Gould says relax origin eligibility

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly would just love 1 game at seasons end and fuck off the 3 games... But with the money it brings in we all know that can't happen.

But my idea behind that method would be to use it as a true international selection trial for Australia. Then play more test I a new pacific nations / four nations comp.
It's just there to make money and that's it. It isn't what it used to be with so many of the games best players it being eligible anymore so they're messing with the eligibility rules to keep them playing. International League is where they should be investing, that would be better for rugby league.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gallen kept the tradition not his fault, blame the sookey people who don't like fights and the nrl PC principals.

NATE_91

Waterboy
Reaction score
Problem with NRL is its governed by by an Australian body that is completely bias to the Australian game. If you gave the same amount of $$ for other national games you could have a better spread of international teams and games. NRL needs a FIFA like government not overuled by white Aussies fatcat colonist. Each nation should have a representative on the board. International is the future.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Cronk and Kent, it takes away the meaning.
how so? You have that many Tongans and Samoans playing in the team now is the meaning gone?

what’s the meaning? You can’t have a heritage to be proud of?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
HEEEEEELLLL naw. should be australian seletion, then if you dont make the aus squad then you're eligible for other countries. simple.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
how so? You have that many Tongans and Samoans playing in the team now is the meaning gone?

what’s the meaning? You can’t have a heritage to be proud of?
Should be Australian. And wanting to play for Australia. Do you see Samoan and Tongan players playing for England or Lebanon.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Should be Australian. And wanting to play for Australia. Do you see Samoan and Tongan players playing for England or Lebanon.
that’s different
they are eligible for origin
Like born and raised here that’s fine. I wouldn’t be happy for a Samoan who grew up in New Zealand or Samoa playing origin.

You need to understand times have changed and many people who grew up in Australia now have backgrounds they are very proud of, it’s what makes them and they identify themselves as a Tongan Aussie for example…

this does not make them any less proud of being a blue or a maroon…

Last edited:

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that’s different
Like born and raised here that’s fine. I wouldn’t be happy for a Samoan who grew up in New Zealand or Samoa playing origin.

You need to understand times have changed and many people who grew up in Australia now have backgrounds they are very proud of, it’s what makes them and they identify themselves as a Tongan Aussie for example…

I see it as extra privileges. Which not everyone gets. So an aussie European or middle eastern that wants to play for Australia misses out playing origin. So they csn have their fingers in 2 pies whatever works out best for them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the end it's all about greed in my opinion. Certain players always endure they're making themselves available for the rep team they'll most likely be chosen for. Australian squad is more difficult to get into.

I don't think they should relax the rules at all.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see it as extra privileges. Which not everyone gets. So an aussie European or middle eastern that wants to play for Australia misses out playing origin. So they csn have their fingers in 2 pies whatever works out best for them.
Well no not really he is giving up the Australian jersey so it’s not extra privileges.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Be Careful what you wish for. So the number is at 50% Pacific Islanders playing, when that hits 80% to 90%, thats when NRL will die, nobody will watch it.
Foxtel subscriptions will disappear. They have given up on Union and are flooding league.
Most actually play both, holding either sides to ransom. Panthers juniors full of that.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well it proved I was right, the thorn in our nsw loss.
Luai and Bizza piss off and play for Samoa only.
Talakai, Critta and Topoo bugger off also.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be Careful what you wish for. So the number is at 50% Pacific Islanders playing, when that hits 80% to 90%, thats when NRL will die, nobody will watch it.
Foxtel subscriptions will disappear. They have given up on Union and are flooding league.
Most actually play both, holding either sides to ransom. Panthers juniors full of that.
Why will it die? You sound like a redneck American who thought the NFL and NBA would die when it became majority black

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well it proved I was right, the thorn in our nsw loss.
Luai and Bizza piss off and play for Samoa only.
Talakai, Critta and Topoo bugger off also.
What about the Pasifika players in QLD? Just say your a fkn racist clown

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to say it but buzz was right .
qld play for the qld jumper NSW play to play origin .

NSW lost because the players rather play for another country .

state of origin is not about best of the best it’s about qld and NSW hatred .

how many of you gave a flyingfuck about the all stars game . No one , and that’s whatit will become relaxing criteria if anything should be tighter

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that’s different

times have not changed . People have always been proud of their backgrounds and insult to suggest this is a new phenomenon. Many of us on the kennel have different backgrounds and proud of it and some of us older folk used to cop it deluxe when country was more Anglo.

you either proud NSW /Australian or you play for another country otherwise just make international and rep games like a club games and they can get signed up on contracts be mercenaries and not Matter their background