George Pell

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
My wife did chair a jury that acquitted a priest, I would swear it on the bible any day of the week. decent people don't lie about such matters to their spouses.
So your saying that trying to make some easy money by claiming compensation does not happen, I have employed a lot of people and about 75% of the compo claims were false, the other 25% just exaggerated their injuries.
it happens but it definitely didn't happen here, you can assume that they threw all sorts of money at him to drop the case and yet it continued

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My wife did chair a jury that acquitted a priest, I would swear it on the bible any day of the week. decent people don't lie about such matters to their spouses.
So your saying that trying to make some easy money by claiming compensation does not happen, I have employed a lot of people and about 75% of the compo claims were false, the other 25% just exaggerated their injuries.
How many people did you employ?

I only ask because I worked for a compensation insurance company a while back and I generally found that about 95% of the compo claims were valid while the other 5% were generally either false or exaggerated. But I dealt with hundreds of people per week so it's possible that your business had more phoneys than the average business.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's more victims lining up to seek their justice...not the end of Pell's reckoning by a long way.
Hope so. Really do. But I doubt anything will come from it in the long-term, and this case isn't going to give any victims of child abuse much comfort to come out and to press charges etc.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hope so. Really do. But I doubt anything will come from it in the long-term, and this case isn't going to give any victims of child abuse much comfort to come out and to press charges etc.
Even if he didn't do it, shit sticks. I hope it doesn't stop other victims talking.

If I were involved in the Vatican, I would ask to lead a special task force to weed out the demon c***s.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even if he didn't do it, shit sticks. I hope it doesn't stop other victims talking.

If I were involved in the Vatican, I would ask to lead a special task force to weed out the demon c***s.
Completely agree. The Vatican needs to be a lot more active in this area and showing that they won't stand for any such horrible behaviour.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many people did you employ?

I only ask because I worked for a compensation insurance company a while back and I generally found that about 95% of the compo claims were valid while the other 5% were generally either false or exaggerated. But I dealt with hundreds of people per week so it's possible that your business had more phoneys than the average business.
I generally employed from 30 to 50 it was farm work mostly seasonal, I do recall the most genuine case was one fellow having his foot caught underneath a wheel got about $300.000. This was about the most genuine case even though I thought at the time that he was a bit careless.
A case where one fellow bruised his thigh in a ridiculous fall, then kept belting it to keep it bruised was out of work for about 3 months.
Another time one went to the trouble of loosing the tips of two fingers, was told by a very trusting employee who was on the spot that he thought that he did it deliberately, he got good compo used the money to buy a house.
One lady claimed RSI after 3 weeks work.
A few incidences of someone falling over then claiming compo for a few months.
BTW had no more then 10 cases in about 30 years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I generally employed from 30 to 50 it was farm work mostly seasonal, I do recall the most genuine case was one fellow having his foot caught underneath a wheel got about $300.000. This was about the most genuine case even though I thought at the time that he was a bit careless.
A case where one fellow bruised his thigh in a ridiculous fall, then kept belting it to keep it bruised was out of work for about 3 months.
Another time one went to the trouble of loosing the tips of two fingers, was told by a very trusting employee who was on the spot that he thought that he did it deliberately, he got good compo used the money to buy a house.
One lady claimed RSI after 3 weeks work.
A few incidences of someone falling over then claiming compo for a few months.
BTW had no more then 10 cases in about 30 years.
Damn, that's pretty bad. I found that it generally went with the work. Any compensation claim in a low risk job was likely to be a false claim. But I didn't get many of those. Most compensation claims were high risk and relatively easy to verify.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never seen a worse case of someone buying their way out of jail.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never seen a worse case of someone buying their way out of jail.
Have you ever seen so many morons thinking it's a win for their team....
"Yay, I knew he was only a guy who aided pedos escaping the law and tried paying victims to stay silent. Sucked in everyone

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you ever seen so many morons thinking it's a win for their team....
"Yay, I knew he was only a guy who aided pedos escaping the law and tried paying victims to stay silent. Sucked in everyone
They need to distance themselves and they can't do it or don't know how to do it.

Pell is not a reflection on your faith.

The church covering up crimes is not a reflection on your faith

All these priests, bishops, cardinals, and pope are humans and make mistakes, they are fallible. They are not a reflection on your faith.

Demand a clean up of the scum.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They need to distance themselves and they can't do it or don't know how to do it.

Pell is not a reflection on your faith.

The church covering up crimes is not a reflection on your faith

All these priests, bishops, cardinals, and pope are humans and make mistakes, they are fallible. They are not a reflection on your faith.

Demand a clean up of the scum.
A cleanup is not needed for people who, like Pell, are innocent. I agree that a clean up of the guilty ones however is needed, and yes, there are guilty ones involved in the Church... I'm not arrogant and I admit that.

The very basis that a Priest raped 2 choir boys in the sacristy straight after mass is laughable.

I was an Alter Boy at my local Parish in the mid 90s, and the Saturday Vigil mass (which was fairly low in attendance compared to Sunday morning) had a very busy Sacristy after Mass... there were always alter servers, acolytes, other Priests, readers, and even other Parishioners in there. There were never any choir singers however, because all the choir equipment inside the Church, not inside the sacristy.

Can you imagine how busy a Cathedral would've been on a Sunday morning? Cathedrals are bigger than Churches, they are busier than Churches, and it was at the busiest time at the week. Also, Bishops ALWAYS have another individual such as a Priest with them in the Sacristy.

The fact is that Priests have a very bad name in the Church at the moment, and if someone is taken to court over something, they jury will find them guilty before the trial has even begun. It's not fair that Pell was released from jail, quite the opposite, it's actually unfair that he was in jail to begin with. This was trial by media.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A cleanup is not needed for people who, like Pell, are innocent. I agree that a clean up of the guilty ones however is needed, and yes, there are guilty ones involved in the Church... I'm not arrogant and I admit that.

The very basis that a Priest raped 2 choir boys in the sacristy straight after mass is laughable.

I was an Alter Boy at my local Parish in the mid 90s, and the Saturday Vigil mass (which was fairly low in attendance compared to Sunday morning) had a very busy Sacristy after Mass... there were always alter servers, acolytes, other Priests, readers, and even other Parishioners in there. There were never any choir singers however, because all the choir equipment inside the Church, not inside the sacristy.

Can you imagine how busy a Cathedral would've been on a Sunday morning? Cathedrals are bigger than Churches, they are busier than Churches, and it was at the busiest time at the week. Also, Bishops ALWAYS have another individual such as a Priest with them in the Sacristy.

The fact is that Priests have a very bad name in the Church at the moment, and if someone is taken to court over something, they jury will find them guilty before the trial has even begun. It's not fair that Pell was released from jail, quite the opposite, it's actually unfair that he was in jail to begin with. This was trial by media.
Have you at all bothered to watch the victims with their side of the story?

Have you bothered to consider how many victims there are and how many of them complained about Pell personally?

Have you bothered to take into consideration that Pell has knowingly LIED about the situation?

1. By claiming he never paid off victims then admitting he did
2. By claiming he never knew about peadophile priests but it coming out that the church actively covered up peadohphile priests and given his high position there's no way in hell he would not know

Do you even consider that these victims came from very religious Catholic families and it's not some conspiracy to attack the Catholic church, that they were heavily invested in the catholic faith during these episodes.

Do you even consider that many of these victims don't even want monetary compensation, they just want to tell their stories.

There are so many accusations against Pell and all these accusations have VERY SIMILAR stories about how Pell groomed them. That's a might big coincidence for their stories to be that similar.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The jury of 12 listened to the victims witness statement, the high court did NOT listen to the witness statement.

The jury of 12 found the victim to be extremely convincing.

Pell got off on a TECHNICALITY.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Have you at all bothered to watch the victims with their side of the story?

Have you bothered to consider how many victims there are and how many of them complained about Pell personally?

Have you bothered to take into consideration that Pell has knowingly LIED about the situation?

1. By claiming he never paid off victims then admitting he did
2. By claiming he never knew about peadophile priests but it coming out that the church actively covered up peadohphile priests and given his high position there's no way in hell he would not know

Do you even consider that these victims came from very religious Catholic families and it's not some conspiracy to attack the Catholic church, that they were heavily invested in the catholic faith during these episodes.

Do you even consider that many of these victims don't even want monetary compensation, they just want to tell their stories.

There are so many accusations against Pell and all these accusations have VERY SIMILAR stories about how Pell groomed them. That's a might big coincidence for their stories to be that similar.
Did you even consider based on the facts of how Cathedrals operate before, during, and after mass that it was physically impossible for all this to occur to begin with?

Wahesh

Reaction score
The jury of 12 listened to the victims witness statement, the high court did NOT listen to the witness statement.

The jury of 12 found the victim to be extremely convincing.

Pell got off on a TECHNICALITY.
Yet the high court still overturned it unanimously.

I'd take 7 educated judges decision over 12 brain-washed jury members any day.

And as I mentioned in my above-post, it was physically impossible for this to happen.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you even consider based on the facts of how Cathedrals operate before, during, and after mass that it was physically impossible for all this to occur to begin with?
That's great, do you want to tell me what the victim/witness has said?

Because for all of Andrew Bolt's bullshit articles, no one knows what was said in the trial, the evidence has NEVER been released to the public.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet the high court still overturned it unanimously.

I'd take 7 educated judges decision over 12 brain-washed jury members any day.

And as I mentioned in my above-post, it was physically impossible for this to happen.
Go on then, tell me how the high court judges came to that decision

Wahesh

Reaction score
That's great, do you want to tell me what the victim/witness has said?

Because for all of Andrew Bolt's bullshit articles, no one knows what was said in the trial, the evidence has NEVER been released to the public.
Go on then, tell me how the high court judges came to that decision
LIVE: TONIGHT 9pm on "Christians underground during lockdown"

Q&A discussing the facts on the Cardinal George Pell case!

Michael Obeid and Charlie Bakhos will be interviewing special guest: John Macaulay; former altar server at the Melbourne Cathedral at the time and longtime observer of the trial of Cardinal George Pell who has been a source to several news agencies.

He was interviewed last year on EWTN by Raymond Arroyo:

https://youtu.be/ht7cWkd-KF4

Comment or message us any questions and tune in tonight 9pm on Christinalivesmatter Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1852494475018627/

Now as this happened last night, here's the video: