Gary Warburton 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike B

Bargache +447
Reaction score
He's a workhorse which we dont need. Stagg is a better workhorse. Plus he can't go a game without giving any farking stupid penalties!

We need a backrower who can break the line and control the ball. He can't, if Stagg is out put him in but if not he shouldn't be playing 1st grade.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol people sure do love creating threads even though there are a ****load of other threads that are filled with the same jibberish.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don't understand why everyone is giving it to Gary Warburton out of all people??

It's as if getting rid of Gary Warburton will automatically turn us into a Top 2 side. At least that's the way people on this forum are carrying on about it. Every second thread has been slamming this poor bloke.

Fact of the matter is:

- We are unenthused. Hell, a Melbourne Storm side without the three Kings themselves in Inglis, Slater and Smith beat us with nothing to play for, whilst we had eveything to play for.

- Warburton or not, we have the softest pack in the NRL.

- Our leaders in Kimmorley and Ryan are asleep.

- We are coached by a man who is giving our squad blankets and hot chocolate during training and half time.

If you ask me, there are also dramas going on behind closed doors we do not know of. Especially in relation to point 1.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Poor guy...you are all bunch losers to be honest...

You guys gave it to Holdsworth even though he was playing to his full potential and trying his best every single game.... it was not his fault that he was no JT and will never be one so why you always expected more???

One of my favourite Brad Morrin ...you a'rse holes always give it to him....for a true Bulldog who is on 70ks / year he always put his heart on his sleeve and plays more than his ability

Now Warburton....look at his pay packet and then look at the effort he puts in....atleast the guy is always trying.... he is not Hannant nor East wood nor some other superstar..he never will be a super star...I know Warburton is an average player and always gives his 100%....so stfu!

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't understand why everyone is giving it to Gary Warburton out of all people??

It's as if getting rid of Gary Warburton will automatically turn us into a Top 2 side. At least that's the way people on this forum are carrying on about it. Every second thread has been slamming this poor bloke.

Fact of the matter is:

- We are unenthused. Hell, a Melbourne Storm side without the three Kings themselves in Inglis, Slater and Smith beat us with nothing to play for, whilst we had eveything to play for.

- Warburton or not, we have the softest pack in the NRL.

- Our leaders in Kimmorley and Ryan are asleep.

- We are coached by a man who is giving our squad blankets and hot chocolate during training and half time.

If you ask me, there are also dramas going on behind closed doors we do not know of. Especially in relation to point 1.
The fact of the matter is, he offers nothing, and all the while he starts. I was impressed with Gordon when he started in periods throughout the season. Gordon should be starting, he has the ability to offload which we so desperately need. I agree with you in that Kimmorley and Ryan are not doing their part as senior players in the team, but the same could be said about Patten and Ennis. Come to think of it, they should be setting the standards for the younger blokes like Idris and Barba. What annoys me though, is to scrap Barba, our most potent try scorer, and keep a bloke like Warburton, who's been consistently one of our worst.

I'm not targetting Moore, I think he is a capable coach, but he has to set the standards. You can't drop one player who played poorly and keep another who arguably played poorer.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is, he offers nothing, and all the while he starts. I was impressed with Gordon when he started in periods throughout the season. Gordon should be starting, he has the ability to offload which we so desperately need. I agree with you in that Kimmorley and Ryan are not doing their part as senior players in the team, but the same could be said about Patten and Ennis. Come to think of it, they should be setting the standards for the younger blokes like Idris and Barba. What annoys me though, is to scrap Barba, our most potent try scorer, and keep a bloke like Warburton, who's been consistently one of our worst.

I'm not targetting Moore, I think he is a capable coach, but he has to set the standards. You can't drop one player who played poorly and keep another who arguably played poorer.
Mate I agree with you.

I think Warburton should be dropped to reserves. But he is only a small piece of the puzzle.

We have bigger problems than Gary Warburton at the moment, yet the Kennel seems to paint a different picture about where our true problems are. We don't even have as good replacements as Warburton anyway. If our senior players like Ryan, Hannant and Stagg stepped up, it would make Agros job a hell of a lot easier.

If there's anyone you want to blame - blame the coach for picking this bloke week in, week out and keeping Barba in reserves.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Not only does he make a limited contribution but he sabbotage's our cause with penalties. He looks more like a local surfer than a first grade 2nd rower. The NRL has 2nd rowers coming out of its ears and we have the velosor raptor bobcate [exinct dinosaur] and WARBURTON. Stagg aswel, a glorifed Tony Gimaldi.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Not only does he make a limited contribution but he sabbotage's our cause with penalties. He looks more like a local surfer than a first grade 2nd rower. The NRL has 2nd rowers coming out of its ears and we have the velosor raptor bobcate [exinct dinosaur] and WARBURTON. Stagg aswel, a glorifed Tony Gimaldi.
hes from the south coast which explains his surfie look

Dogs8teen

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because he does the same thing over and over & still get's picked.

Dogs8teen

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate I agree with you.

I think Warburton should be dropped to reserves. But he is only a small piece of the puzzle.

We have bigger problems than Gary Warburton at the moment, yet the Kennel seems to paint a different picture about where our true problems are. We don't even have as good replacements as Warburton anyway. If our senior players like Ryan, Hannant and Stagg stepped up, it would make Agros job a hell of a lot easier.

If there's anyone you want to blame - blame the coach for picking this bloke week in, week out and keeping Barba in reserves.
-

What do you mean we don't have any good replacements?

Ofcourse there are other issues, although people cannot understand why the most obvious ones aren't taken care of sooner.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for warbs... the reason he cops the criticism is because kevvy moore keeps on picking him. If kevvy did the right thing and dropped him then we could all get on with our lives. Warbs has had a decent career already. for someone who is extremely limited talent-wise, he has played a semi final, and been a regular first grader for 1.5 years. that's enough for him to be proud of. Now management need to be honest and tell him that he's just not good enough to be a first grader.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
-

What do you mean we don't have any good replacements?

Ofcourse there are other issues, although people cannot understand why the most obvious ones aren't taken care of sooner.
Who exactly would you replace with Warbs?

Hickey? Morrin?

You also have to remember that our bench needs a balance. You can't have playmakers taking up the entire space on the bench. But in essence I would have Warbs in Reserves.

Here's what my current squad would look like:

1. Patten
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Goodwin
6. Barba
7. Kimmorley
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Green
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

- Foster/Browne
- Romelo
- Gordon
- Armit

C

Carl.

hahah only 12 months ago he was like the fav player

gooooooo gary remember, now everyone hates him LMAO

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who exactly would you replace with Warbs?

Hickey? Morrin?

You also have to remember that our bench needs a balance. You can't have playmakers taking up the entire space on the bench.

Here's what my current squad would look like:

1. Patten
2. Turner
3. Morris
4. Idris
5. Goodwin
6. Barba
7. Kimmorley
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Green
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

- Foster/Browne
- Romelo
- Gordon
- Armit
that backrow has absolutely no balance. Green and Stagg are tiny. Ryan is the right size but hasn't produced the form nor the mongrel we desparately need.

Where's Paea, Halatau on the bench? Surely Paea should be included for a bit of grunt. That backrow you've got could run through a wet paper bag. They'd be like sterlo trying to run through the SOO banner back in the 80s.

And another thing that has been apparent is how much the side has missed ben roberts. He has been sorely missed. His footwork and strength running the ball does create problems for opposition defense.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
that backrow has absolutely no balance. Green and Stagg are tiny. Ryan is the right size but hasn't produced the form nor the mongrel we desparately need.

Where's Paea, Halatau on the bench? Surely Paea should be included for a bit of grunt. That backrow you've got could run through a wet paper bag. They'd be like sterlo trying to run through the SOO banner back in the 80s.

And another thing that has been apparent is how much the side has missed ben roberts. He has been sorely missed. His footwork and strength running the ball does create problems for opposition defense.
So what would you do with Stagg? Throw him in reserves? Or on the bench as an impact player? Fcking LOL

Green would eventually come off. He is not being used to his strengths. Green had some blinders this year in the second row due to his ball-playing abilities. We lack ball-playing second-rowers, and until Halatau can get his fitness back and prove under Reserve watch he has the capabilities to deliver again, by all means throw him back in the 1st grade squad.

At the end of the day, it's a very hard decision who to choose. Paea hasn't shown much impact at all. All our forwards seem to be in the exact same league. It's almost like a lottery deciding who you want to choose in the line-up. But it all comes down to what you want the team to produce.

C

Carl.

its a confidence thing

we are actually creating scoring opportunties but not getting points.

in conclusion bring back roberts or we are ***ed

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
I believe he sat out for the entire second half - sign of the things to come?

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Moore is sizing up a few sackings in the near future.

Another step in futility Kevvie!

Status
Not open for further replies.