Get excited Doggies fans!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gents show some class, some of comments in this thread about Eastwood are in poor tast. He has bled blue and white for nearly a decade and just gone through a traumatic time, fair go!

He has been on peanuts for the past 2 seasons and deserves his contract this year. It's not on him that Hasler can't manage the cap.

Eastwood is a bloody good footballer with seriouse skill that will suit Dean Pay's style:
- Aggressive defender, big front on hitter
- Can play with the ball in hand
- Effective footwork close to the line
- Can off load
- Smart footballer
Was a good footballer. I hope he recaptures his form. Has had brain snaps at times like last year when Dogs were attacking and he kicked the ball on the 3rd tackle (can't remember who we were playing). Has missed tackles at times. I'm glad he's over heart issue but I would prefer others in 1st grade.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he fires up this year watch those same people boast about how awesome he is.

Fact remains he is still a damn good footballer who got stifled by Hasler like everyone else, AND was battling a heart issue last year.

New season, surgery on the heart, and a new coach. I reckon he'll fire on all cylinders and kill it.

As for Tualau, Fualalo and RFM. RFM will be in the side starting at Second Row. Fualalo will come off the bench. Eastwood will either start at lock or come off bench in a role swap with Elliott.

I reckon:

1. Mbye
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Foran
7. Frawley
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Eastwood

14. Tolman
15. Fualalo
16. Elliott
17. Brown / Taulau / Priest
Eastwood will not be in the starting side. Foran will be number 7. Who is your goal kicker? Rhys Martin will be a genuine chance to be in the 17.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has been on peanuts for the past 2 seasons and deserves his contract this year.
Oh please spare me.

He agreed to have a back ended contract.

I would love to get paid the peanuts he was on.

Just wondering if you are related to him.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You actually look like a fat troll yourself but it's rude to say that .
Im actually not a troll I speak up and when I'm triggered by shit..
I've always liked Eastwood he's a game changer when he's well
Unless you're 100% able bodied ( riddled with illness is included in the legal definition of disabled) in any elite sport such as league you're going to get caught out. That's what happened to him prior to going on sick leave..
You have no clue. Are you a doctor? The heart problem/episode came out of the blue whilst he was driving. No one on this site knows whether the heart problem impacted upon his performance during last season - me included. Medical issues can occur spontaneously and in the absence of prior issues.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have no clue. Are you a doctor? The heart problem/episode came out of the blue whilst he was driving. No one on this site knows whether the heart problem impacted upon his performance during last season - me included. Medical issues can occur spontaneously and in the absence of prior issues.
You're a clown. You still have no clue do you?
Arrhythmia can be progressive.. Symptoms might be skipping a heartbeat of 2 then resolving itself.
The symptoms usually manifest when exerting your body.. like I don't know when you're playing at first grade level rugby league!
He might have had tests but nothing was found but knowing its heart related is scary enough so it would have impacted him mentally which led to impacting him physically.
The guys has had heart issues since pre-season 2017, it's a long and serious illness and it's recognised as a disability.
You my friend I can't diagnose you might just be an ass-hole

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My bet is Eastwood has Atrial fibrillation.

There are many causes for it. ((born with it, being overweight, sleep apnea)

I have it. I also have mitral valve prolapse.

Eastwoods 'surgery' would have been inserting a catheter through his leg or arm to to lining of his heart. This stops you feeling the effects of the rapid heart.

He wouldn't have been put to sleep.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My bet is Eastwood has Atrial fibrillation.

There are many causes for it. ((born with it, being overweight, sleep apnea)

I have it. I also have mitral valve prolapse.

Eastwoods 'surgery' would have been inserting a catheter through his leg or arm to to lining of his heart. This stops you feeling the effects of the rapid heart.

He wouldn't have been put to sleep.
Oh you poor thing. Hope it's under control. It would scary to have

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh you poor thing. Hope it's under control. It would scary to have
I take medication.

But doesn't always work.

Sometimes when I am out shopping & the palpitations become too much, I lie on the floor. I use my hadbag as a pillow.

I do get weird looks.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I take medication.

But doesn't always work.

Sometimes when I am out shopping & the palpitations become too much, I lie on the floor. I use my hadbag as a pillow.

I do get weird looks.
You gotta do what you gotta do.. Hope it's a comfy bag

Status
Not open for further replies.