Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since when has the dogs become the scrapyard for Broncos rejects
He is the kiwis first choice fullback and is in good form for both broncos and the kiwis. Everyone talks about locke but i can't remember the last time he had a great performance. Hoffman would be a good buy for the dogs. Naughton is still young and if he signed with the dogs would probably play in the under 20s or reserve grade.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe they are actually buying 2 fullbacks & Eric Grothe...add Tim Lafai & Reni Maitua into the mix & there is competition in a few positions across the park which could be just what the team needs to raise the bar & get some spark - at times certain players seemed to be too settled in their guaranteed positions last year.
Perhaps for 2014 they may go with who ever wants it the most now rather than who played the best last year.

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dakar has announced on twitter that Curtis Noughton has signed with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, Dakar please confirm.

@wiki_league: @fotmac83 @TheKennelForum @noggers1 congratulations i have just recieved information of your signing however will respect curts wishes

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dakar has announced that Curtis Noughton has signed with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, Dakar please confirm.

@wiki_league: @fotmac83 @TheKennelForum @noggers1 congratulations i have just recieved information of your signing however will respect curts wishes
If this is true that is great news for us. Now there is just Hoffman left to get and we will be set in the fullback department.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any more arguments break out I feel that this thread should be renamed tomorrow when the war began

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dakar is so funny. Mate you've just told the whole world hahahahaah

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So who will play fb if we get Naughton and Hoffman?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were gonna put Hoffman on the wing and naughton will be off the bench. Drury low will step up.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dakar has announced that Curtis Noughton has signed with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, Dakar please confirm.

He may be hinting at it but he never said anywhere there that he actually signed with us.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Were gonna put Hoffman on the wing and naughton will be off the bench. Drury low will step up.
Hoffman at fullback, naughton on the wing, perret out, inu the other wing, morris and lafai in the centres.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah but in all honesty, the kid seems genuine, and if he is half as good as everyone says he is, give a dig on the wing for a bit.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1.hoffman
2.naughton
3.morris
4.lafai
5.inu
6.reynolds
7.hodkinson

Sounds like a good back line

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be surprised to see des just chuck in a 19 year old kid into first grade when he has never played a game of footy in this country, it won't happen.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would be surprised to see des just chuck in a 19 year old kid into first grade when he has never played a game of footy in this country, it won't happen.
Its better than having dead wood in perret and brown. We need to try something new.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of course, forgot about Drury Lowe & to be honest he started coming good in about his 4th game at fullback earlier in the year against the Storm, even more competition....Have to say that I think Naughton will play the lower grade for the first year.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way he was interacting with fans, you could tell he was surprised that so many of us wanted him at our club. Seeing a couple of highlights of him , he shows promise and he seems level headed.

Good prospect, hopes he turns into a Adrian Morley type character and stays in Aus. Bupa better be his mentor.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The way he was interacting with fans, you could tell he was surprised that so many of us wanted him at our club. Seeing a couple of highlights of him , he shows promise and he seems level headed.

Good prospect, hopes he turns into a Adrian Morley type character and stays in Aus. Bupa better be his mentor.
Maybe he was surprised at how desperate the doggies fans are to sign someone.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its better than having dead wood in perret and brown. We need to try something new.
I certainly agree our backline needs a good shake up. This naughton kid will get his chance at some stage it's just very doubtful you will see him in first grade come round one. dakar hasn't even confirmed who he signed for yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.