• Dogs 13+

• Draw

• Storm 1-12

• Storm 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think the only certainty from that trial is if Poassa backs that up against the sharks he has got himself into the17. Salmon was also bloody good. Will be hard to keep him out as well. People don’t realise the conditions last night were pretty tough it would have been really really slippery. If it was dryer passes would have been crisper, could have used our speed more and we would have put on 50.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see very clearly our Recuitment strategy now and why. Very solid first grade players for 2-3 years while these kids develop. We should move up the table while showing these kids how to play… 2024 - 2030 exciting times for bulldogs especially if Gould can put a couple decent junior layers under again over the next couple of years

Last edited:

GoTeamRaRaFunky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lots of positive signs for me too. Even being down at halftime I was really happy with the defensive intent from the team. Attack was a bit rusty but you can see the potential, just lacking a bit of polish.
Salmon has Ukrainian blood which is pretty close to poland? If Dallin Watene-Zelezniak was around he'd definitely increase the polish factor.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if he is ready no need to hold him back, he isnt a rookie
He aint ready.

He is still basically a rookie considering he only played 1 season 4 years ago at a tender age of 18.

He'll get there quick no doubt, Round 1? your not holding him back, ur throwing him to the wolves.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn Burton sent me last night, still ain't over it :tearsofjoy:
As much as i hate it, i felt the same way this morning. I cant stop thinking about how he was cramping his outside men... I reckon Critta will knock his head off if he did what he did to Xerri last night.

Im patient with him because he is a special talent but fcuk me when i see beauty from kids like Oneil and Woods, Burton will need to move aside.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see very clearly our Recuitment strategy now and why. Very solid first grade players for 2-3 years while these kids develop.
Politis and various other vultures will be circling.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As much as i hate it, i felt the same way this morning. I cant stop thinking about how he was cramping his outside men... I reckon Critta will knock his head off if he did what he did to Xerri last night.

Im patient with him because he is a special talent but fcuk me when i see beauty from kids like Oneil and Woods, Burton will need to move aside.
Burton is being carried so hard by his potential to run the ball (when he feels like it), outside of that he has absolutely nothing. I definitely get "big kid dominating smaller kids in juniors" vibes from him as you can see his core skills are just severely lacking.

The club is overvaluing his ability as a ball runner and/or his ability to improve other key skills imo. Even if Burton turns on his running game and he's splitting the line open say twice a game (he's capable of doing more) is that really enough?Statistically it will look great on paper for himself but if he isn't effectively using the likes of Fox, Crichton and Kikau outside him then imo that's a net negative for the side.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah the Burton pile on is laughable for 40mins of a trial. He's a 6, not a halfback. Some of the best 6's have quiet games, or a quiet 70minutes and then blitz for 10. Look at guys like Munster, Dyl Brown, Ezra Mam. Key difference to Burton with all of those guys is they also play with great halfbacks, something Burton hasn't been afforded in his few years with us. Happy with Sexton or Hutch, both played well and will help Burton.
Mam and Brown receive double the criticism Burton does though…..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Burton is being carried so hard by his potential to run the ball (when he feels like it), outside of that he has absolutely nothing. I definitely get "big kid dominating smaller kids in juniors" vibes from him as you can see his core skills are just severely lacking.

The club is overvaluing his ability as a ball runner and/or his ability to improve other key skills imo. Even if Burton turns on his running game and he's splitting the line open say twice a game (he's capable of doing more) is that really enough?Statistically it will look great on paper for himself but if he isn't effectively using the likes of Fox, Crichton and Kikau outside him then imo that's a net negative for the side.
It’s the Josh Reynolds effect if he runs, ruins the team dynamics all game, ruins try scoring opportunities but makes a half break once and everyone claims “they are only ones creating anything” not realising they are the reason nothing is being created

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He aint ready.

He is still basically a rookie considering he only played 1 season 4 years ago at a tender age of 18.

He'll get there quick no doubt, Round 1? your not holding him back, ur throwing him to the wolves.
did u see stats from last night?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My take aways from the game;

The forwards hunted as a PACK, solid initial contact, multiple players in every tackle, some of the hits were easily audible, a good solid THUMP.
The line speed in defence, in a straight line, no rushing, no lagging, was impressive (the very basis of Ciraldo's defensive "system").
Hit 'em hard and early with multiple players, every set, no respite, easy to say hard to do.

Xerri isn't rusty, looked just like he did 4 years ago, solid in defence, powerful runs, good offload and the acceleration was a sight to behold.

Salmon carried out the "ball playing lock" role at a very high level, Curran was my original pick for lock, but he has solid competition, not a bad thing.

1/2's, hard to pick, need more game time.

The drop off in Melbourne once the "superstars" don't play is dramatic, our 17 to 28 outplayed them drastically, a couple of injuries and they are farked.

Bring on next week.

Always a Bulldog