Golden point under threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain dropbut

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i think just have draws if you aint good enough in 80, if you must have extra time i liked david middeltons ideas 4points for win in normal time 3 for win in extra 2 for draw 1 for loss in extra 0 for a loss

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, both team get a pt, and the winner gets an extra point.
So, if say its Dogs v Manly into extra time, then Dogs win through a late field goal, Manly get 1 pt, Dogs get 2 pts.
That would make the value of an NRL match have 3 points, rather than 2 though. Unless there is an equal amount of points for every team to fight for in every game, than its totally unfair.

My idea that may work:
Win = 4 points
Golden Point/Try Win = 3 points
Draw = 2 points
Golden Point/Try Lose = 1 point
Loss = 0 points

That's the only option in my view.

P

Paint.

That would make the value of an NRL match have 3 points, rather than 2 though. Unless there is an equal amount of points for every team to fight for in every game, than its totally unfair.

My idea that may work:
Win = 4 points
Golden Point/Try Win = 3 points
Draw = 2 points
Golden Point/Try Lose = 1 point
Loss = 0 points

That's the only option in my view.
No way, caters too much for golden point which will prob happen only twice or thrice a season anyways.
Losing shouldnt mean you're behind the other team by 4 pts.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its golden try to win and u took the penalty kick u deserve to be mocked y would anyone take the kick
Because after 10 minutes of Extra Time (ie no tries scored) the team with the most points still wins.

Does the team that score the try win? Even though Team B finished the game at 16-17?

Sure, why not? I can think of plenty of times the "Better team" hasn't won the game.

Mr. Sparkle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 minute halves, whoever has the most points at the end of that wins, if its still level its a draw. No golden anything
^ This seems like the most logical solution and a fair result.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im not a fan of golden point, if the scores are level after 80 minutes give them 1 point each and be done with it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the idea floated in the AllStars game where the attacking side could pick one player from the opposing side to sit out?

Why not make it something like in extra time each team selects 2 players to be benched during extra time. That would open up the field for more gaps and a greater chance of a golden try.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Golden point works fine if you want a winner over a draw.
Do we need a winner? I think a draw is a let down too.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
10 minutes extra time, golden try ends it + whoever leads at the end of extra time wins

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd imagine it's a scheduling issue with the broadcasters as extra time runs into the next programming slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.