Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never said I agreed with it, just that it's not "9". Technically the process starts at 16 which means that the hormone treatments start at 16. The operation doesn't take place until the person is 18.
Even so that's fucked up playing with a teens hormones like that which some might not have even hit puberty yet. Which is why I think 21 for both procedure and hormone manipulations should start. What 16 year old let alone 18 year old honestly knows what the fuck they're doing?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
aside from all the good reasons to vote NO..

Who wants to go to the park for breakfast on Sunday morning, to sip on your coffee, with you kid on the swing, then to see a gay man running through the park in a wedding gown?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it the same god?

was that law applicable at one time?

Did jesus change that law??
Bro you really need to learn to distinguish Christians from Jews. If we followed the marriage laws etc of the Old Testament and have to get circumcised we'd be Jews. But we are Christians, we don't get circumcised, we don't have many wives, this was because Jesus didn't come to change what he had said in the Old Testament but rather clear shit up as we all know humans like to distort things and aren't able to apply common sense.
We fully believe in what happened in the Old Testament and fully believe in the 10 commandments, but we don't follow Jewish customs as that would make us Jews.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro you really need to learn to distinguish Christians from Jews. If we followed the marriage laws etc of the Old Testament and have to get circumcised we'd be Jews. But we are Christians, we don't get circumcised, we don't have many wives, this was because Jesus didn't come to change what he had said in the Old Testament but rather clear shit up as we all know humans like to distort things and aren't able to apply common sense.
We fully believe in what happened in the Old Testament and fully believe in the 10 commandments, but we don't follow Jewish customs as that would make us Jews.
Jesus was a jew

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jesus was a jew
I think 3rd graders could tell me that fact. You must honestly be trolling to think Christianity and Judaism are one in the same. Or that Christians follow Jewish customs and traditions. Like I said if that were the case why are we called Christians and not Jews then?
you should stick to talking about religions and politics you actually know.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think 3rd graders could tell me that fact. You must honestly be trolling to think Christianity and Judaism are one in the same. Or that Christians follow Jewish customs and traditions. Like I said if that were the case why are we called Christians and not Jews then?
you should stick to talking about religions and politics you actually know.
No the fact is I'm not bound by the mental gymnastics in trying to deny logical rational arguments.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No the fact is I'm not bound by the mental gymnastics in trying to deny logical rational arguments.
What is your rational argument? You're saying us Christians are the same as Jews, so why not call us Jews and not Christians? Have you studied catholic canonical law? Even Jewish canonical law? I doubt you have coz if you did, you'd realise the differences, one little one being we believe Christ as the one God where as Jews believe Christ was no God rather a deceiver and blasphemer.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here is a very basic over view of the differences.
You self identify as a tolerant and intellectual person, so I'd assume you'd get all the facts before you start shouting how right you are.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_Judaism

You don't have to read it obviously but you're greatly misinformed and need some educating on the matter. Even Einstein was wrong at times, you ain't no einstein so drop the 'I'm always right' attitude.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"Marriage" is the term used to unify a MAN and a WOMAN.

If 2 guys or 2 girls or 2 dogs or 2 fridges or 2 fucking trees want to be unified CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE!

Fuck me fucking dead. It's like talking to a brick wall.
No it's not. I understand what you are saying, I just think you're full of crap. You wouldn't get that same level of comprehension from a brick wall. :p

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
No it's not. I understand what you are saying, I just think you're full of crap. You wouldn't get that same level of comprehension from a brick wall. :p
Oh you know more than google do you? This is google's definition of marriage:

The legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship - historically and in some jurisdictions specifically a union between a man and a woman

And you know what @utility half? Australia is in that jurisdiction.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What is your rational argument? You're saying us Christians are the same as Jews, so why not call us Jews and not Christians? Have you studied catholic canonical law? Even Jewish canonical law? I doubt you have coz if you did, you'd realise the differences, one little one being we believe Christ as the one God where as Jews believe Christ was no God rather a deceiver and blasphemer.
No

I'm saying that it's the same God and as time passed God changed his mind and sent Jesus to re-write his religion.

David, Noah, Abraham, Soloman, etc etc they're all prophets in Jewish and Christian history and they all followed the path of your God, and they all followed the laws in the Old Testament.

So that religion lineage has decided to change it's views on a whole range of topics as time has passed.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Marriage is a "universal" term man used for the unity of a man and a woman. I didn't think I needed to spoon-feed that point.
Nope. Polygamy and same sex marriage have always been called "marriage" they just haven't been legally called "marriage" in many countries including Australia.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No

I'm saying that it's the same God and as time passed God changed his mind and sent Jesus to re-write his religion.

David, Noah, Abraham, Soloman, etc etc they're all prophets in Jewish and Christian history and they all followed the path of your God, and they all followed the laws in the Old Testament.

So that religion lineage has decided to change it's views on a whole range of topics as time has passed.
Omg lol he didn't change his mind. He 'completed' the prophecy which was Jesus (God) coming to earth and saving us from our sins (Christian belief relax I get you believe it's utter rubbish).

That religion (Judaism) has not changed its views, it's still Judaism as it was thousands of years ago.
Christianity is the somewhat continuation 'new covenant' God made with all people's not just the Jews which was made with them due to Abraham passing the test which I bet you find sickening lol but are ok for parents to see their kids chop their balls off :grinning:
A lot of Jews followed the teachings of Christ hence the apostles and first Christians all being Jews, but not all the Jews accepted the teachings of Christ which is why Jesus put peter in charge of building his new church which was meant for everyone not just the Jews.
Again just like learn to distinguish and stop being so stubborn on the matter, have an open mind (non richard Dawkins/other atheist that died from cancer mind)
And stop thinking you're right before you have the facts, especially on a religion you weren't born into or even know 10% of the actual teachings only what you've researched with a bias mind.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But that could easily be changed if people whine and bitch long enough, hence SSM.
My knowledge of Constitutional Law could change if people whine and bitch long enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.