transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
  1. Matt Burton: 116/147 78.91%
  2. Stephen Crichton: 74/94 78.72%
  3. Blake Taffe: 60/80 75%
  4. Sio Siva Taukeiaho: 63/86 73.26%
  5. Toby Sexton: 41/59 69.49%

These are our options for goal kicking duties for next season.

Crichton kicked, 2022 - 82.05%, 2023 - 84.00% in the last 2 seasons, I think he should take over the kicking duties from Burton.
How do you come up with that if you are going of the stat's?

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Is it a dumb idea to share duties?
Right side,Burtin with his left leg
Left side, Critta with his right leg
Taafe when they tired?
i dont mind this approach at all, it would help reduce the miss kicks. you get 1x good brain token for today dont spend it all at once nasheed.

update**
i just looked and seen that critta is left footed, you lost that 1x token already

Last edited:

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i dont mind burton kicking, i dont mind critta kicking,

although, burto is a good kicker, but giving him 5/8, captain, goal kicker, play maker (when he should be formulating plans with the team if playing in the halves) is too much pressure, either let him play and kick, or captain and steer and let someone else kick

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton is the best kicker we have. The 78% is misleading. He hardly missed at the end of the year. The reliance of him to take conversions, drop outs, kick offs and general play kicking. It’s a bit too much.

Maybe some people thrive on being involved. Not sure if Burton is that type of player though. Critchon is not bad. But he isn’t automatic. Seen him spray a few conversion.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton is the best kicker we have. The 78% is misleading. He hardly missed at the end of the year. The reliance of him to take conversions, drop outs, kick offs and general play kicking. It’s a bit too much.

Maybe some people thrive on being involved. Not sure if Burton is that type of player though. Critchon is not bad. But he isn’t automatic. Seen him spray a few conversion.
his 1st season was pretty good, bit of a shakey start but a few rounds later he was smashing them over with ease.. he can kick but has too much duties on his shoulders

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton was nailing them this year and visibly improved over the duration I would leave him as goal kicker.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
i dont mind this approach at all, it would help reduce the miss kicks. you get 1x good brain token for today dont spend it all at once nasheed.

update**
i just looked and seen that critta is left footed, you lost that 1x token already
Ok but maybe theory still stands if Taafe do the other side Uleh
Burton has a clear weakness on the left side and just as a general sports Optimization theory it makes sense to me.
Unless playas is greedy and wants top point scorer type glory end of year.
But that ain’t teamwork yo
Ain’t cohesion’s habibi

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
Burton:

2022 - 50/67 - 74.63%
2023 - 60/71 - 84.51%

Crichton:

2022 - 32/39 - 82.05%
2023 - 21/25 - 84.00%

They both had similar % last year but Burton had 71 shots compared to Crichtons 25 shots.

We a gifted to have 2 kickers that can kick at 84%

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Is it a dumb idea to share duties?
Right side,Burtin with his left leg
Left side, Critta with his right leg
Taafe when they tired?
I concur.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok but maybe theory still stands if Taafe do the other side Uleh
Burton has a clear weakness on the left side and just as a general sports Optimization theory it makes sense to me.
Unless playas is greedy and wants top point scorer type glory end of year.
But that ain’t teamwork yo
Ain’t cohesion’s habibi
burto has been slotting them over pretty good, but if he is to play in the halves someone else should kick so our halves can make plans in the time the goal is being kicked. but if taffe can kick i am happy for him to kick

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any idea who is goal kicker this year I image it will be Critta or Burto

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
his 1st season was pretty good, bit of a shakey start but a few rounds later he was smashing them over with ease.. he can kick but has too much duties on his shoulders
I sort of agree he was missing some early and feeling the pressure, kicks that good kickers don't miss. I hope he just relaxes a bit more and only has to kick on his good side