Game still haunts Barba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
It is only 3.5 weeks after the game and I'm still traumatised myself. I kind of know how he feels lol.

48.5 weeks to redemption.

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I watched the gf yesterday for first time...as I was at the game

As I was watching it I was still on the edge of my seat and I still felt sick watching it...

Mrs asked if she could delete from iq...I said no

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I watched the gf yesterday for first time...as I was at the game

As I was watching it I was still on the edge of my seat and I still felt sick watching it...

Mrs asked if she could delete from iq...I said no
Was at the game as well but have never and will never watch it again, just like I haven't watched 98 or 93

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Was at the game as well but have never and will never watch it again, just like I haven't watched 98 or 93
94 :grinning:

I was at the game also, I did IQ the game but won't watch it.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Games Bulldogs lose do not exist. Facts of life

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've watched it once. Its gone in the vault. Along with 94,98. 09,03 prelims also. Mates and I regularly refer to gf's lost and prelim losses as "vault matches" never to be spoken of or seen again. I am fairly dirty on the refereeing from Cummins and Archer. 50/50 calls all went Storms way. I'm sure Dogs will lift trophy sooner rather then later

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i have no doubts we will be back at the big dance again....i think we can seriously win it the comp next year....no bias :P

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna haunt plenty of opposition supporters WHEN the Dogs win the GF.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched it a few days after I also went to the game. We actually seemed a lot better on tv then we did at the game idk why. I'll never watch it again tho

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I've watched it a couple of times. I was trying to understand how we lost. I won't watch it again. My analysis after watching it a couple of times was:
1. Storm were the more mature team. Followed their game plan and took advantage of everything
2. Our pack allowed themselves to be bustled and lost control. It happened early and often. They fought back but were always off the back foot.
3. We didn't value the ball highly enough.

Having said that we were beaten not crushed and there is plenty of improvement in us. If this was a horse race you would put money on us for next time.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
We were well in it , great effort and we will be back next year

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No doubt we were outplayed by a more mature outfit. There was a lot of inexperience in the Dog's team, and it showed. As I've said before, we missed opportunities to expose the Storm's defense out wide whenever they ran up to surround Barba. We'll learn from that.

Still think the turning point was Slater's arm around Morris' throat when he jumped on his back and punched the ball dead. Looking at Inglis' penalty try, I just can't work out why the Dogs were on the wrong end of that decision.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As badly as we played for 60 mins, we were still in the game and were finishing the stronger of the 2 sides.
The last 20 mins or so was ALL Bulldogs
....we just executed really poorly, and they executed their defensive game plan to perfection....Sadly we failed to adapt to their defensive game.......go watch the last 20mins again.... We were ALL OVER THEM.....just couldn't manage to land a blow!
There were times where a kick in behind them was on, or others when we took the wrong option in our attack .....a number of times when we should have given the ball .....we didn't, and others when a show and go would have worked a treat....we passed. The game was still there to be won by us.....Melbourne had to defend their assess of to win it.

Great experience for our players and fans.
watching it again on TV recently helped me feel better about our prospects for 2013....our young players have had a taste now....we lost in 79 and then went onto win the next 3 GFs we played. 80,84 & 85.
This year reminds me a lot of '79 !! If history repeats, we're in for 3 GF wins in the next 5 years....how good would THAT be?!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
it all hurts the same!
Not really, we were a bunch of kids with hardly no finals games under our belts and we lost to a battle hardened team which has the the AUS/QLD "big 3" and we only lost by 10. What's your excuse for getting arse raped 40-0 in a GF?

Status
Not open for further replies.