George Williams ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any hope of us bringing George Williams back to Oz ?

He's exactly what we need.

Had a fallout with Ricky Stuart so unlikely to go back to the Raiders ever and Williams said in a recent interview he wouldn't rule out a return to the NRL.

Anyone know how long he's signed for with his Super League team ?

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The way T Baz has been going of late, he’d probably have a fall out with George Williams too!

Flanagan & Williams would be the halves in reggies

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Warrington wolves, he would be handy pickup.but right now most would.!! And prefer someone else.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Any hope of us bringing George Williams back to Oz ?

He's exactly what we need.

Had a fallout with Ricky Stuart so unlikely to go back to the Raiders ever and Williams said in a recent interview he wouldn't rule out a return to the NRL.

Anyone know how long he's signed for with his Super League team ?
No thanks, what a sook going home

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance of coming back here when his family is all in the UK.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know things are looking a bit dire but we haven't played a premiership game yet this season, blind faith maybe but I'm hopeful one of our guys will serve us well enough in 22, it's too early to rush into buying another 7 and there aren't any very good ones available anyway.
As said Williams has form for homesickness and would not be worth the risk.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TB needs the pressure on him, he can’t think these results albeit trial or competition proper that level of football is acceptable. A good half is a good half, I’d take George or anyone of his caliber - but - the focus is well and truely with TB…

he’s a smooth operator talking up training and regurgitating the line “they didn’t give themselves a chance” - it’s his job to give them a chance and hold players accountable when they perform poorly. Besides that, we still execute like we’re under 11s..

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All the halfbacks currently in the NRL off contract seasons end and I would say none will take us to the next level . 1 with the most upside is probably Ash Taylor and he is woeful defensively

Walters
Sam Williams
Albert Kelly
Foran
Cooper johns
Nikorima
Cht
Ash Taylor
Crossland
O’Sullivan
Lam
Madden

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a good halfback. And he would be the perfect type of player to partner Burton. But he'd cost a fair bit and who's to say he won't get homesick again if he's with another NRL club?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the halfbacks currently in the NRL off contract seasons end and I would say none will take us to the next level . 1 with the most upside is probably Ash Taylor and he is woeful defensively

Walters
Sam Williams
Albert Kelly
Foran
Cooper johns
Nikorima
Cht
Ash Taylor
Crossland
O’Sullivan
Lam
Madden
i dont mind CHT to be honest. not a world beater but could just steady the ship and do whats required to let Burton play. also puts on some big shots defensively. Nikorima and Kelly would be scraping the bottom of the barrel too and the rest you'd have to take a hard pass on

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The shit **** who took them backwards?

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Right now i'd take Lewis back so anyone that can actually play halfback in First grade sounds good to me. I know there are people saying We haven't played a game yet but I seen enough inthe trials to suggest we will struggle inthe halves Burton will be double teamed and people can not expect him to be as good for us as was he was with a premiership winning team with great players around him

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now i'd take Lewis back so anyone that can actually play halfback in First grade sounds good to me. I know there are people saying We haven't played a game yet but I seen enough inthe trials to suggest we will struggle inthe halves Burton will be double teamed and people can not expect him to be as good for us as was he was with a premiership winning team with great players around him
Lewis was shit which is why he’s unsigned right now. The last thing we need is to bring back a reserve grader

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely there is a decent half back In England that the club can speak to, doesn't even have to be decent just better then the junk we have lol