Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25642219-953,00.html

Gemma Jones
June 16, 2009 12:00am

A GIRL, 12, who was allowed to live with her boyfriend despite her father's pleas to authorities is to become one of Australia's youngest mothers.

The girl had been sharing a bed with the father of her baby, who is 15, from the age of 11, after her mother allowed him to move into their home in rural NSW.

But when her father pleaded with staff at the Department of Community Services helpline several times they failed to do anything about the situation.

Police said they were also unable to intervene because both children were under the age of consent. If the boy was 18 or older police would have immediately begun a criminal investigation.

When the girl's father had to take custody of her in March, he discovered his daughter was pregnant. She is now about halfway through her pregnancy.

The department admitted yesterday it had failed to act earlier because staff were working on more urgent cases.

NSW Community Services minister Linda Burney has admitted major mistakes were made by her department.

The girlwas ignored by the Department of Community Services (DoCS) because ``the system was stretched'', she says.

There was no intervention by DoCS, despite pleas from the girl's father for help, Mrs Burney said.

``It's a disturbing case. It is true in my view that DoCS should have intervened more strenuously than what they did.

``I'm of the view, as is the department, that there should have been more strident intervention than happened.

``The father did contact community services in early March and there was some investigation but clearly not enough was done and I want to acknowledge that.''

Staff from DOCS and the Departments of Health and Education were clamouring to help the child, the father told his local member, Dubbo MP Dawn Fardell.

"He came to me. The police said 'our hands are tied'," Ms Fardell said yesterday.

"The father said to me it looks like he and his partner will raise the baby, they are happy to do so.

Someone needs to be accountable for this."

Police said because the children were both under the age of consent and the girl failed to make a complaint of sexual abuse when interviewed, they were unable to act after the girl's father came to them on March 31.

NSW Opposition spokeswoman for community services, Pru Goward told ABC radio: ``I don't think it's an isolated case. I think DoCS often, where it gets reports like this, ignores the reports of the families and the advice of the foster carers''.

The pregnant girl will be eligible for the federal government's $5,000 baby bonus if she has care of her child.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said.....Fark Me Dead!!!!! I wasn't even thinking of that when I was 12....Discuss away peeps.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Exactly...And sleeping with a 15 year old boy with her mother's approval....That makes me sick.....

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good ****ing lord.

If that was my kid, **** calling the authorities, I'd be dragging her out by her hair whilst chainsawing the boyfriend.

I....think I was still playing with action man and barbie at 12 ( but making them "honeymoon" *shakes head*

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the hospital will report the birth to DOCS as soon as it happens. they're mandated to

the authorities will intervene.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pregnant girl will be eligible for the federal government's $5,000 baby bonus if she has care of her child.
Lol

I can c what is more important than 15 yr olds doing chicks who are still in primary school

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
there must have been grass on the wicket ? ! ?

S

smingers

Umm if her mother approved, shouldn't she be charged for consent of underage sex?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Umm if her mother approved, shouldn't she be charged for consent of underage sex?
She didn't consent to underage sex, she just invited him to say :rolleyes:

Wonder what she thought would happen

Reaction score
As much as i think its wrong,

at the end of the day it's just a child, not the end of the world !

Status
Not open for further replies.