Gould responds to Josh Reynolds reunion 'rumour'

Shootermc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Grub could teach our young guys to get every inch of talent out of there bodies through guts and determination. He is one player whom did this he didn’t have the talent to match the pretty boys but sure made up for it with determination.And Loves this club

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Would u have him as an onfield trainer running the drinks and messages?
I wouldn't. Would be a distraction. Time this club got more professional with what it takes to be No.1 again.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gus was on 100% Footy tonight and mentioned Josh will train with the squad in the off season and then coach will then decide if he’s good enough to sign but Phil is eager to keep in the club but unsure if he will be good enough but said it’s up to the coach
When did he say that? It's just started

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When did he say that? It's just started
“Josh Reynolds sent me a text message some months ago that he was going to retire from the game in England and that he was coming back to Sydney and that he’d like to do something with the Bulldogs club,” Gould explained.

“I met him and his manager on the weekend and he raised the issue that he might train through the off-season and see whether or not he was ready to play.

“He’d like to do something with the young blokes and provide a bit of leadership around the club and having a respected old Bulldog around the club might be handy for us.

“At this stage there’s no problem with giving him an off-season of training, seeing how he feels and leaving it up to him.

“I said I would speak to the head coach and have him speak with Josh.”

Reynolds was a fan favourite during his time in blue and white, playing in the 2012 and 2014 grand finals among his 138 games for the Bulldogs before moving to the Wests Tigers.

Gould indicated that an off-field role with the club - potentially in commercial and junior development areas - is also being explored for Reynolds.
As a born and bred local junior and wholehearted player, his exit to the Tigers in 2017 was viewed as a key juncture in Canterbury’s downhill slide. Reynolds told the Herald earlier this year that he has always carried the club with him.

“I miss it. I miss being the Prince of Belmore,” Reynolds said in March.
“It’s f---ing silly even calling me that, but that’s how I felt. I loved it. I have been chasing that feeling ever since. It was the best time of my life.
“What the club and the fans and the area have done for my life – I’ll never be able to repay them. I’ll always be a Bulldog.”

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds, say it with me!

If this isn't a positive story of us in the media I don't know what is.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you were to pick one for 2 years, who would it be, Hunt or Reynolds???

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You guys are taking this way too serious lol, he hasn’t been offered a deal. He just will train with us, bring the energy around the place. Teach some players passion for the jersey and such and such. Coach hasn’t approved so its only Gus’s kinda idea, it doesn’t seem like he cares about it too much.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is ex Dogs players MORE deserving than this flog, giving himself a job after playing 138 games behind the worlds biggest pack and winning jack shit.
And all these fans swallowing his load like he is some kind of messiah
Why aren’t they putting their hand up

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is ex Dogs players MORE deserving than this flog, giving himself a job after playing 138 games behind the worlds biggest pack and winning jack shit.
And all these fans swallowing his load like he is some kind of messiah
Yet you were at the games cheering him on, probably joined in on the Reynolds chant a Belmore you snake!