Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Brisbane Broncos have ended any hopes of rival NRL clubs trying to poach talented outside back Josh Hoffman

The rumour mill has been spinning this week, suggesting Hoffman could end up at another club.

However as he is contracted to the Broncos for another two years, his management is legally not able to engage in negotiations with other teams without the Broncos permission.

And that permission will not be forthcoming.

The Broncos moved today to assure fans that the try-scoring whiz will be a Bronco at least for the next two seasons.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/hoffman-will-remain-a-bronco-11436/#ixzz2imFUjtb9
This pisses me right off.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the best thing is to take a few years and develop our own juniors. It means a bit of pain initially, but will bring long-term gains, and foster better cohesion within the team.
That day will come... Hoffman probably won't turn out to be a long term solution.. Most likely he'll return to QLD when the time comes. (even though I rate him highly, and I would love him to stay)

I dont see the bloke staying here more than 3 years. Tempo and our lads are ready to roll in 3 years time.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That day will come... Hoffman probably won't turn out to be a long term solution.. Most likely he'll return to QLD when the time comes. (even though I rate him highly, and I would love him to stay)

I dont see the bloke staying here more than 3 years. Tempo and our lads are ready to roll in 3 years time.
Fair enough he established himself at a queensland club and I believe he would get homesick not like someone else we used to know who established his first grade career at a Sydney club but gets homesick for a place he visits during offseasons !

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The Brisbane Broncos have ended any hopes of rival NRL clubs trying to poach talented outside back Josh Hoffman

The rumour mill has been spinning this week, suggesting Hoffman could end up at another club.

However as he is contracted to the Broncos for another two years, his management is legally not able to engage in negotiations with other teams without the Broncos permission.

And that permission will not be forthcoming.

The Broncos moved today to assure fans that the try-scoring whiz will be a Bronco at least for the next two seasons.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/hoffman-will-remain-a-bronco-11436/#ixzz2imFUjtb9
This just shows the falling from grace the broncs are at. Whispers of pressure on Griffin, even being interested in BB. Once upon a time in bris-vegas not too far away they had players lining up at the door to "take pay cuts" (Queue the thoroughbreds) to either stay at the bronc's or come to the bronc's! Forcing Hoffman to stay and for that matter bringing in BB when they don't need him (Hoff will be great if he's not ruined), they use to be that overflowing with prospects that they would have let Hoffman go with a thankyou for your services but now they want players and don't want to release them at the expense of their careers.....now thats just rude and mean! Bronc's should just man up and release him because they have replaced him anyway, now there just holding him back so it doesn't help another club!!!

Alphamale

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So worst case if we sign no one, what's the general vibe on who we should use from our current list?
I personally would rather morris back in the centres as opposed to possibly losing him next year

I think Perret is the conservative choice, but would like to see inu really smash on off season, get his fitness up and focus on fullback. Means we can play lafai in the centres as well.

Lafai at fullback is the long shot, can't see it happening but with training has the skills to do it.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So worst case if we sign no one, what's the general vibe on who we should use from our current list?
I personally would rather morris back in the centres as opposed to possibly losing him next year

I think Perret is the conservative choice, but would like to see inu really smash on off season, get his fitness up and focus on fullback. Means we can play lafai in the centres as well.

Lafai at fullback is the long shot, can't see it happening but with training has the skills to do it.
I agree man. If we don't sign a fullback then Inu would be my choice.

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone that keeps on persisting Inu to fullback are kidding yourselves. Will not happen!!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
If Inu tones up a bit, I really think he could be in the mould of Inglis, only slightly slower, but I think just a strong if not more...Fullback position solved.

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys ive only just joined, but have been reading posts from the kennel for ages, lol the fullback situation were in is pretty sticky but i was speaking to a bulldogs veteran who comes by my shop regularly and he thinks that des might be shown the door, due to the poor decisions this season (not dropping T rex, etc) and there was a sour relationship between him and Todd greenburg. I dnt want to be the new guy stirring up crap, but this guy also told me barba would leave when the season just started. Dakar do you have any info on this?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This just shows the falling from grace the broncs are at. Whispers of pressure on Griffin, even being interested in BB. Once upon a time in bris-vegas not too far away they had players lining up at the door to "take pay cuts" (Queue the thoroughbreds) to either stay at the bronc's or come to the bronc's! Forcing Hoffman to stay and for that matter bringing in BB when they don't need him (Hoff will be great if he's not ruined), they use to be that overflowing with prospects that they would have let Hoffman go with a thankyou for your services but now they want players and don't want to release them at the expense of their careers.....now thats just rude and mean! Bronc's should just man up and release him because they have replaced him anyway, now there just holding him back so it doesn't help another club!!!
There was 2 seperate stories going around 1 in the mole in rlw that a very sought after coach not getting paid on time and hes not happy - has to be Bennett another story said a sydney based player got told to join broncos cause bennett will be there

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why has Perret been in some membership promotional content wearing the 1? Does it mean anything or am I reading too much into it?

I would rather Morris at centre too. His defence is good, he has a good combination with Hodkinson in defence down the left. Morris is out of place at fullback and although yes with an off season he will improve greatly, he will never have the soft hands a lot of top class fullbacks (including barba) have. When Morris takes a pass he usually takes it close to his chest which takes time to get the ball back in the passing position, if there is an overlap it may close down. He can bat the ball on well but that is what centres do not Fullbacks.

His kicking game is not up to a first grade level for fullbacks, his passing game has flaws in it, his play making is not up there with the best. What he would excel in is kick returns. He will get 150+ meters every game because he has speed. He can get to the ball quickly and run it back just as fast. In support he will be great as well. But his fitness will take a year to improve (even barba with 3 years at fullback used to struggle after a long chase or big run and would retreat to the wing).

Morris is an outstanding centre, I guess he can be moulded into a decent fullback (maybe up to Hoffmans/Lockes standard) but then again he is the best centre in the world and there is a possibility he will go Dragons so we will be back to square 1 after developing him (he will make plenty of errors if first choice fullback next season).

I think the Inglis comparison comes up a lot. But the closest thing to him will probably be Fergo. Not condoning what he has done or happy for him to come (I witnessed him being a idiot on the p!ss no less then 6 times over the last 3 months) he is not reformed. The Mundine thing was just for the cameras and nothing more. He will be trouble and if he loses the respect of the senior players then it will be the same situation as Barba. If the senior guys will take him under their wing and guide him then it may keep the players spirits up.

Fergo has speed, size, great hands (is prone to the dumbest of errors though), has the freak ability, he has strength. He would make a great fullback with development (better then Morris) because of his soft hands and his natural ability.

In the end after listening to the ABC interview it seems that Des is the one that comes up with the names, it will just be up to Castles to fit them in. That does give me a little more confidence. Des and his team will not make an irrational purchase. Cap management, playing ability and structure will be considered before signing someone. Des will know if they fit in to the game plan, he doesnt make wrong decisions very often.

I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks. The players are not back at training until 4th of November so you would think that is when everything will be a little clearer.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey guys ive only just joined, but have been reading posts from the kennel for ages, lol the fullback situation were in is pretty sticky but i was speaking to a bulldogs veteran who comes by my shop regularly and he thinks that des might be shown the door, due to the poor decisions this season (not dropping T rex, etc) and there was a sour relationship between him and Todd greenburg. I dnt want to be the new guy stirring up crap, but this guy also told me barba would leave when the season just started. Dakar do you have any info on this?
Geez, reporters are getting lazy....

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haha , good one mate, i knew id be welcomed to this place straight away , i ddnt want to mention the veterans name, but it was geoff robinson, if you know your bulldogs history, you should know him right away. Its very nice to see how quickly bulldogs fans respect each other and stick together. Cheers mate :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sorry i have a problem believing rumours from someone with a single digit post count in this place. But kudos for not starting a new thread about it.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha , good one mate, i knew id be welcomed to this place straight away , i ddnt want to mention the veterans name, but it was geoff robinson, if you know your bulldogs history, you should know him right away. Its very nice to see how quickly bulldogs fans respect each other and stick together. Cheers mate :grinning:
Hurr durr I r bulldogs fan. Did you guise see Ben barbZ in 2012!' He is great! I am related to will moson, and my cousin is michael omeley.

Tell me guise do you know about our new fullback ? I herd des is leaving!!

Bulldog for 2014!!

**** off you dumb shit stirring journo, **** off to the ****ing cave you were spawned from you piece of shit scum bag.

Bluewhite93

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Entirely understand mate , i dnt blame you, i also didnt say this is fact i just was told by a former bulldog and thought if i brought it up maybe someone would have further info , as for bcmf mate no need to kick up a stink and say those things, things which give our club a bad name, geez , im not going to be disrespect you and say the things u said to me back , because that will only lower me to your level.

Status
Not open for further replies.