Good Interview with Turvey - Some good old Dogs footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My father in law was a souffs supporter (he doesn't watch footy anymore. Do you blame him?) and he will fight you to the death that Mortimer is the best player ever he has ever seen.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh what a time growing up as a kid watching turvey play.brings back the memories of playing backyard footy with another 4 bulldogs supporters , but half the time it was arguing and punch ups over who wanted to be turvey .
Thank fukk baa came along lol and thank fukk I grew up in the 80s

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Turvey a club legend. Guy could certainly put on a try.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh what a time growing up as a kid watching turvey play.brings back the memories of playing backyard footy with another 4 bulldogs supporters , but half the time it was arguing and punch ups over who wanted to be turvey .
Thank fukk baa came along lol and thank fukk I grew up in the 80s
This,

Back in early 80s me and some other local boys use to play footy in my front yard and all wanted to be Mortimer,
Lol, even though I was only small, I wanted to be jeff Robinson, and use to charge into the other boys haha, those were the days,

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This,

Back in early 80s me and some other local boys use to play footy in my front yard and all wanted to be Mortimer,
Lol, even though I was only small, I wanted to be jeff Robinson, and use to charge into the other boys haha, those were the days,
Robbo was an animal. Never took a backward step and I vividly remember the game against Parramatta when he smashed his body into the Parramatta forwards time after time with no fear, lol. I think that and his long black hair made him a real cult figure. Those were the days.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watching that vision, seeing Bullfrog sitting in his wheel chair and Turvey setting sail for the try line, celebrating an Origin series win gave me goose bumps. Thank you for posting the article and the accompanying video, makes me remember whyI loved the game so much and why I love the Bulldogs.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Robbo was an animal. Never took a backward step and I vividly remember the game against Parramatta when he smashed his body into the Parramatta forwards time after time with no fear, lol. I think that and his long black hair made him a real cult figure. Those were the days.....
When I was a little kid I thought sterling who had longish hair at the time was a try hard robbo haha

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
A guy that bleeds blue and white ... An absolute legend

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
A great legend ,interesting what he said about mbye I guess he can see something in him.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately we'll probably never see another halfback like Turvey. He was only a little bloke but I've never seen a player with quicker acceleration. His ability to get through a gap was incredible. And his cover defence was amazing.

Absolutely bleeds blue and white.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
That try at 2:40 mark...

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when Steve Morts first moved to sydney he briefly lived in greenacre and me and a mate who lived a about 5 doors up would get him to show us how to chip and catch...he was a freak...could make it bounce back to him everytime...my mum was also Peter Moores PA for many years especially towards his later years...what a great man...we would have dinner with him every couple of weeks....but Steve Mortimer was god to us in those days

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately we'll probably never see another halfback like Turvey. He was only a little bloke but I've never seen a player with quicker acceleration. His ability to get through a gap was incredible. And his cover defence was amazing.

Absolutely bleeds blue and white.
Yeah, his tackles on Grothe were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.