Reaction score
This guy helped bring:

Matt Burton
Josh Addo Carr (HSC)
Brent Naden
Matt Dufty
Phil Gould
Steve Hansen

to our club. These are huge names, with more to come I expect! No, I don’t think he’s Bellamy or Bennett but fuck me this guy can attract people to a club. Naysayers need to Stfu for now

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This guy helped bring:

Matt Burton
Josh Addo Carr (HSC)
Brent Naden
Matt Dufty
Phil Gould
Steve Hansen

to our club. These are huge names, with more to come I expect! No, I don’t think he’s Bellamy or Bennett but fuck me this guy can attract people to a club. Naysayers need to Stfu for now
Can’t argue with this. Although Baz is part of the reason these guys would have come. I suspect it’s the Bulldogs project as a whole, which started with changing the board and bringing Laundys sponsorship in. Don’t forget, pre Covid the Dogs are backed by one of the largest leagues clubs in the country (second to Panthers I think)

Regardless, 2022 is the start of a great 10 years ahead

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This guy helped bring:

Matt Burton
Josh Addo Carr (HSC)
Brent Naden
Matt Dufty
Phil Gould
Steve Hansen

2022 was always the year we were going to see change.we still had to many players on contract last year which ended this year.so the clean out will continue in the next few months.Trent Barrett is building a premiership winning side.I like what I am seeing.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon Hansen won’t have involvement passed this year now Gould is around. It’s too hard with travel plus Gould can provide that support role to Barrett now.
I concur on this and tbh Steve is still only a text message or phone call away for Baz.. Good people around him and the support is local with Gus.. good result and congratulations to all..

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Baz and Gould now together. Baz has brought some good players over now expect more good players to come with Gould at the dogs.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed, I’m with you.

But there will always be the naysayers just a fact of life you can’t please everyone.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed, I’m with you.

But there will always be the naysayers just a fact of life you can’t please everyone.
Of course there will be.

He’s already made some poor recruitment calls, conveniently left out of the original post. Some of his team selections are mind boggling.

We will back him to next year, but we have every right to be critical of him, considering the small taste we have had this year with him at the helm.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will still be tough year for us. Gus as he said will concentrate on paths and write people in position to help the youth. He will also be across football.
this will be great for us going forward as we have a lot of good young ones coming through.
The opportunity will come now especially for the kids that can play football. That’s one the big changes he made at the riff. To not just pick big kids. But kids that can play footy. It has changed them know into the powerhouse they are. They have roughly 3 layers at every grade capable. The only problem with development is rugby.
they pinch the stars at young ages.
hopefully Gould will put a end to that.
great news for the club

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould appointment is critical for us at the moment and the very best move the club could make. However, I doubt its Barrett's doing because I am sure if we were travelling better (not last and and signed a couple more players) Gould would not have been approached. If Gus doesn't like Barrett's direction in 6 months, he will get squeezed.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy helped bring:

Matt Burton
Josh Addo Carr (HSC)
Brent Naden
Matt Dufty
Phil Gould
Steve Hansen

Hope Gus coaches then!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd prefer to see Baz while we were humping to be honest.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould appointment is critical for us at the moment and the very best move the club could make. However, I doubt its Barrett's doing because I am sure if we were travelling better (not last and and signed a couple more players) Gould would not have been approached. If Gus doesn't like Barrett's direction in 6 months, he will get squeezed.
I disagree, i think theres a reason the GM of Football position has remained vacant.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It, like most things, simply came down to money. We showed it to him, upped it, and he’s since taken it. Not for one minute did he do this for Baz, he did it because it was a good opportunity monetary wise and a good opportunity to expand on his legacy since the club ensures his success with their financial backing and junior base which isn’t too shabby, plenty of talented players from the area playing at other clubs, hopefully in 5 years time, they’ll be wearing blue and white and we have a pathways program that is sustained over a lifetime.

It’s a huge win for the club this appointment.

Last edited: