Great start but!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazboof

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foz . Mbye our new number 1. Woods solid
Rfm our best Now for the players that shouldn’t be there next week
Matt Frawley is not the answer at 6 has nothing in atack and average kicking game replace him with Lachlan Lewis looked great in the Penrith game
Tolman is gone has nothing replace him with Francis Tualau
Eastwood to old and slow give Ogden a shot

What do u think?

bazboof

Waterboy
Reaction score
Matt Frawley is not the answer at 6 has nothing in atack and average kicking game replace him with Lachlan Lewis looked great in the Penrith game
Elliott average at best Give Toomaga a go

What do u think?

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everybody needs to settle down, Melbourne were very up tempo last night and are the benchmark we need to aspire to be , first game folks limited trial time which is a mistake but it’s rd 1 , this team and deans plan will take time to adjust, probably a lot of haslers shit still in the system especially Tolman

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Everybody needs to settle down, Melbourne were very up tempo last night and are the benchmark we need to aspire to be , first game folks limited trial time which is a mistake but it’s rd 1 , this team and deans plan will take time to adjust, probably a lot of haslers shit still in the system especially Tolman
First game yes.
But we got 36 points put on us.
Their try on Brett Morris wing, they marched 75 meters up the field easy and then scored that try easy.
If we defend like we did last night we get beaten by most teams in the competition.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not to sure, if you asked me before our ISP boys got destroyed I would have agreed with some changes. If Mariner is going to play the 80 then I see no purpose of having Elliot in the 17...
As for Frawley, I guess I'd be happy for King to take his spot, but would you put someone like Lewis there or Brown?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
After Frawleys 2 huge mistakes he settled into the game and managed a try, try assist and forced a drop out. He also challenged the defence a few times. The link up play between our 7,6 and 1 was also fairly good, they played across the park and were interchangeable in position like during the Morris try where Moses was at 6 and Frawley at 1.

There looks to be some understanding there and Frawley atleast did a few good things to show me there is something he can build on. No need to dump him now.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis in Frawley out
RFM to lock
To'omaga to backrow

Bench
Tualau
Marshall
Ogden
Eastwood or Tolman

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After Frawleys 2 huge mistakes he settled into the game and managed a try, try assist and forced a drop out. He also challenged the defence a few times. The link up play between our 7,6 and 1 was also fairly good, they played across the park and were interchangeable in position like during the Morris try where Moses was at 6 and Frawley at 1.

There looks to be some understanding there and Frawley atleast did a few good things to show me there is something he can build on. No need to dump him now.
I agree.

Also JMK while doing nothing wrong also did nothing to show he deserved to start. Lewis was poor in NSW Cup as was our whole team really. Frawley showed enough to be kept in FG for a while.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis in Frawley out
RFM to lock
To'omaga to backrow

Bench
Tualau
Marshall
Ogden
Eastwood or Tolman
Lol wut. RFM to lock? Seriously? He killed it on the edge and has thr potential to be one of the better attacking edge backrowers in the game. And To'omaga has been playing prop for well over a year now lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree.

Also JMK while doing nothing wrong also did nothing to show he deserved to start. Lewis was poor in NSW Cup as was our whole team really. Frawley showed enough to be kept in FG for a while.
Lewis was probably one of the best in a shit team. He defended better than any of the forwards lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing people didn't realise was the tempo Melb tried to set... So much their line speed was a metre too quick and were offside half the night.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott
Tolman
Eastwood
Frawley
They should be dropped .
Spot on until these players are gone and replaced by good young talent then we won't be a threat to the competition.We might do good but it won't be enough for us but I hope I'm wrong .

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol wut. RFM to lock? Seriously? He killed it on the edge and has thr potential to be one of the better attacking edge backrowers in the game. And To'omaga has been playing prop for well over a year now lol.
If you watched closely RFM has the making of a great lock. A shitload better than anyone we have.

To'omaga is powerful and is mobile to play i n the backrow.

Fualalo engine is as bad as Kasianos and the balance of our forward pack is way off. We cant be subbing both props and lock all in the first half.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you watched closely RFM has the making of a great lock. A shitload better than anyone we have.

To'omaga is powerful and is mobile to play i n the backrow.

Fualalo engine is as bad as Kasianos and the balance of our forward pack is way off. We cant be subbing both props and lock all in the first half.
Just lol @ all that. Fucking hell.

If you ACTUALLY watched closely you would realise how ridiculous it is to suggest RFM should move from the edge to the middle. He's clearly an edge runner. Runs with aggression, runs good lines, has an offload, fend and footwork. He's a edge forward every day of the week.

To'omaga is no where nesr as mobile as RFM these days and the club has decided to develop him at prop. He might have the versatility if required to play on an edge, but to start him there? No.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with subbing your 3 middle forwards in the first half, pretty much all teams do it unless you have a Mannering, Trbojevic type that's fit as and can consistently contribute for the full 40. Not many of those in the game.

Pay fucked up first and foremost with his shit bench selections and shit bench rotations. Both Tolman and Elliott are our 2 most ineffective runners and having them come on together is ridiculous while Eastwood is a fat fucking bludger that rarely ever puts in. Those 3 combined only had 4 runs over 8m all night.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just lol @ all that. Fucking hell.

If you ACTUALLY watched closely you would realise how ridiculous it is to suggest RFM should move from the edge to the middle. He's clearly an edge runner. Runs with aggression, runs good lines, has an offload, fend and footwork. He's a edge forward every day of the week.

To'omaga is no where nesr as mobile as RFM these days and the club has decided to develop him at prop. He might have the versatility if required to play on an edge, but to start him there? No.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with subbing your 3 middle forwards in the first half, pretty much all teams do it unless you have a Mannering, Trbojevic type that's fit as and can consistently contribute for the full 40. Not many of those in the game.

Pay fucked up first and foremost with his shit bench selections and shit bench rotations. Both Tolman and Elliott are our 2 most ineffective runners and having them come on together is ridiculous while Eastwood is a fat fucking bludger that rarely ever puts in. Those 3 combined only had 4 runs over 8m all night.
That is correct about what RFM brings to the table and he would add even more value playing at lock

There is everything wrong with subbing your three forwards in the first stanza when they are being replaced by Tolman, Elliott and Eastwood. Melbourne have the luxury of Bromwich, Glasby and Kasiano.

Storm totally shut out Klemmer and contained Woods well, and that was the end of it.

Fualalo shouldnt be on the bench let alone in the starting 13. His fitness is no better than Kasianos and Eastwood

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What do u think?
I totally agree with your comment and about giving Ogden a go, watching him in the trials I thought he played well and was wondering why he didn't at least start of the bench but seeing how Pay has resurrected our attack I cant see Pay putting up with players that aren't up to scratch, some of the tries the storm scored were way to easy our defense made their attack look good, I think the score flattered the storm and one game doesn't determine a season.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One thing people didn't realise was the tempo Melb tried to set... So much their line speed was a metre too quick and were offside half the night.
It's unbelievable the shit they get away with not only were they off side but the amount of forward passes thrown by smith out of dummy half was ridiculous.

They layed all over our players in the ruck and killed any momentum we had for majority of the game and to top it off they step forward off the mark when playing the ball putting our markers offside !

They continue to break these rules all game and simply get away with it !

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
First game yes.
But we got 36 points put on us.
Their try on Brett Morris wing, they marched 75 meters up the field easy and then scored that try easy.
If we defend like we did last night we get beaten by most teams in the competition.
I think in fairness to Bmoz his brother was right beside him and didn't offer much support.
I know what you mean though.

Status
Not open for further replies.