games room advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Making a games room and I'm upgrading a few things can't decide between ps4 or xbox 1 so I'm probably just going to go both.tv undecided about 2 42" Resonably priced screens or a decent 60 inch screen, Or even a projector. Any suggestions on tvs for gaming would be appreciated (as I have no fukking idea )
Also those seats for racing games with the steering wheel are they any good.? I'm looking at a budget of around 3 grand but can push it if need be. Cheers

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
ps4 > xbox.

JB Hi-Fi usually has some pretty decent deals with a TV + Console combo..

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Queen of the Nile in the corner to recoup costs.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Making a games room and I'm upgrading a few things can't decide between ps4 or xbox 1 so I'm probably just going to go both.tv undecided about 2 42" Resonably priced screens or a decent 60 inch screen, Or even a projector. Any suggestions on tvs for gaming would be appreciated (as I have no fukking idea )
Also those seats for racing games with the steering wheel are they any good.? I'm looking at a budget of around 3 grand but can push it if need be. Cheers
First of all I wanna say fck you because I'm jealous haha and second, in regards to PS4/Xbox One, Xbox has improved drastically lately and it will come down to your preference of exclusive games so the choice is yours.

I have a brand recommendation on TV's, though. LG. I have a 42" Sony LED 3D TV and my missus has 42" LG LED 3D TV. The LG is noticeably better picture AND sound quality. I have the PS4 on the Sony TV and the One on the LG TV and the LG is so much more brighter, sharper and has less motion blur (Both 100Hz). HOWEVER, my cousin has a Samsung plasma TV and his PS3 looks pretty damn good on it. Apparently, someone correct me or confirm this please, plasma TVs are better for games.

Just a heads up on the racing pod things, my mate had one. LOVED it at first but then it got old quick and sold it for about a quarter of what he paid for it. If you're into racing games, it's a good idea but be careful because not all car games support a steering wheel. And which steering wheel will you be buying for it? One that supports a PS4 or Xbox One?

Still, jealous... Haha

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ps4 > xbox.

JB Hi-Fi usually has some pretty decent deals with a TV + Console combo..
I think Sony are throwing in PS4's with a Sony TV?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea about the racing was just sussing it out. Apparently plasmas are better for gaming these days the whole screen burn thing is pretty much non existent now (so I've been told)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Sony are throwing in PS4's with a Sony TV?
Yep. It's only certain models and they have a limited number of PS4's but when you purchase one of the select models you can get a free PS4.

In regard to the choice, go the 60 inch over the 2 x 42 inches.

Haven't had much experience with the racing seats myself.

Personally I'd invest the money in a good TV plus a decent Amp and speakers.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I got the 70in Sony with a PS4.

TV can be sourced for approx $2400 from JB. Just go in with cash and negotiate.. thats what i did.Be prepared to walk if they dont give you the price. Then go somewhere else and say JB gave me this price. Good Guys will match theprice for the TV but not sure on PS4 combo though.

and dont worry about getting Queen of the Nile, get a Mame machine to recoup costs. plus you could get 1000's of games. It would be more fun too but wont make back the money back as quick. At least you will never have to do a pay out.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jbhifi has an LG 60 inch 100hz for about 2g it looks like the front runner so far

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you get expensive shiny things then have no kids or women allowed in lol, they will break, move and try to clean your stuff thus pissing you off :p

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you get expensive shiny things then have no kids or women allowed in lol, they will break, move and try to clean your stuff thus pissing you off :p
The Mrs would not know what a fukking broom is lol so no problem there and door will be locked no kids they got enough this will be my room

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mrs would not know what a fukking broom is lol so no problem there and door will be locked no kids they got enough this will be my room
Hahaha thats awesome, so do you do all the cleaning? I still live with my rents and my mum vacuums and wipes the floors everyday so ****ing annoying when the vacuum comes in when I'm trying to chill out in our games room, she always asks us to help but everyday **** that lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahaha thats awesome, so do you do all the cleaning? I still live with my rents and my mum vacuums and wipes the floors everyday so ****ing annoying when the vacuum comes in when I'm trying to chill out in our games room, she always asks us to help but everyday **** that lol
When ever me mum asks me whats on the tv, i always reply "dust". Im such a dick aha.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A stripper pole is just a shiny support beam without strippers. Scrap the games room concept and make it a mini strip club. Full bar, pole on a mini stage and seating lining the walls. You will recoup costs far quicker just from visiting friends, eventually it will pay to extend the house and set up a games room that will kick some serious ass. In the meanwhile you have a strip club in your games room. All win.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When ever me mum asks me whats on the tv, i always reply "dust". Im such a dick aha.
My mum wipes and cleans our game room 24/7 because dust is "always" in here it's so annoying ffs

A stripper pole is just a shiny support beam without strippers. Scrap the games room concept and make it a mini strip club. Full bar, pole on a mini stage and seating lining the walls. You will recoup costs far quicker just from visiting friends, eventually it will pay to extend the house and set up a games room that will kick some serious ass. In the meanwhile you have a strip club in your games room. All win.
I like the way this man thinks!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No games room is complete without a real full sized pool/snooker table, and foosball table. air hockey table optional.

TV's, whatever you get, make sure you can turn off its motionflow technology (Samsung), and that its true 100/200Hz, not interpolated.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No games room is complete without a real full sized pool/snooker table, and foosball table. air hockey table optional.

TV's, whatever you get, make sure you can turn off its motionflow technology (Samsung), and that its true 100/200Hz, not interpolated.
Those are expensive options lol

Status
Not open for further replies.