God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone make up a banner for our Sunday fullback.... it could say "(insert name )....Thank God your here"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So now this has been confirmed, will he play in the Grand Final?
Hoppa will not play the Grand Final.

Bulldogs Skipper James Graham has today discussed Will Hopoate’s decision to not play on Sunday and what it means for himself and his fellow teammates.

Below is a wrap of James Graham’s media conference today.

What’s the mood like around the camp with Will’s decision?
“Everyone’s alright and it’s only Greg Eastwood that is annoyed because he didn’t think of it first.
“Will’s a man of faith and he is well within his right to make this decision.
“He’s made this decision when he was negotiating to come here, so it’s not like it’s shocked anybody.
“I’m 100% behind Will and his decision to do this.”

Isn’t it always team first and not individual?
“Some people would look at it like that, but Will’s religion comes first.”
“To walk away from the game for two years and walk away from millions of dollars, he’s advertised there just how much this means to him.
“To make the decision to not to play Sunday, I totally respect that and I don’t think anyone could argue with him.
“It’s quite an incredible thing to do when you consider how important and how much is made of sport and the NRL and for him to turn around and say my religion comes first, is a credit to the person he is.”

Does Will not playing leaving a big hole?
“Will’s a quality player.
“He has been our players’ player for two of the first four weeks.
“We know how important he is, but injuries happen, suspensions happen and it’s just something that we’re aware of.
“Des and his staff have these plans in place for injuries, suspensions and I’m sure they would have had a plan in place for Will.”

Do you think he will play a Grand Final?
“No. I don’t.
“I guess if he changes his mind that would be great, but as far as I’m concerned, I don’t think he’ll play.”

Then again this reads like a media conference put out there to douse the flames of a firey backlash the club didn't expect from fans.

As if he's going to say "yeah the players are really pissed off about it, and it's created disharmony in the playing group, with other players questioning why they have to play Sundays if Hoppa can't be bothered".

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't believe this, seriously. What. A. Joke.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm the biggest bulldog supporter but when it comes to Sunday's Its a day off.

Ps does hopa still come to the game and support his team mates?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd like to see the crowds not show up on our sunday games, but that's just wishful thinking.
The club wouldn't care tbh, they still get the set amount form ANZ. The club is seriously having a laugh over this. You can be flexible when it comes to training, as i understand players in the NRL manage study while training, so if he needs to take some time away, then fair enough. But fuck me, you can't just flat out refuse to be involved in Sunday and refuse to play games.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club wouldn't care tbh, they still get the set amount form ANZ. The club is seriously having a laugh over this. You can be flexible when it comes to training, as i understand players in the NRL manage study while training, so if he needs to take some time away, then fair enough. But fuck me, you can't just flat out refuse to be involved in Sunday and refuse to play games.
How much he is on anyway? Unless he signed for 100k its a waste of cap signing a player who refuses to play sundays and wont be there GF day. Our club is weak.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You either want to be a professional footballer or you don't.
Putting pressure on his new mates sux.
If the club pressures him they run the risk of him walking out.
Why come back to NRL?
Does he need an ass kick?
CEO has no balls.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How much he is on anyway? Unless he signed for 100k its a waste of cap signing a player who refuses to play sundays and wont be there GF day. Our club is weak.
No idea.. but 100k or 1mill, im still pissed either way.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would prefer our sunday fullback to be each week now, no point wasting time with Will back there.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Obviously the club was expecting a backlash and that's why they announced it after we flog South's. If they announced it after a loss some fans would lose their shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.