GETTING ABSOLUTELY SICK OF "WE DONT HAVE THE TALENT" RUBBISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair dinkum why is everyone so excited about Finucane? He is just a first grader and that's it. He makes at least 3 errors a game, does some tackling, inevitably giving away a couple of penalties and hits the ball up. He only plays about 50 minutes a game. He does the same job as Klemmer in our team and I would rather the big bloke any day. We have had an international backrow for years. Yes a few of our forwards are getting on and it's showing this year with a younger pack running us around but sometimes you roll the dice on these things and you win sometimes you lose. That's what they did with Ennis and everyone is now going off about it. Talk about hypocrisy. It's funny how everyone keeps saying we need to identify and buy young players and develop them but when we do it if they don't immediately become superstars suddenly its the worlds worst decision. Mbye has been tagged as a superstar for 5 years or more. He's only 22 or 23 now and already he's been written off as not even being a first grader. As for Ennis, he player SOO when he was with us so he couldn't have been going that bad and that is despite him constantly kicking out on the full and grubbering for no-one most of the time.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like I should start my own thread as I'm feeling a bit left out.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have youse forgiven Ben Barba yet?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree zee with current players, des plays this way because we have no halfback .
I can guarantee des would have a different structure if Cronk and smith were in our team
He obviously has no confidence in Mbye and Reynolds running the team

he had no confidence in Ennis either nor cook.

see how both of them turned out with their next clubs.

as some one mentioned earlier , the only person who has no talent is fucken Des.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My non informed guess on why players skills - pass, catch, kick etc - haven't developed - is because of a negative mind set. The emphasis seems to be on maintaining possession rather than learning, practicing, refining the skills needed to use the possession effectively. Everything in attack gets slowed down to make sure the ball isn't lost, kicks are mid field so as not to kick out on the full or give away 7 tackles, no second phase because need to be in position for the next play the ball - all strategy but no skill. Because everything is slow the ball carriers get smashed and dominated, slowing things further. I wonder if the attacking training is done at full speed - every other side attacks with far greater speed than the dogs. Listening to Des he seems overly driven by stats and details - except for scoreboard stats. Reminds me of tennis players who keep the ball in play, holds their serve, few unforced errors but still lose every match in tie breaks - to scared to hit the ball close to the lines.
Good news - SGB Ball were very good on Sunday against Canberra!
They think about retaining possession so much it has the opposite effect

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is one small sentence from Zee's opening post:

Des is a talent killer. period!

And that, in my opinion is 100% right.

What Michael Ennis did at the at the Bulldogs and then did at the Sharks is the absolute proof of that.

Putting Hasler's player roster out to compete as a premiership contender is same as putting a rudderless row boat to compete in a regatta.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No point worrying about the talent that has gone from the club. We have to work with what we've got, and there are too many backended contracts to recruit anyone of note. So, the future looks bleak, because with the current crop of no hopers we will have nothing for the fans to cheer about for at least two more years.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are still blaming our halves for lack of creativity and pathetic performances on the field and not blaming Des for it at all and I am absolutely getting mad on keep hearing that.

this is utter Bullshit. We heard the same thing about Ennis 3 years ago. We had one of the slowest and clueless hooker in the comp who was nothing but a tackling machine, he couldnt put a grubber, he couldnt pass quickly, he was slow off the mark , he was useless and holding our team back.

We replaced him with one of the best upcoming talents in Liccha who had won all the awards and accolades in junior grades. We had Mbye who was regarded as the future Maroon by the experts and next in line to JT!!!. We had Damien Cook who won 2 MOM performances in his first 7 games and we let him go and rest is history.

Even if we had Cronk and JT , playing under Des's structures , we will always be playing shit!

Josh Reynolds has spent much of his career playing under Des, no wonder he can not create anything or put a decent kick.

Mbye started off as a brilliant goal kicker with a strike rate of over 90%....look at him now!

Liccha... enough said!

Des is a talent killer. period!

From now on who ever blames our halves for not having any talent is going to make himself look like an absolute retard.
Paul Kent finally said it he was responsible for recruitment and retention

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Paul Kent finally said it he was responsible for recruitment and retention
Yep the only journalist with balls to say

I quite like Paul Kent's views of the game. He's spot on most of the times

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love the part where Des has supposedly made Mbye a worse goal kicker. lol