Goodwin and Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't see why you guys think Jamal wouldn't handle the wing?

Again, it would be better if he was in the centres, but he has played wing, plays half of every game on the wing now and is a good winger.
Playing wing on 5th tackle when we are in our own 20 isnt half of every game lol, He would be wasted on the wing we wouldnt see his breaks etc if he was just standing on the wing for the whole game and just taking scoots to help the boys come out of our own end would be a waste in attacking from 20 out 2, Hazem has done nothing wrong and kicked 5/5 from all over the place, Thats 10 points, The score would have been alot closer and the game could have been alot closer.

calcalbull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can't have Idris at wing, that is silly, his game is not a wingers game.
He's the type who needs to be closer to the action and make things happen, not falling over the line for tries. He already defends the highball from centre, I couldn't see any merit in putting him at wing.
Well Idris could have a role similar to Tuiaki from the Tigers. Damn, i could see Idris playing as a second rower in the future

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well Idris could have a role similar to Tuiaki from the Tigers. Damn, i could see Idris playing as a second rower in the future
Idris does alot more then tuaki right now, Why cut his workload down and change it?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Playing wing on 5th tackle when we are in our own 20 isnt half of every game lol, He would be wasted on the wing we wouldnt see his breaks etc if he was just standing on the wing for the whole game and just taking scoots to help the boys come out of our own end would be a waste in attacking from 20 out 2, Hazem has done nothing wrong and kicked 5/5 from all over the place, Thats 10 points, The score would have been alot closer and the game could have been alot closer.
I know what you're saying but there are four outside back spots and five players with Morris back. Something has to give and it is a conundrum. I don't see how you can drop Millard if he keeps this up. Morris has to come back in. Goodwin cannot get dropped and that leaves Idris or El Masri. As well as Haz is doing Jamal offers alot more.

Anyway, there are quite a few weeks until Josh is back so there might be an injury to someone else or a drop in form from someone and this whole discussion might be moot. We are probably all getting a little ahead of ourselves. The coaching staff will deal with it when it comes to it.

calcalbull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Havent someone brought up the idea of Idris playing in the forwards before?
What about second row? I think that could be a possibility in the future.
I think Idris in the centres is where he's most destructive atm. Man, i srsly cant decide who to cut. Keep in mind we had 3 kicks from out wide against melbourne. The score couldve been much closer. Who knows what couldve happened

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know what you're saying but there are four outside back spots and five players with Morris back. Something has to give and it is a conundrum. I don't see how you can drop Millard if he keeps this up. Morris has to come back in. Goodwin cannot get dropped and that leaves Idris or El Masri. As well as Haz is doing Jamal offers alot more.

Anyway, there are quite a few weeks until Josh is back so there might be an injury to someone else or a drop in form from someone and this whole discussion might be moot. We are probably all getting a little ahead of ourselves. The coaching staff will deal with it when it comes to it.
Someone on here was saying that morris will be ready for the knights game lol.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morris may have to earn his way back in with good form for NSW Cup team

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Havent someone brought up the idea of Idris playing in the forwards before?
What about second row? I think that could be a possibility in the future.
I think Idris in the centres is where he's most destructive atm. Man, i srsly cant decide who to cut. Keep in mind we had 3 kicks from out wide against melbourne. The score couldve been much closer. Who knows what couldve happened
He could play in the forwards in mabe 2-3 years time, Could be a sbw like player his still young hes only going to get bigger as he keeps hiting the weights.

calcalbull

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who is going to kick goals for us if Haz is dropped...
I hope someone in the team is having goalkicking lessons with Haz after training.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
Ennis is a fail goal kicker, I don't know about goodwin though.
Anyway, I highly doubt El Masri will be dropped this season, his form doesn't warrant it and even if others might be playing better (although that is subjective and I don't necessarily think as much) he will probably hold his spot be it for political correctness, goal kicking, role model, loyalty w/e. I can't see hazem getting dropped and tbh, I don't think he deserves to be dropped in his final year, he deserves to go out on his own terms.

However, a lot can change in 2-3 games and the same people getting praised now might have sack threads after a bad performance or two lol.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Millard was great. definitly agree his best game at the dogs! He has either played himself a contract with another team, or maybe even with us as we dont look to be getting b.morris

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Millard will be dropped. 100%

1. Patten
2. Haz
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Goodwin

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Millard really improved on Saturday. He has even gained speed and ran forward, something we didn't think was possible. But well done to him. He has stepped up and is building a great combination with Goodwin. Now he just needs to keep playing consistently, which I think will be his challenge.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Millard & Goddwin definitely have a great combo going, and are looking in ominous form atm, likewise Hazem & Idris have proved to be a formidible combo and with Patten doing such a fine job @ Fullback, we are quite blessed with some good players and good form atm. Keep up the great work boys and , well done so far..

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thing is Millard had one great game against a great side...

There are still a few rounds to go against tough opposition before Morris is due back...Either Idris or Millard could flop in that time and both of them playing well is an added bonus as both will be spurred to keep their spot in FG.

Idris gets involved far more recently...he ran across the field to help set up Millard's linebreak which ended being what should've been a penalty try...Millard outran Chambers, who isn't exactly fast, i'd like to see how he goes against Newcastle, and same with Idris. But so far if i was to drop either one of the two it'd be Millard, given Idris's recent form has been great

And dropping Hazem? Tbh i would've done it earlier in the season, but atm it seems like we still need at the very least his goal kicking skills...plus Millard can be somewhat of a liability in defense..he let in that soft Chamber's try...

If i was to pick between Millard and Hazem it'd be pretty tough...Millard is probably faster and better with the ball, but Hazem has far more experience and is the best goal kicker in the game

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
It's going to be tough for Tadpole to drop Millard or Idris. Both contributed a lot to the win.

I criticised Millard last week for being hopeless on the left hand side but he turned it around in just 1 week. He used to play there for the Dragons but has played mostly on the right for us with Hazem. His combination with Goodwin was a million times better on saturday and that flick pass was sublime.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
goodwin has been a great player for the bulldogs this season, now he and millard are starting to gell and put things together.

idris and el masri have also done the same.

things are looking good for the bulldogs in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.