glad we threw it around a bit and had a crack.
We will get better for sure.
Thats was the premiers we played in round 1 so now we know exactly what we need to do to win games.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing like Pay versus Bellamy first up, now we know where we are at.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foz . Mbye our new number 1. Woods solid
Rfm our best Now for the players that shouldn’t be there next week
Matt Frawley is not the answer at 6 has nothing in atack and average kicking game replace him with Lachlan Lewis looked great in the Penrith game
Tolman is gone has nothing replace him with Francis Tualau
Eastwood to old and slow give Ogden a shot

What do u think?
Willing to give frawley another chance. He was good after his initial two mistakes. Agree on tolman and Eastwood

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Early days but i was pretty happy with the effort and changes made post Hasbeen era.
Mbye looked dangerous every time as a few of us have thought for years now, Woods was ok, Foran was good and will get better.
The only person i struggle with is Elliot, i like him and think he may turn out to be a great club player but i dont think he is first grade material just yet.
I dont want to bag him because he is a shit load better than me (lol) but thats not saying much either...haha...i think he needs time in the lower grades to develop and become a reliable solid player. He strikes me as a bit ‘deer in the headlights’ at times.

Anyway overall im just glad we threw it around a bit and had a crack.
We will get better for sure.
Thats was the premiers we played in round 1 so now we know exactly what we need to do to win games.
I have no doubt that he we played either of the teams that were on before us we would've won by 20. In fact I didn't see any of the teams so far this weekend play as well as the
Storm did last night and we weren't that far from knocking them off. Our challenge is to not play any worse than that for the rest of the season and we will be in it up to our eyeballs. Given the poor bench performance we still have a lot of improvement in us.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Foz . Mbye our new number 1. Woods solid
Rfm our best Now for the players that shouldn’t be there next week
Matt Frawley is not the answer at 6 has nothing in atack and average kicking game replace him with Lachlan Lewis looked great in the Penrith game
Tolman is gone has nothing replace him with Francis Tualau
Eastwood to old and slow give Ogden a shot

What do u think?
I agree but, is the first game with Pay, against Melbourne, we need to give the boys some time

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deano
Are you taking all this in ffs.
"Win the kennel and you will win you freedom"

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I though Woods was good but shithouse hair option. Bench needs massive improvement. Frawley will improve next to Foran.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are the Police going to pull this cruel prank on me and the public again this year?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can we all watch the same game/team yet have totally different views lol

1. Frawley finished the game strong after a dismal/ beginning in fact has a try assist and try scored plus couple of repeat sets. I agree Lewis in waiting but I cannot see Pay disrupting the spine that has trained all summer together. You have to remember up until after trial v Panthers Pay didn’t rate Lewis as a half and JMK was not even in full time squad which means they would not have trained much in the halves with our spine

Brown and Cleeland would have though ...

RFM is killing it on edge why move him when he and Foz are going to have a field day together

The only immediate changes need to be the bench makeup

Damn man do you even fan? Lmao

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was some good and some bad things to the game.

Good.
Our kicking game was vastly improved.
We have an organizer.
The players seemed more confident to throw the ball around.
We now have someone at fullback that seems keen to get involved heavily in attack.

Bad.
Some of the defensive lapses to me highlight the fact that a few of the inexperienced forwards we've promoted could need plenty of work.
We're still being penalized unfairly (look at the penalty for taking out their kick chaser who clearly ran into our own players).
There are still handling issues with the team.
Our support play needs to improve a lot.

Overall I think we saw mainly positive signs, but a 22 point loss is still not the ideal way to start the season. If we have more than a few losses of this magnitude this season it could mean that we miss the finals if the middle of the table is congested.

Status
Not open for further replies.