Girl, 12, cleared for sex change

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A JUDGE has allowed a 12-year-old girl to begin a taxpayer-funded sex change, despite objections from the child's father.

The girl, who cannot be named, has begun court-approved hormone treatment in the first step towards becoming a boy.

The Family Court orders also permit the girl to apply for a new birth certificate, passport and Medicare card in a boy's name.

The application to allow the hormone treatment was lodged by the girl's mother.

An endocrinologist, a psychiatrist, a family counsellor, a State Government watchdog and a lawyer acting for the child all supported the plan.

Only her father, who lives interstate, opposed the proposed sex change, but he did not attend the final court hearing and could not afford to send a lawyer on his behalf.

The court was told he could not accept his daughter had always seen herself as a boy and considered her too young to make such a decision.

The mother expressed sadness and deep concern for her daughter, but said she would stand by her no matter what.

The child's lawyer told the court she considered the girl to be capable of making an informed decision about the sex-change procedure.

Justice Heather Carter's decision makes the girl one of the youngest patients in Australia granted permission to begin a sex swap.

News of the judge's decision yesterday ignited debate among medical ethicists and child-health experts.

Medical ethicist Dr Nicholas Tonti-Filippini said the decision was astounding.

"I fail to see how it can be in the interests of a young girl to undergo treatment that will change her for the rest of her life,'' he said.

"Twelve is a time of great uncertainty.''

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sick - just ****ing SICK!!

The Government need to hang themselves by the fuking testicles! To think IM paying for her fuking sick fantasy to become a boy!

What is wrong with society? If you wanna grow a penis then by all means do so with your OWN MONEY and when you are of legal age! But know deep down you will ALWAYS be a female - ALWAYS. You can never change that..

Sick! Where did the parents go wrong here??

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
WTF my taxpayer funded money is going to be used for this !?!?!

ON the real issue, the judge must be in la la land, seriously she is 12 and yet the ruling allows the sex change. Absolutely ridiculous.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
She will regret this most likely, that young is a time of confusion sigh

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
She has just started to develop and she wants to change, jesus i hope she doesnt change her mind in a few years

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
at least wait til shes 13 ffs, shes too young to be making these decisions for herself

Just Me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick - just ****ing SICK!!

The Government need to hang themselves by the fuking testicles! To think IM paying for her fuking sick fantasy to become a boy!

What is wrong with society? If you wanna grow a penis then by all means do so with your OWN MONEY and when you are of legal age! But know deep down you will ALWAYS be a female - ALWAYS. You can never change that..

Sick! Where did the parents go wrong here??
I don't think it's a fantasy Rami. I saw a documentary on this - there are kids younger than this girl who are getting hormone injections etc.

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
at least wait til shes 13 ffs, shes too young to be making these decisions for herself
lol how is being 13 going to change anything?

wait till our 18...by then your through puberty and ou have a clear idea of your real identity

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is pretty major stuff.
huge ethical nightmare. the worst thing is, this sets a precedent. not looking forward to the next wave of gender confused kids lining up for sex changes because this was allowed.

my god...12. fair enough i knew what i wanted at that age, but that's because i didn't really have a childhood. most kids have no ****ing idea what they want to do next week, let alone decide they're the wrong sex and want to have a sex change so early in life.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I have always been happy being a girl (although Puberty was a nightmare - being an early starter).

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
oh wow! i thought this was a joke when i read it. poor girl, what she must be feeling

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
People like her need love and support..

Not a sex change.

If she had it when she was a kid, combined with proper role models as parents, maybe she would feel more confident about herself.

DoggyGirl

>Sylvana
Reaction score
People like her need love and support..

Not a sex change.

If she had it when she was a kid, combined with proper role models as parents, maybe she would feel more confident about herself.
it goes alot depper than that Rami. That confusion about sexual identity has nothing to do with parental support, it's an inner demon

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's a fantasy Rami. I saw a documentary on this - there are kids younger than this girl who are getting hormone injections etc.
I wasn't being straight when I said fantasy. Even though at the end of the day, her will to be a man will always be a fantasy. Deep down she will always be a female. No million dollar surgery can change that. She has X chromosomes.

The girl obviously has issues, but a sex change is not the way to deal with them.

Nature intended her to be a Woman. So accept it! What is there not to be proud of being a woman? Gay people talk about people accepting who they are, so why not accept your appearance??

In 90% of these cases its the way the child was raised. If there were any more information about her life as a child you would most likely see her parents did a disgraceful job raising her.

Status
Not open for further replies.