Graham Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is hypothetical but I would love to have get Graham back into the club as either the CEO or some other role. I know there is tension between the Hughes family and I think they might have even handed back their life memberships but he and his family is the exact type of person we need to get our once great culture back.

Reactions: DT

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hell, even Jarrad Hickey has more bulldog heart than the current leadership lot. Hughes would be good

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb, George Peponis and the Hughes brothers ...anyone but Des, Raelene and our current board

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He ran for the board at the same time the current board got in. He missed out by a slim margin. He had ambitions of being the ceo at that time. He has his own agendas and interests for wanting to be ceo. Imo he isn't a good fit or the right person to steer us out of trouble at this point.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We might aswell wheel out all the pub crawlers who played a role in the administration of our club in the late 90s.

Yes we were a powerhouse back then, but we got caught cheating and now we're a run of the mill shit club in a downward spiral.

If those administrators had proper business nous we would never have been paying overs for the hughes boys and various other plodders overs we would never have been over the cap.

Our next board needs to be comprised of successful corporate executives who can make tough decisions and steer us in the right direction.

Our current board looks good on paper by bankstown standards. That's it.

I want us to be a powerhouse not powderpuff. Our goal should be to win back to back premierships within 5 years. No club has managed to do it in the modern era although Melbourne got very close a few times.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We might aswell wheel out all the pub crawlers who played a role in the administration of our club in the late 90s.

Yes we were a powerhouse back then, but we got caught cheating and now we're a run of the mill shit club in a downward spiral.

If those administrators had proper business nous we would never have been paying overs for the hughes boys and various other plodders overs we would never have been over the cap.

Our next board needs to be comprised of successful corporate executives who can make tough decisions and steer us in the right direction.

Our current board looks good on paper by bankstown standards. That's it.

I want us to be a powerhouse not powderpuff. Our goal should be to win back to back premierships within 5 years. No club has managed to do it in the modern era although Melbourne got very close a few times.
Raelene said we're going to win two by 2019!

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raelene looks like a freak off Schwarzenegger total recall back in the day.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer, Terry Lamb, George Peponis and the Hughes brothers ...anyone but Des, Raelene and our current board
That won't happen, as Mortimer went against the Hughes and sided with this current board.

He ran for the board at the same time the current board got in. He missed out by a slim margin. He had ambitions of being the ceo at that time. He has his own agendas and interests for wanting to be ceo. Imo he isn't a good fit or the right person to steer us out of trouble at this point.
You are correct, the Hughes family were the rivals to the current board. I remember right after they won the election, Mortimer came out and said something along the lines of (I'm glad the current board won and not the other mob)
I also remember him saying ( this board is going to do great things) unfortunately this hasn't happened in my opinion.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Club needs to keep looking forward, not back.

Its not the 80s anymore.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yes but it was the 80s that gave us recognition, made us feared and gave this club its backbone, lets not forget that. If we showed the heart that we did on the field back then we wouldnt be in this mess

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That won't happen, as Mortimer went against the Hughes and sided with this current board.

You are correct, the Hughes family were the rivals to the current board. I remember right after they won the election, Mortimer came out and said something along the lines of (I'm glad the current board won and not the other mob)
I also remember him sayin ( this board is going to do great things) unfortunately this hasn't happened in my opinion.
I agree there were high hopes for the board. They did some good things at the beginning but as time went on they've become politically correct and lost their way.

Each year I say i'm going go thru the process of being able to vote for the board and I don't. But this year i'm going to do it, even though it will take 3 years to be able to vote at least I will be able to eventually. And I hope others do the same.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree there were high hopes for the board. They did some good things at the beginning but as time went on they've become politically correct and lost their way.

Each year I say i'm going go thru the process of being able to vote for the board and I don't. But this year i'm going to do it, even though it will take 3 years to be able to vote at least I will be able to eventually. And I hope others do the same.
And everyone's laughed at me thinking political correctness is a good thing and that it won't effect everyday life and businesses lol. Fkn PC brigadiers have no fkn idea about life all they care about is likes on Facebook and looking popular.
We need someone with balls that sticks to facts rather than the hottest fads at the current time.

Status
Not open for further replies.