Gofundme protest

would you donate your membership money to a more worthy cause ?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A brilliant idea was raised in another thread by the great @south of heaven to divert, would be membership money, to a more worthy cause.
We could set up a gofundme page dedicated to donations from Bulldogs fans that would be otherwise used for purchasing memberships.
The money would then be given to current and former charity partners of the club.
Ideally you'd donate at least the minimum membership fee, but all donations would be accepted.
I'm happy to set this up but it would only work if enough people signed up.
Who here would contribute ?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Charity is good. But how is this a protest

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Charity is good. But how is this a protest
If you take the money you would've otherwise spenr on Bulldogs membership and give it to a charity, and do it in such a way that the club will notice ? I can't think of a better form of protest.

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on signing up next year but I would get on board. As long as I knew the money was going charity and in the wrong hands.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good.
At least we'd know the money is going somewhere that makes a difference.. because it sure as hell hasn't done anything at the club.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, we got to be the dumbest football club on the face of the earth.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You'd have to be a **** to claim a deduction on a group charity donation.
Why? Are you conerned for the tax office's revenue? Charity donations are tax deductible, so why not do it? Not sure how that makes one a "****".

Actually years ago i worked for a company that used to do casual days etc and you made a donation through the social club for a few bucks. At the end of the day, they had a draw and the winner got to have the receipt in their name and hence got the deduction. It was worthwhile as it could be for a few hundred bucks instead of individuals claiming $5 (which few people would bother doing) and ot gave a good incentive to get involved. Win win.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why? Are you conerned for the tax office's revenue? Charity donations are tax deductible, so why not do it? Not sure how that makes one a "****".
Because hopefully, you'd be making the donation on behalf 100 or more people.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you take the money you would've otherwise spenr on Bulldogs membership and give it to a charity, and do it in such a way that the club will notice ? I can't think of a better form of protest.
Its a good idea just unsure how the club will notice

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd prefer to keep my money, bank it over the next few years of failure, then at the 20xx grand final hire a plan to skywrite "FUCK OFF DES AND RAELENE" just before kickoff in the NRL game.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
IMO: Just keep your money & buy something that you want.

Don't buy a membership, merchandise etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.