• Dogs 13+

• Draw

• Storm 1-12

• Storm 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see Skelton come off the bench and play that Okunbor roll from last year, just tell him to roam the field and make an impact.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will post some thoughts tomorrow when have sobered up a bit.

Will say that Knight could come good. He was a bit unlucky with those mistakes and he threw a good pass to sexton which led to a try.
He made a few good runs and can see something in him. Maybe once his rooting seshs cool a bit he'll be ready to play quite well.

Also the blonde dummy half who came on 2nd half played great and looks a real competitor (whats his name??)
Bailey Hayward been with us a few years now in reserve usually playing in the halves but I really enjoyed how he played today at 9 in the second half.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't know anything about who Melbourne put out there. Some of the players for Storm looked like they were plucked from a pub side. Storm lost first trial last year finished top 4. We don't even know if they prepared in the sense of team work or did standard style pre-season training. Same as we don't know what we did. All teams prepare and treat trials differently. Nothing can really be gained from trials a lot more can be lost though. The best thing tonight was no one on either side got injured. It's good for TV ratings and clubs to flog off stuff on their socials to boost membership sales and advertising clicks on the website. Nothing more or less.
Nah, this isn't true. It's a lot more than what you're saying.

It's great for the lads to get some match fitness. To build understanding. To develop attitude.

All I'm saying is don't get carried away with the result.

I'm happy we won.

I'm happy the lads put in.

Let's see next week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And Mann.

Curran and Mann will add more than Salmon at Lock, Wait t'ill you see their line speed and hits.

Kikau/Kiraz/Crighton/JAC can score points from nothing.

Just need forward pack to roll to get the space to play.
Agree mate
Swap clarke for critter and we score probably 4 more first half tries
Pooasami was impressive with Hughes
Exerri was super also

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shout out to CC & the coaching staff, they’ve obviously put in a lot of work, defence, attitude and pride was top level, team keeps that up and they’ll be a handful all season .. the real story is the juniors coming through though .. they’re looking hungry ..

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My take
I know we played pretty much a reserve grade Storm team, BUT, the attack looked so much better.
For once we had players like Hutchison and Taffe who dug deep into the line and actually created space for our outside backs.
The right side looked very potent.
The left when Burton was there looked no different to last season. He refuses to dig to the line. Is he afraid?
I think Jason Taylor is a big reason why our attack looked much better.
Yes, still some rust but we are headed in the right direction.