GoFundMe Farce

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sick of seeing GoFundMes setup everytime something bad happens. It’s the first thought of some people and usually trying to raise money for undeserving causes.

Why tf do people donate money to people that die from their own fault/stupidity?! It should only be for people who through no fault of their own are suffering or have died. Even then what’s the point in donating money? If they’re dead, they can’t use it. Take the boy killed by a shark recently. A terrible tragedy and not the kid’s fault. A GoFundMe is setup immediately. Why?! Is money going to bring him back? Pay for the funeral you say? I have never heard of my family or friends asking for charity for that. Why else would the family need money? It’s stupid.

Just saw another one today in the aftermath of the bad car crash (near Lithgow) that claimed 2 lives. Get this, the guy who caused it (also one of the victims), has had a GFM put up in his name. He was the fucking cause (drove on wrong side of road) of an innocent man’s death and the critical injuries of children, and yet these bottom feeder friends or family have the nerve to ask for money?! Get fucked.

Sick of the entitlement of some people.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether they died from their own stupidity or not, it's a financial burden for the families which are affected. It's really at your liberty if you want to donate or not.

I do agree that some GoFund me's are undeserving like the Israel Folau campaign. Guy owns multiple properties in addition to his big pay cheques he received over the years, yet he set one up with a target of $3M to fund his legal case against the ARU which was rightfully taken down.

Why the fuck would I donate to some prick who already has more money than me? Sell your property and fund the case. He raised 750k, I'm guessing half of that was from dumb evangelical Christians.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It pisses me off that the government just gave money to flood victims who weren’t insured. Why do we bother paying for insurance if the government will cover you just so they look good? We lost properties in the fires and didn’t ask anyone for a cent apart from the insurance companies that ripped us off every year

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It pisses me off that the government just gave money to flood victims who weren’t insured. Why do we bother paying for insurance if the government will cover you just so they look good? We lost properties in the fires and didn’t ask anyone for a cent apart from the insurance companies that ripped us off every year
In those fire / flood situations what happens to all the gofund me money, the various charity collections an d govt payouts - two neighbouring houses one insured, one not insured - do they each get the same dollars - one a 3br, 1 bth single storey the other a mansion 6br 3 bth, pool etc - who gets what?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In those fire / flood situations what happens to all the gofund me money, the various charity collections an d govt payouts - two neighbouring houses one insured, one not insured - do they each get the same dollars - one a 3br, 1 bth single storey the other a mansion 6br 3 bth, pool etc - who gets what?
It generally takes quite a while to receive but the people that cry poor and keep being the squeaky wheels get more. Some people have no shame.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that’s another one. If you can afford a house, you can afford insurance. My old man always bangs on about how you must have insurance on car and home. I haven’t always had it on some vehicles, and it’s costly for home insurance, but for floods and fire etc, you simply have to have it. I get the idea that you’re spending thousands for seemingly nothing, but when you need it, you’re glad you paid all those annual fees.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess my biggest issue is the mentality that “gofundme will save us”. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? If I was out dirt biking or driving and I fucked up and caused myself, and/or others to be injured or worse, the last thing I would think is I deserve sympathy and money.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a family near us had one of the daughters start a go fund me for her stepmother's serious illness that prevented her from going to work or being able to do anything for herself, this serious illness turned out to be nothing more than the stepmother getting smashed, and watching tv all night, being to tired and lazy to get up next morning
hundreds of poor xxxx messages and crap like you poor thing, i wish you all the best, get well soon
truth was she drinks like a fish, only works 3 part days a week, is dog lazy and wants sympathy all the time, always asking whos up for going out partying, who wants to go out drinking
this is the type of go fund me that really pisses me off

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Asking for help can be the hardest thing but necessary for some family. Guilt & shame with embarrassment isn’t easy but not having money to pay for a funeral or live due unforeseen circumstances I would begrudge anyone for that. It’s the Izzy bullshit or the others who use it as an easy get out I don’t like. Seen posts for car rego and that kind of bullshit.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sick of seeing GoFundMes setup everytime something bad happens. It’s the first thought of some people and usually trying to raise money for undeserving causes.

Why tf do people donate money to people that die from their own fault/stupidity?! It should only be for people who through no fault of their own are suffering or have died. Even then what’s the point in donating money? If they’re dead, they can’t use it. Take the boy killed by a shark recently. A terrible tragedy and not the kid’s fault. A GoFundMe is setup immediately. Why?! Is money going to bring him back? Pay for the funeral you say? I have never heard of my family or friends asking for charity for that. Why else would the family need money? It’s stupid.

Just saw another one today in the aftermath of the bad car crash (near Lithgow) that claimed 2 lives. Get this, the guy who caused it (also one of the victims), has had a GFM put up in his name. He was the fucking cause (drove on wrong side of road) of an innocent man’s death and the critical injuries of children, and yet these bottom feeder friends or family have the nerve to ask for money?! Get fucked.

Sick of the entitlement of some people.

It a Rort if they are asking funeral cost as in any motor vehicle accident that causes death. CPT cover all reasonable cost associated 12 or 14k.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's one of a large number of things that can have good and noble uses. But it's just as easy to use it for selfish and dishonest reasons. And the kicker is that it can be hard to tell the difference.

So I don't even look at go fund me pages ever. For what it's worth I'm wary of all charities after the non distribution of the millions donated to a certain charity for bushfire relief which they pocketed at the time. But it was a huge scandal at the time.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It generally takes quite a while to receive but the people that cry poor and keep being the squeaky wheels get more. Some people have no shame.
You have to be responsible for yourself, family, posessions, and your actions it is a dying trend. We have long gravy trains in Oz

Last edited:

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt donate to these GF Me unless i knew it was absoluetly bona fida case. Im surprised these causes still have credability.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another idiot with head injuries after falling off a scooter in Bali. They’ve raised 50k of the 100k they’re asking for. Yeah don’t worry about doing the most basic form of protection (wearing a helmet). The people will pay when you’re in a hospital bed in a coma.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not all bad……. Assassins family started one and I’m glad they did cause I know I helped out a genuine person who actually needed it and I’ll do it again.
I’ve donated to someone with cancer that I knew online. The poor bugger suffered over a long period. In instances like that, I have no qualms about helping out. It’s when the person caused their own problems that it’s bs.

I also give to charities which help the most needy or animals.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It a Rort if they are asking funeral cost as in any motor vehicle accident that causes death. CPT cover all reasonable cost associated 12 or 14k.
And even if it’s for a funeral, 12-14k will get a nice service. They usually ask for much more though.

These idiots having accidents and being seriously injured or dying overseas because of the simple act of not wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle, are the ones that really get me. Because sure, the family and friends want their loved one back home for a memorial, but that costs a fortune and of course travel insurance doesn’t cover it. No insurance covers your own stupidity.