News Gould’s Barrett Deadline

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will flog Manly this week
Blacktown workers would give us a good run and that’s not being sarcastic… Manly will beat us by 20+….. if Turbo plays, it’s more like 40+

Last edited:

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont see Barrett getting sacked by round 8 unless we lose every game. What I can see is that they will make a decision to start looking for a replacement. And then at some point later in the season it will get announced and we end up with something similar to Pays last season.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get to that. I just can't sit through another year of this shit. Plus who would you replace him with?
Shane Flanagan?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what Barrett has improved in his 1st year?
From what I can gather defence is the worst in history almost,attack from the panthers assistant position we were like wow ,more like passing in the wind.
OMG don’t get me started on all his signings every single one is a dud.
And the Elliott resigning to finish.
No one has improved at all,feels like an avalanche of shit.
Too much bad stuff this year.
I’ll only forgive Barrett if we make top four in 2022

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think cotric should be kept he will shine with good players around him yes we payed overs for him but he got the ball the rollin if he didnt sign we could be still sitting here with no.1 like the tigers lol

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what Barrett has improved in his 1st year?
From what I can gather defence is the worst in history almost,attack from the panthers assistant position we were like wow ,more like passing in the wind.
OMG don’t get me started on all his signings every single one is a dud.
And the Elliott resigning to finish.
No one has improved at all,feels like an avalanche of shit.
Too much bad stuff this year.
I’ll only forgive Barrett if we make top four in 2022
It's all good, we're rebuilding.......Rome wasn't built in day. :grinning:

Malla

Reaction score
I think cotric should be kept he will shine with good players around him yes we payed overs for him but he got the ball the rollin if he didnt sign we could be still sitting here with no.1 like the tigers lol
I personally don’t think he will ever get to a point where his form suffices what he is getting paid because of what we have recruited around him. It’s inevitable he gets moved on imo

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett's signings/retentions for 2021 are borderline criminal and has created another salary cap mess it seems.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett's signings/retentions for 2021 are borderline criminal and has created another salary cap mess it seems.
How many good coaches are out there ?

I am watching the knights tonight with Ponga, Pearce, Best , Brailey , etc

They were flat out beating our shit team last week and tonight they were putrid in attack.

Adam O’Brien didn’t recruit Ponga or Pearce.

I am no Baz lover but anyone who thinks a coach other than Bellamy or Robinson would make a significant difference to our team this year is clueless.

And that includes Bennett. Won 6 comps with an international team. Has 1 comp in 16 years since.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How many good coaches are out there ?

I am watching the knights tonight with Ponga, Pearce, Best , Brailey , etc

They were flat out beating our shit team last week and tonight they were putrid in attack.

Adam O’Brien didn’t recruit Ponga or Pearce.

I am no Baz lover but anyone who thinks a coach other than Bellamy or Robinson would make a significant difference to our team this year is clueless.

And that includes Bennett. Won 6 comps with an international team. Has 1 comp in 16 years since.
The best coaches can roster manage & coach. So I'd say Bellamy & Robinson are the two best.

Then below that coaches who if given the roster can challenge for a premiership. Cleary, Hasler, Bennett.