News Gould’s Barrett Deadline

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please be true 8 weeks more than enough with who we have signed.
One thing if he is sacked he’ll never coach nrl again.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say like we’ve all been saying this year - the Bulldogs and with Gus on board, Barrett needs to prove he can coach. So far I can’t see any influence on our team with him finding ways to improve. Gus is there to do a job. He isn’t the sort to make up the numbers, if he finds that Barrett can’t work with the improved team list next year. They will be given no choice - he will need to go. It’s business at the end of the day, and Bulldogs can’t stay in the same zone. The story is we all know it, but some people think he can coach and some think he can’t. I think it will be up to Gus to make the final choice. I think he’s days are numbered. But like we all know on this site and in life, that’s just my opinion.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but what is your measure of success? 4 wins out of 8 games?
Measure our success by what kind of team we look like,create opportunities for our speed men and play to the speed in our team no more 5 set hit ups no more flano inside ball lay ups,play wide to space and create and play with flair,anything else might as well pack it in for 2022

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there should be a deadline and two months into next season is fine IMO... Barrett has not done a satisfactory job... not even close... everyone at the club has regressed under him... the attack has not improved... the defence has imploded... the attitudes of the players is terrible... discipline on and off the field is crap... the players seemingly are getting dumber (and they were not starting from any great intellectual heights)... the recruits for this season are a miss entirely... the physical conditioning is off etc... no positives whatsoever from this season

it is painful watching them... I know plenty of hardcore, decades long fans of the 'Dogs that have stopped watching them... for myself, I have a whiskey bottle handy

the only glimmer of hope is that the club has recruited well for next year

my only issue is that any such deadline should be internal... no outside, media talk about it

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus has his own deadline.