Opinion Going backwards (Poll)

Are we going backwards under the great Phil Gus Gould?

• Yes

Votes: 67 34.5%
  • No we are on the right track

Votes: 127 65.5%

• Total voters

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That’s the thing.. he cannot get away with that defence that we’ve been seeing.. dosent matter how many moves Gus is doing.. that defence is going to kill our club
They are defending like a lazy U8s team with a coach who thinks "everyone is a winner" bullshit attitude.

They are not scared or even respect the assistant, I dont care what anyone says.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are defending like a lazy U8s team with a coach who thinks "everyone is a winner" bullshit attitude.

They are not scared or even respect the assistant, I dont care what anyone says.
I say this because today was actually very winnable.. if we actually gave a fuck

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are progressing. Our juniors are starting to show promise. We have signed some decent talent for first grade but unfortunately injuries have really fucked up our season and we do lack quality in a few key positions. Unfortunately everyone is basing our level of progress on the first grade side . This probably isn't fair as it takes years to come back from the salary cap and obliteration of our junior system in the Dessie/Ralene era.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In defence of Gus and ciraldo this year is a season of correction.
Keep in mind how long this year we have had two marquees out kikau and Thompson ,also injuries across the park like a curse .
Next season with sexton he will settle the spine but they need to get us two forwards anyone,even get Vaughan back to Australia .
If we release Thompson we need someone solid .
If we release TPJ we are in trouble in middles.
And we need a dose of off season discipline some of the stuff is beyond appealing and makes me question the coach.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are progressing. Our juniors are starting to show promise. We have signed some decent talent for first grade but unfortunately injuries have really fucked up our season and we do lack quality in a few key positions. Unfortunately everyone is basing our level of progress on the first grade side . This probably isn't fair as it takes years to come back from the salary cap and obliteration of our junior system in the Dessie/Ralene era.
There will be no fans left by the time they get it right.. I’m not saying it’s right but this generation of fans are not gonna stick around
especially the younger ones

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Do you think we are going backwards under the GHOUL? or are we on the right track?
I think we have gone a little backwards.

But, I also think that we may need to go backwards to go forward.

We must give Gould time to execute his plan. Time will tell whether he has been successful or not.

At this stage, he is our man and I think we need to stay strong.

Ciraldo may end up a brilliant coach - he’s 38, in his first job as head coach, give him a chance.

Reactions: 88

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do we even have a defence coach?
Haven't seen our attack coach in the box lately either?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Keep in mind how long this year we have had two marquees out kikau and Thompson ,also injuries across the park like a curse .
Next season with sexton he will settle the spine but they need to get us two forwards anyone,even get Vaughan back to Australia .
And we need a dose of off season discipline some of the stuff is beyond appealing and makes me question the coach.
I want CHN back. Not sure what's happened to him post the seizure episode but he's a gun player when he's on song. And I'm quite certain he's not very happy how the Raiders play him with 10-20 minutes a game at most.

He would have learned good stuff in Canberra he could bring back.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go.. Time to fire everyone again..
Nasheed here,
Yoi are wrong here b traun.

We need to find soime consistency and let players and officials find their feet and gel.

Havent you ever heard the term 'thry have plyed with each other for years' when explaining various teams in various codes success?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I want CHN back. Not sure what's happened to him post the seizure episode but he's a gun player when he's on song. And I'm quite certain he's not very happy how the Raiders play him with 10-20 minutes a game at most.

He would have learned good stuff in Canberra he could bring back.
Why do we want players that get seizures?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we've gone backwards this year under Ciraldo but I think we'll go forwards at least 2 years from now because of Gus

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And yeah I agree with you about off season. I'd rather not hear a peep out of the club right through just work hard. The PR campaign during pre season and the trial games etc has contributed massively to fans being so disgruntled. No more of this woke bullshit, nonsensical and totally irrelevant drivel that was doing the rounds during pre season.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And yeah I agree with you about off season. I'd rather not hear a peep out of the club right through just work hard. The PR campaign during pre season and the trial games etc has contributed massively to fans being so disgruntled. No more of this woke bullshit, nonsensical and totally irrelevant drivel that was doing the rounds during pre season.
Yes.. that’s why the fans don’t wanna stick around anymore

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why do we want players that get seizures?
I'd say the clubs in something a situation of begger's can't be choosers. He's a very good player, has had one seizure episode during his career and further episodes may be preventable.