Graham apologises to team mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/graham-apologises-to-bulldogs-teammate/tabid/10874/newsid/82035/default.aspx

Canterbury firebrand James Graham felt the need to apologise to teammate Mitch Brown for giving him a vicious on-field spray in Saturday night's NRL semi-final win over Manly.

Graham was livid that Brown gave away possession with a foolish offload when the Bulldogs were up 16-0 in the first half, and let his winger know all about it.

In an unusual display of aggression towards a man wearing his same jersey, footage showed Graham getting within inches of Brown's face, spraying abuse and thrusting his finger towards his chest.

It wasn't quite Brett Mullins shoving Mark McLinden at the Canberra Raiders back in 2000, but the brain snap was there for all to see.

Not long after, Graham screamed expletives at halfback Trent Hodkinson for a misdirected-directed pass.

Graham joked he has had many regrets throughout his career for the way he speaks to teammates in the heat of battle.

"Emotions get the better of me sometimes," said Graham, suspended for 12 games following the 2012 grand final for biting.

"Mitch and me are really good friends and I apologised to him but he knows not to take me seriously.

"If he took it personally every single teammate I've had I'd be speaking to no one.

"I apologised to him straight away and I'll treat him to coffee this week but mind you I always treat him for coffee. He's tighter than cramps."

Graham's spray might not have looked inspirational on television, but that's exactly how Bulldogs teammates describe the big Englishman.

In all likelihood, the front rower will take over from the departing Michael Ennis as club captain next year.

"I'm always pretty vocal throughout the team and in the week and in the build-up," he said.

Love it! "He's tighter than cramps" bahahaha certainly captain material. I can see this fella still running up the gut straight into guys half his age and twice his size when he's 40years old if he could.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Brown should be apologising to King James.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Assassin beat me to it. Don't apologise mate, it's exactly what we want to see.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs made 4 errors all game. Brown made 3 of those. Well deserved spray. Now let's get on with it.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs made 4 errors all game. Brown made 3 of those. Well deserved spray. Now let's get on with it.
If no ones gonna tell him off how is he ever gonna improve?
Thanks Jammer for letting him know what we all were thinking - Im pretty sure it wasnt any personal just competitive spirit cause he expects better from him.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No apology needed at all!

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grammatical errors, mentioning the biting incident again and not mentioning that Pritchard is co-captain. Typical rubbish media.

The only thing good about it is what Jimmy said about Mitch haha.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The guy is all class and a complete role model for any young footballer

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All class, it wasn't wrong at the time, and is best left there and moved on from, say it and move on.... perfect (to be fair to Brown, the team as a whole overplayed things in that second 20, but Graham was not at all wrong with what he did)

My only hesitation in seeing Graham as the next captain here was his longevity........ never because he wasn't good enough, just because it was possible he might want to go back to England. Ideally you don't change the captain role too often, but, he has re-signed longer term now, and seems happy here. He is the clear choice for captain next year.

Graham into the captain role Ennis has now, and Pritchard as co-captain still.... two real inspirational leaders to the team, what more could you want. (Also would love seeing Graham in those press conferences with Des, two guys who say what they mean, and not much else...... good luck with that media, LOL)

Kiwidog77

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has to captain next year to much pride and passion to waste

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Thats what we want from our British Bulldog

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he becomes captain, we'd be the first team who needed a translator and subtitles in the post match interviews.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he is captain next year he needs to have everyone onside . I don't think singling someone out in public is a good tactic..

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Id hate to be the one that screws up his take away order from a fast food place.. imagine the spray you'd cop...

Status
Not open for further replies.