Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So Adam Douahi and Zane Musgrove are both suspended for Rd1 yet are listed on the reserves bench for this weekends Trial!! So why isn’t Thompson named then ffs?
Injured.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Adam Douahi and Zane Musgrove are both suspended for Rd1 yet are listed on the reserves bench for this weekends Trial!! So why isn’t Thompson named then ffs?
There was mention of a hamstring injury a few weeks ago. I'd say that's the reason. It's bad timing as he needs all of the game time he can get since he'll miss four games.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Averillo is playing round 1 it’s so disappointing that he won’t get a chance to get a game with the Flange in this trial. Even having a half of a trial together would increase the chances winning at Newcastle.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allan/Meaney
2. Katoa/Manu
3. Cotric/Lewis
4. Hoppa/Schoupp
5. DWZ/Casey
6. Wakeham
7. Flanagan/BBO
8. Hetherington/Stimson/Britt
9. Katoa/Deitz
10. Ogden/Atoni/Ava
11. Waddell/Doorey
12. Elliott/Topine
13. Jackson/Smith

Casey and Meaney potentially switch but I think this is where most player would lineup?
Dont like Lewis in centres but i think your spot on with your predictions. Rather see Lewis in the halves, i just dont rate Wakeham at all.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Averillo is playing round 1 it’s so disappointing that he won’t get a chance to get a game with the Flange in this trial. Even having a half of a trial together would increase the chances winning at Newcastle.
Its concerning he gets injured often. Last year he was out with HIA and injuries more than in. Hopefully they put some size on him in the off season, if not i think you can expect Lewis and Wakeham having their turn at 6 more than you would expect.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kennel meltdown if Tolman bursts through the defense on the 4th and scores a try
Unlikely. A couple of times last year he found himself 5 metres out with the try line wide open and he froze and went to ground. Blokes been doing nudie runs for a long time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dont like Lewis in centres but i think your spot on with your predictions. Rather see Lewis in the halves, i just dont rate Wakeham at all.
Wakeham has ability, he has just struggled to transition to firstgrade physically. Lewis physically is fine but lacks the ability and it's why he will likely never play in the halves again and has been moved to a position where we have the least depth.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham has ability, he has just struggled to transition to firstgrade physically. Lewis physically is fine but lacks the ability and it's why he will likely never play in the halves again and has been moved to a position where we have the least depth.
But where has he actually been moved to? If he wasnt promised a position in the 17 you can bet both your nuts he would've already asked for a release. People can hate on him as much as they like but you can be sure that he would be picked up by another team.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But where has he actually been moved to? If he wasnt promised a position in the 17 you can bet both your nuts he would've already asked for a release. People can hate on him as much as they like but you can be sure that he would be picked up by another team.
He will probably be one of those slow defensive centers as a stop gap when we get injuries.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently centre, potentially utility. Who would actually want him though? I can't see him starting in any other teams 17.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have it on good merit from basically the top that the club is looking really hard to fit Lewis into the 17 somewhere... Wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis shift between positions this weekend.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He might be picked up at another team for a year or two but I really couldn’t see him starting for any other side. He will be in QLD Cup or England before too long.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have it on good merit from basically the top that the club is looking really hard to fit Lewis into the 17 somewhere... Wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis shift between positions this weekend.
He might play various positions but I doubt they're trying hard to fit him in...

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric's carries off our line are going to be so valuable! If DWZ can follow him up and not drop the ball that will get our sets off to a great start!
Or play the ball backwards