Grapples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I say let em go. If you're good enough you'll get your head outta the way. Kinda how union players position their bodies when they get tackled

Check out Polly taking Lioness for a ride. Those are the days man

Last edited by a moderator:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I say let em go. If you're good enough you'll get your head outta the way. Kinda how union players position their bodies when they get tackled

Check out Polly taking Lioness for a ride. Those are the days man
Lol. Kinda hard when its done Melbourne style, they tend to do it with 3 or 4 in the tackle not 1. And its kinda like saying head high tackles are ok coz the recipient should duck if hes good lol.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
rofl, So we should rely on players having matrix skills to dodge all head highs and grapples.... ROFL

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was long time ago cant tell who player is Dean Pay Rod Silva or Craig Polla Mounter have no idea he is hiding

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long should a player be allowed to stand in a tackle?

A tackle is effected the minute a player's forward progress is halted. If the referees stopped allowing attackers to stand and wrestle for however long it takes to get a ball away, they would end grapple tackles/ ball stripping, and wrestling players onto their backs.

Calling "tackled, play the ball" as soon as an attacker cannot make a forward step would eliminate all the rubbish we see in tackles.

tzy

Bulldog til i die
Reaction score

A tackle is effected the minute a player's forward progress is halted. If the referees stopped allowing attackers to stand and wrestle for however long it takes to get a ball away, they would end grapple tackles/ ball stripping, and wrestling players onto their backs.

Calling "tackled, play the ball" as soon as an attacker cannot make a forward step would eliminate all the rubbish we see in tackles.
Damn good point. I think grappling is a scurge on the the game, NRL is not WWE.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score

You're right. But banning such things as this is what's making our game go soft.

*tackles only SLIGHTLY above the horizontal
*any contact with the head, even if it's no more than a slap.

come on guys, it's a hard, tough and fast game. yes it's dangerous, but there are so many instances in each game where things can go wrong.

i don't know. if the bloke is trying to rip his head off, then fine, send him to the Sin Bin automatically. No straight penalties.

if there's a hand around the head simply because they're trying to make a tackle, seriously - get on with it

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this gone soft talk is rubbish

The wrestling is ruining the game and making it boring. I want to watch footy not wrestling

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
The slow down of the play the ball dead set ruins the game. Thats what i hate about wrestling..

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
Also this has nothing to do with being soft, If a player end up in a wheel chair after repeated warning to players to stop tackles because its dangerous...then doing nothing about it the NRL can be Sued...

Its nothing to do with being soft its to protect players.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then how would you police the amount of strength used on a players neck?
I dont think the NRL will go for it.

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
how many players have been dumped on their heads over the years..... far more dangerous than a grapple or a chicken wing imo.... they penalise the players, put them on report andgive them a few weeks on the sidelines.... does it stop players from spear tackling... nope..... it happens nearly every week... so that chance of them getting the grapple out of the game is zero

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Then how would you police the amount of strength used on a players neck?
I dont think the NRL will go for it.
i don't agree with many rules and regulations in RL e.g. shepherds

this is one of those areas where i think they should judge it by COMMON SENSE, not by a few lines in a book

The Beer Baron

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right. But banning such things as this is what's making our game go soft.

*tackles only SLIGHTLY above the horizontal
*any contact with the head, even if it's no more than a slap.

come on guys, it's a hard, tough and fast game. yes it's dangerous, but there are so many instances in each game where things can go wrong.

i don't know. if the bloke is trying to rip his head off, then fine, send him to the Sin Bin automatically. No straight penalties.

if there's a hand around the head simply because they're trying to make a tackle, seriously - get on with it
I agree in part, but there is no need for the player to be placed in a 'sleeper hold'. The defense is there to tackle the player, not trying to injure him. The grapple should of been sorted out when the problem arose. Something has to be done, perhaps 2 'on field' refs, 1 in the defense line (to keep them back the 10m) and 1 in the play the ball area.

Status
Not open for further replies.