Opinion Good effort

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
imagine if we had a real 1, 7 & 9
And a gun forward or 2 ..

I feel as though barett was justified in dropping the underperforming players this week .

Effort was great but again the halves just don’t offer anything. Sure Averillo put in some nice kicks but that’s what a half should do .

How about creativity ?

Wakeham looks to be the only real creative player but he’s plays are often more rock than diamonds

Averillo just has no creativity or imagination with ball

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see us beating anyone if we play the same as yesterday. We simply didn't ask any questions at all in attack.

The main objective was just to contain Penrith and limit the score board damage and when you consider the opposition and the spine we rolled out I can understand the thought process behind it.

A spine of Topine, Averillo, Wakeham and DWZ would be lucky to win 1 in 50 NRL games.

There's a lot to like about Topine but he lacks several things that a first grade hooker needs, Wakeham is a ghost, Averillo had some good moments yesterday with his kicking game but isn't anywhere near being a dominant half at this stage of his career and DWZ runs hard and that's it.

I think Tbaz knows this and thats why our plays are so dumbed down.

The effort in defence to keep us in the game was commendable but we are still miles off where we need to be.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says a lot about our team when we're happy about a 30-4 loss.
It's not the 30-4 scoreline, it's the fact that the "best team in the comp" needed a leg up from the ref to stop an upset. No brainfart fron DWZ and it's 4-0 at half time. We get rewarded that penalty try which we were robbed 8-4 our way. If they don't get those lucky two tries against the run of play because of our poor attack and our last try it would have gone to golden point. 30 to 4 totally flattered the Pamfers.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sad- that a 30-4 loss on top of all the losses this year and last couple of years is seen as a good effort- how far our once great club has fallen. When will our club be strong again?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad- that a 30-4 loss on top of all the losses this year and last couple of years is seen as a good effort- how far our once great club has fallen. When will our club be strong again?
Fuck me you muppets have short memories.
It has not fallen.

It was ripped apart abd burnt to the ground by Hasler,Dib and castles shennanigans.

Then the Anderson admin tried to put out the burning flames of oil with water.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck me you muppets have short memories.
It has not fallen.

It was ripped apart abd burnt to the ground by Hasler,Dib and castles shennanigans.

Then the Anderson admin tried to put out the burning flames of oil with water.
Whatever the cause- it has fallen

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And a gun forward or 2 ..

I feel as though barett was justified in dropping the underperforming players this week .

Effort was great but again the halves just don’t offer anything. Sure Averillo put in some nice kicks but that’s what a half should do .

How about creativity ?

Wakeham looks to be the only real creative player but he’s plays are often more rock than diamonds

Averillo just has no creativity or imagination with ball
The club knows we need 2 of the best forwards in the game, currently there are none available but you never what the nearest future holds.
As for Averillo and Wakeham I wouldn't be surprised if there is a switch. and there is the possibility of Flanagan's inclusion.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Although we lost, I thought we played well. Averillo got a few repeat sets and his defence was solid. Wakeham was a bit of a passenger though. Topine gave decent service from dummy half. Our defence had a bit of aggression, which was good to see.
The only real negative was we lacked a bit of creativity and initiative in attack.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The points will come when they learn how to isolate our outside backs one on one with the defense when in good field position and within striking distance. Too many wasted tackles and settlers are wasting any good ball we have. It requires good vision and all 13 players on the field being on the same page and knowing their roles and what they are trying to achieve. They are not working as a unit in attack. They don’t know how to drag the defensive line to one side and immediately attack the other side with sharp quick passes to create any sort of an overlap once they’ve stretch the other teams defensive line. It’s a mix of coaching and players with skill who can actually execute. Good teams like the panthers and Storm do this easily and it comes second nature to them. Rugby League is not rocket science.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to yesterdays game, and you guys played pretty well. Defensively especially in the first half was very good. The 10 metres was rubbish for both sides, which probably worked in your favour. Also the ruck was refereed like it was 2019. Our average play the ball speed was 3.9 & yours was 3.4.

If TBaz gets them playing like that every week you will move off the bottom.
Thanks mate. I thought we did well.

Your mob and Melbourne are streets ahead of anyone and we competed well. And without saying we were unlucky there were 3 crucial moments that prevented any chance of a titanic upset.

1. The DWZ offload. Fuckin palooka ;
2. Captains challenge on Luai. Doorey only just touched him. 50/50 call and if it goes our way To’o is in the bin for 10;
3. The Crichton length of the field try. It was a set move to miss Doorey and hit Hoppa who would have went over untouched. But Doorey sticks out a hand and stuffs the whole thing.

We probably beat half the teams in the comp on that performance yesterday

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I thought we did well.

Your mob and Melbourne are streets ahead of anyone and we competed well. And without saying we were unlucky there were 3 crucial moments that prevented any chance of a titanic upset.

1. The DWZ offload. Fuckin palooka ;
2. Captains challenge on Luai. Doorey only just touched him. 50/50 call and if it goes our way To’o is in the bin for 10;
3. The Crichton length of the field try. It was a set move to miss Doorey and hit Hoppa who would have went over untouched. But Doorey sticks out a hand and stuffs the whole thing.

We probably beat half the teams in the comp on that performance yesterday
We probably beat half the teams defensively but we still don't score any points. The attack yesterday was really really bad. We played with 1/4 of a spine.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Still terrible game management..
Even with Burton next season the team will do nothing with rookie halves.
i thought Avo was very good yesterday, his D was good, they targeted him. It was obviously the game plan by Tbaz but they should have thrown more at them i agree.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i thought Avo was very good yesterday, his D was good, they targeted him. It was obviously the game plan by Tbaz but they should have thrown more at them i agree.
When you say "very good" he can't organise a team like a halfback should nor can Wakeham so the team is completely rudderless.

His D is much better and I think he may be a good running 6, centre or maybe even fullback.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When you say "very good" he can't organise a team like a halfback should nor can Wakeham so the team is completely rudderless.

His D is much better and I think he may be a good running 6, centre or maybe even fullback.
That was probably the best defensive display on Kikau out of any halves in the NRL so far this year.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He is not a 7

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

he played to exactly the way Tbaz had him. Agree a better 6 with Burton running the show or even fullback. Burton is the key next year and the fox obviously

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Need to get forwards who offload more. As soon as Elliott threw one, Averillo made a line break.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
30 against us was good against the top team. Could off been less if not for DWZ brain snap. So frustrating watching the boys try to score

Last edited: