Funeral Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im constantly getting phone calls from dickheads selling funeral insurance. I generally get a call every second day & they are annoying as.

How can I stop these idiots?

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same company or different ones mate? I'd hate that too
Same company I think. One of the phone numbers they use is 02 80697935 but they have called me on others.

I do have accidental death insurance anyway. The Mrs gets $1mil to raise a couple of kids & pay whats left on the mortgage. Surely she will spare a few thousand to dig a hole & throw me in.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same company I think. One of the phone numbers they use is 02 80697935 but they have called me on others.

I do have accidental death insurance anyway. The Mrs gets $1mil to raise a couple of kids & pay whats left on the mortgage. Surely she will spare a few thousand to dig a hole & throw me in.
Where u live stooge? Might be worth doing a deal with ur Mrs and getting rid of you :grinning:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you on the do not call register?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Think it only lasts two years too from memory

N

Natboy

I block a lot of numbers now too on my mobile.
I've blocked clients that annoyed me too so they would be like wtf is going on when they try and call or message me haha

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just have a funeral and they might stop :p

Reaction score
I just joined. It can take up to 30 days for these clowns to get me off their list.

If anyone else wants to do the same.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
they don't have to comply to that, so it's useless. the south africans are hitting australia pretty hard at the moment, was it those guys?

best thing to do to make them stop calling is smash the phone handset on the desk when you pick up

N

Natboy

they don't have to comply to that, so it's useless. the south africans are hitting australia pretty hard at the moment, was it those guys?

best thing to do to make them stop calling is smash the phone handset on the desk when you pick up
Or blow a whistle in their ear each time

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think there Indians or something.

In the morning they say "Good evening sir, what a wonderful day it has been"

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah mate, I get calls from that same number on my work phone because I haven't joined Do Not Call.

Never answered, though.

N

Natboy

I think there Indians or something.

In the morning they say "Good evening sir, what a wonderful day it has been"
Poor old indiandog gets blamed for everything!

I'm curious how many of you still have home phones?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im constantly getting phone calls from dickheads selling funeral insurance. I generally get a call every second day & they are annoying as.

How can I stop these idiots?
Tell them your immortal and you have no reason to purchase it

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretend to be a cop and say the person they were intending on contacting was murdered in the last 30 mins - then go on to say that your tracing the call and that they are the prime suspects.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Except that impersonating a police officer is, erm, rather illegal.

Follow a few routes:
1. Blow a loud whistle in the phone when they answer.
2. Tell them to F Off and unleash a barrage of language (might get you blacklisted from them calling you).
3. Ask what company in Australia they represent, and blast them (Aus company).
4. Whenever they call go "Funeral Insurance, OVER MY DEAD BODY", and then hang up. Rinse and Repeat and eventually they'll get the point.
I've been telling these dickheads to **** off now for 6 months & they keep calling!

Status
Not open for further replies.