Get excited Doggies fans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to RLW in 2016 Eastwood got ratings of 8 - once, 7 - 5 times, 6 - 10 times - those ratings by a neutral 3rd party I would consider as good or better, so that is more than one - peanut!
Pelicans and peanuts I know you guys love each other in a virile sort of way of course

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he fires up this year watch those same people boast about how awesome he is.

Fact remains he is still a damn good footballer who got stifled by Hasler like everyone else, AND was battling a heart issue last year.

New season, surgery on the heart, and a new coach. I reckon he'll fire on all cylinders and kill it.

As for Tualau, Fualalo and RFM. RFM will be in the side starting at Second Row. Fualalo will come off the bench. Eastwood will either start at lock or come off bench in a role swap with Elliott.

I reckon:

1. Mbye
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Eastwood

14. Tolman
15. Fualalo
16. Elliott
17. Brown / Taulau / Priest
That would be my starting line up too mr invisible I think you got some footy brains or maybe at least some foresight ??.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think wolfmother is a troll.. I’ve seen some ridiculous posts by that account... surely a troll... or mentally disabled
You actually look like a fat troll yourself but it's rude to say that .
Im actually not a troll I speak up and when I'm triggered by shit..
I've always liked Eastwood he's a game changer when he's well
Unless you're 100% able bodied ( riddled with illness is included in the legal definition of disabled) in any elite sport such as league you're going to get caught out. That's what happened to him prior to going on sick leave..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Please do not insult one of the all time great Bulldogs players. Robbo didn't have a girly haircut nor wear one of those girly combs in his hair.

(PS couldn't you find a pic where he wasn't losing the ball?)
Sorry sir...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You actually look like a fat troll yourself but it's rude to say that .
Im actually not a troll I speak up and when I'm triggered by shit..
I've always liked Eastwood he's a game changer when he's well
Unless you're 100% able bodied ( riddled with illness is included in the legal definition of disabled) in any elite sport such as league you're going to get caught out. That's what happened to him prior to going on sick leave..
He is a game changer for sure, he comes on and changes the game by letting in tries

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If Aaron Woods plays only a little bit like the Great Robbo, we will kill it in 2018.

Robbo was a bloke that didn't give a shit who was on front of him he just ran, remember the wall against Parramatta?
Do I? Sterlo went down like a sake of potatoes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The good old days!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me or are all the jokes about Aaron Woods being a girl with long hair getting boring?? I think he will be a great signing, who cares about his hairstyle. Big minute prop with a great selective offload. He has had some great rep games and some poor ones but at NRL level he has always been class.
It's not the long hair that feminine it's the haircut itself. Yeah, I think he'll be a good signing, but will he provide value for money? That is the question for me. I hope so & wish him nothing but the best.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not the long hair that feminine it's the haircut itself. Yeah, I think he'll be a good signing, but will he provide value for money? That is the question for me. I hope so & wish him nothing but the best.
How can the current lead prop for NSW and Australia not provide value for us? He only has to do what he has been doing and we will be in front. Still, I expect he will do even better with us.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can the current lead prop for NSW and Australia not provide value for us? He only has to do what he has been doing and we will be in front. Still, I expect he will do even better with us.
Value for money. $800k pa

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods was carrying the Tigers forward pack. He'll fit in. He played a couple of pansy games with some feeble defensive efforts, but so did our guys for that matter. Im very confident he will be a real Bulldog forward.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Value for money. $800k pa
Going rate for high quality prop. Bromwich would be on more, so are the cows props. Packer is on similar so is Matulino. Even Evans is getting around $500k and looks like being a benchie. Taupau? The list goes on. Clubs recognise you need a strong front row to win the comp. Backs will score the points but front row gets you into position.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am one of the first that use to give it to Eastwood when he was struggling and called him Feadtwood but honestly, I can't believe how some people bang on about how Eastwood is not worth $800K.
I reckon if you asked Eastwood himself, he wouldn't say that he is worth that much himself!
The thing is, people are whinging he is not worth that much but aren't mentioning that he is OWED that money.
Eastwood probably signed a 3yr deal at $400K per season ($1.2million over 3yrs) and Hasbeen asked him to sign on a contract that states he will be paid $150K in his 1st yr, $250K in his 2nd yr and $800K in his last year thinking that he will let other player go in the last yr of Eastwoods contract therefore having enough to cover the contract. Now, that Eastwood got injured, Hasbeen has gone, they try to shop him around to get rid of the $800K bill. No club is willing to pay for some that costs twice as much as he is worth.
I bet if we were in the same situation with our employer, NONE OF US would leave and forfeit a $800K payout!!
People carry on about him medically retiring. If I was Eastwood and want to play on cause I love playing, this is what I would say to those that want me to give up something that I love and want to continue doing.....

469294528.jpg

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Brycycles94

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That must be the finger he uses to point to the food he wants to order lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am one of the first that use to give it to Eastwood when he was struggling and called him Feadtwood but honestly, I can't believe how some people bang on about how Eastwood is not worth $800K.
I reckon if you asked Eastwood himself, he wouldn't say that he is worth that much himself!
The thing is, people are whinging he is not worth that much but aren't mentioning that he is OWED that money.
Eastwood probably signed a 3yr deal at $400K per season ($1.2million over 3yrs) and Hasbeen asked him to sign on a contract that states he will be paid $150K in his 1st yr, $250K in his 2nd yr and $800K in his last year thinking that he will let other player go in the last yr of Eastwoods contract therefore having enough to cover the contract. Now, that Eastwood got injured, Hasbeen has gone, they try to shop him around to get rid of the $800K bill. No club is willing to pay for some that costs twice as much as he is worth.
I bet if we were in the same situation with our employer, NONE OF US would leave and forfeit a $800K payout!!
People carry on about him medically retiring. If I was Eastwood and want to play on cause I love playing, this is what I would say to those that want me to give up something that I love and want to continue doing.....

View attachment 4805

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Eastwood signed a 2 year deal towards the backend of 2016 that was reported to be worth over $1m. I don't know where people get this idea that he was on a heavily backended contract to save us money in other places, we simply gave him a 2 year deal worth far more than he should have been paid. Eastwood wasn't worth 500k+ a season from 2016 on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If our forwards are given free reign to pop short balls this year, Eastwood might produce some of his well timed get outta my way runs where he steamrolls through the defense. I love seeing him bust through the line like i know he can then start looking to get the ball to someone with pace. As plenty of others have said, he hits like a wrecking ball in defense too. The absolute worst case scenario is that he's forced to play in the lower grades because other players hit some better form than him. Which to my way of thinking will mean we've got some pretty good players in the squad to keep him out.

Even if he was on 2 million a year, it's useless as a fan to worry about these things. I would love to go back to paying under $1 a litre for petrol like when I started driving but there's bugger all I can do about it which is pretty much the same situation we're all in with players we think are overpaid. Just stop criticizing and get behind the players for now. If they don't earn their wage they can be moved on when their contracts are up. Hopefully if anyone isn't performing when the season starts they'll be demoted. I personally have very little faith in the ball service of Lichaa based on the fact that I've never seen him excel at the bread and butter skillset that hookers are supposed to show. But he's spent an offseason under a completely different coach who's hopefully had him working overtime to get this part of his game right. I'm not going to spend the next two months whinging about it. A lot can improve with every player during an off-season so hold off on the whinging until we see how things change under Pay's tutelage.

Status
Not open for further replies.